The Student Room Group

UWC Scholarship/Funding

Hi! This is an open question to anyone who has previously applied to UWC through the Great Britain National committee, I was wondering what the means/needs assessment looked like for you, and if anyone did go through with it were you given a scholarship that your family was comfortable with paying. Or did the scholarship they gave you mean you had to pay a bit more than expected/wanted?Another separate question I have is if anyone knows if the competition through the UWC GB very high and if there is a high acceptance rate, like how many people who apply through the UWC GB actually get in and how many don't.Thanks so much
Reply 1
Original post by Jemimahh
Hi! This is an open question to anyone who has previously applied to UWC through the Great Britain National committee, I was wondering what the means/needs assessment looked like for you, and if anyone did go through with it were you given a scholarship that your family was comfortable with paying. Or did the scholarship they gave you mean you had to pay a bit more than expected/wanted?Another separate question I have is if anyone knows if the competition through the UWC GB very high and if there is a high acceptance rate, like how many people who apply through the UWC GB actually get in and how many don't.Thanks so much

hey,
i applied to uwc through the gb committee (i didn’t get in but i got through to the interview round, so i can answer some of your questions)

not to deter you but the selections process didn’t seem 100% just (no i’m not bitter, as i love the school that i go to now), but i know of someone that got full scholarship aid that didn’t need it (their parents were very financially independent and regularly went on multiple holidays throughout the year). Also, they select very few people to be in their class body (representing the uk), i believe only around 30-35 students were chosen in the year i applied. Somebody got waitlisted and the school didn’t have the money to give them so they had to pull close to £100k out of their back pocket (i know my family had no where near that much money to give lmao but that person was able to go to uwc ac and loved it)

I think around 350-450 people applied when i did and then they narrowed down the interviews to around 80-100 people and selected between 30-35 students (10-15 of which would’ve stayed at atlantic college in wales)

I hope this helped!!

Latest

Trending

Trending