The Student Room Group

Is it possible to repair the damage on this calculator

I have the casio fx cg50

It dropped and has the type of dams he when you press the screen to hard and some water damage it works completely fine but wondering it could be repaired 2E7700D6-7471-4116-A7D9-6DF9F1732E35.jpg.jpeg
yeah if you tried to repair that, it would cost you more than buying a new one
Yes, shouldn't be too difficult if you know what you're doing. Water damage is permanent though, I imagine the motherboard will be corroded after many years.
I’d say it would be better and easier to just buy a new one. After all, it’s only a calculator.
Reply 4
Original post by zuluwarrior7650
Yes, shouldn't be too difficult if you know what you're doing. Water damage is permanent though, I imagine the motherboard will be corroded after many years.

I’ve only had it for 2 years 😀
Reply 5
Original post by Windandrain
I’d say it would be better and easier to just buy a new one. After all, it’s only a calculator.

Yeah I should just buy a new one I thought repair would 20-25 so it would be cheaper but I’ll just buy a new one I guess
I've never seen spare parts sold for a calculator.

Only possible way of doing a repair would be to buy another failed unit and swap out the screen. That option is most likely not even possible if the screen is hard soldered onto the circuit board. This is done to keep production and parts costs down.

Repair costs would be more than buying a new one.
You recently dropped it in water? Could be worth removing the batteries and trying to dry it out, if the case can be opened by unscrewing it'd probably dry out faster.
Original post by rehena12
I have the casio fx cg50

It dropped and has the type of dams he when you press the screen to hard and some water damage it works completely fine but wondering it could be repaired 2E7700D6-7471-4116-A7D9-6DF9F1732E35.jpg.jpeg

It will cost double the price of a new one
Reply 9
Does anyone know what to do if the buttons are unclickable due to it being wet, i have the same calculator casio fx-cg50? Thanks
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending