The Student Room Group

Parents Learning Allowance

Hello,

I filled in my SFE application and had it approved a couple months ago, but was told to wait until my baby was born to apply for Parents Learning Allowance and the Childcare Grant.

Now she is born i have gone to fill out the form and it says
"Are you under 25, living with a partner, and applying for Childcare Grant or Parents Learning Allowance". Do you have to be under 25 to receive this help? I wasn't informed of the age range when i was first applying, and no other website that explains these grants state you have to be over 25 (Ie the GOV website and SFE eligibility page itself).

I also will need to apply for the Childcare Grant section, but will only need it for the second semester, should i apply for that section now or wait until January?

Thank you for your time!
Original post by ARob
Hello,

I filled in my SFE application and had it approved a couple months ago, but was told to wait until my baby was born to apply for Parents Learning Allowance and the Childcare Grant.

Now she is born i have gone to fill out the form and it says
"Are you under 25, living with a partner, and applying for Childcare Grant or Parents Learning Allowance". Do you have to be under 25 to receive this help? I wasn't informed of the age range when i was first applying, and no other website that explains these grants state you have to be over 25 (Ie the GOV website and SFE eligibility page itself).

I also will need to apply for the Childcare Grant section, but will only need it for the second semester, should i apply for that section now or wait until January?

Thank you for your time!

Hi,

No, you don't need to be under 25. Please answer the question accordingly so we can determine if your grants will be based off your partners income or not. We have different processes for students with children who are under 25.

You can apply for the Childcare Grant now and you can input the start date as January.

Thanks, Chanel
Reply 2
Hello,

I have already got student finance approved, I have two children under 10yrs old. My husband is unemployed, I also work too, will I be able to apply for parents learning allowance?
Original post by Sullyb
Hello,

I have already got student finance approved, I have two children under 10yrs old. My husband is unemployed, I also work too, will I be able to apply for parents learning allowance?

Hi there, Are you studying a full or part time course? Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending