Visit website

How long does it take for University of Glasgow to reply to scholarship

How long does it take for University of Glasgow to reply to scholarship
Provide more context
Which course, scholarship…?
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Well, is it for graduate students? I got that Glasgow International Leadership Scholarship last week.
Original post by Anonymous
Well, is it for graduate students? I got that Glasgow International Leadership Scholarship last week.

Cool
I hope you don’t mind me asking…
What course?
When did you apply?
Original post by thatSoftwareGuy
Cool
I hope you don’t mind me asking…
What course?
When did you apply?

No problem! Well, the course I applied for was the MSc in Medical Genetics & Genomics. I sent my application in December and got my offer near January. In their website, they say you'll hear back from them regarding this Scholarship 6 weeks after offer. I heard back in 12.
No problem! Well, the course I applied for was the MSc in Medical Genetics & Genomics. I sent my application in December and got my offer near January. In their website, they say you'll hear back from them regarding this Scholarship 6 weeks after offer. I heard back in 12.

Thanks for the info.
12 weeks is way too long. I applied in January and got in last week.

One more thing: any idea if UoG combines scholarships (I.e if you win 2 or more scholarships)?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by thatSoftwareGuy
Thanks for the info.
12 weeks is way too long. I applied in January and got in last week.

One more thing: any idea if UoG combines scholarships (I.e if you win 2 or more scholarships)?

You can get in touch with the Scholarships Office to check if you can be/are being considered for funding. I did this and that's how I found out. As far as I know, UoG doesn't allow scholarship stacking. Even if you manage to secure an external one, I heard you cannot combine with the internal ones.
Reply 7
I got one sometime back, but the waiting time was different for me.
Reply 8
Hey guys, I applied for a scholarship from Uni of Glasgow to fund my studies. Also, whether I can study or not depends on this scholarship. On the other hand, I have to pay for the deposit and accept my offer. If I don't get it, what happens after I accept my offer? What should I do?
Reply 9
Original post by ikardiikus
Hey guys, I applied for a scholarship from Uni of Glasgow to fund my studies. Also, whether I can study or not depends on this scholarship. On the other hand, I have to pay for the deposit and accept my offer. If I don't get it, what happens after I accept my offer? What should I do?

https://www.gla.ac.uk/postgraduate/feesandfunding/deposits/#termsandconditionsofthedeposit

"Deposits WILL NOT be refunded to applicants under the following circumstances:
Applicant has not secured funding to attend the University of Glasgow: this may be as a result of not being successful in applications for scholarships, OR simply not having sufficient funds in bank at time of visa application. This condition will apply unless it can be proven that there are clear mitigating circumstances which have significantly changed the applicant’s position since the time of application."

I guess you can't be refunded if you choose to pay the deposit fee. They waived mine because I applied to an external one, by the way. I was asked to send a proof of application, though.
Reply 10
https://www.gla.ac.uk/postgraduate/feesandfunding/deposits/#termsandconditionsofthedeposit

"Deposits WILL NOT be refunded to applicants under the following circumstances:
Applicant has not secured funding to attend the University of Glasgow: this may be as a result of not being successful in applications for scholarships, OR simply not having sufficient funds in bank at time of visa application. This condition will apply unless it can be proven that there are clear mitigating circumstances which have significantly changed the applicant’s position since the time of application."

I guess you can't be refunded if you choose to pay the deposit fee. They waived mine because I applied to an external one, by the way. I was asked to send a proof of application, though.

Well, after I pay this fee and accept an offer, will there be any problem in case of not getting a scholarship? I'm asking from a legal point of it, because I have no choice except this scholarship.
Reply 11
Will receiving a conditional offer affect my scholarship response?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending