The Student Room Group

Friends

How many friends from secondary school stay? In comparison to later areas in life, will there be any other major opportunities to make friends?
Original post by Anonymous
How many friends from secondary school stay? In comparison to later areas in life, will there be any other major opportunities to make friends?

Depends on if you want/choose to stay in touch with friends from secondary school. I would say, on the whole, people tend to lose touch after school. This is quite natural and many people go through this as everyone is off to do different things like going into work, different colleges/universities, moving away etc. But of course, you can still message each other and try to meet up as often as you can.

I think it usually gets a bit harder in later life to make friends, but that's only because we have less time due to more responsibilities. Because of this, making friends requires more effort compared to making friends at school where you see each other almost everyday (excluding work, of course).

As for having opportunities to make friends, I think it's how you view it. Some people find it easy to make friends wherever they go while others may find it a bit more difficult. New situations (e.g. hobbies, uni, sport, work, clubs, volunteering etc) will create new opportunities to get to know people, and you can build relationships from there.

Having friends and that supportive network is important, but be cautious of who you surround yourself with. Make sure they are people who are supportive and considerate to you, and not people who put you down and take advantage of you. It's better to have a couple of really good friends than it is to have 20 'friends' who don't care about you.
Reply 2
no-one stays. they all leave. (im in secondary):P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending