The Student Room Group

Predicted grades if you're about to do a resit

I was wondering if I go thought the medical application cycle with my grades (BBC). Im resiting Chem, Bio and maths. Do I use these grade to apply- cause no way they'll accept them, or do I sit a sort of mock exam to get predicted grades for the cycle?
Original post by cooljere1
I was wondering if I go thought the medical application cycle with my grades (BBC). Im resiting Chem, Bio and maths. Do I use these grade to apply- cause no way they'll accept them, or do I sit a sort of mock exam to get predicted grades for the cycle?

When you fill in your UCAS form, you enter any grades you already have and then you also enter predicted grades for future exams, if you’re able to source them (technically, you can submit the form without predicted grades). How are you planning on resitting? At your school or as a private candidate (either using school as exam centre or at a private one)? You’ll also need to consider where/how you can re-do the practical endorsement. When considering the above, you’ll need to enquire about process of getting predicted grades. Good luck!
Original post by cooljere1

You need to enter the grades you've achieved, and you'll enter the subjects you're resitting with the grade as 'pending'. This will alert the reviewer to the fact you're resitting. That should also be explained in your reference. You don't need to enter predicted grades.
Reply 3
Original post by charlotte's web
you need to enter the grades you've achieved, and you'll enter the subjects you're resitting with the grade as 'pending'. This will alert the reviewer to the fact you're resitting. That should also be explained in your reference. You don't need to enter predicted grades.

you're a godsend
Reply 4
Original post by BlueChicken
When you fill in your UCAS form, you enter any grades you already have and then you also enter predicted grades for future exams, if you’re able to source them (technically, you can submit the form without predicted grades). How are you planning on resitting? At your school or as a private candidate (either using school as exam centre or at a private one)? You’ll also need to consider where/how you can re-do the practical endorsement. When considering the above, you’ll need to enquire about process of getting predicted grades. Good luck!

As a private candidate
Reply 5
Original post by Charlotte's Web
You need to enter the grades you've achieved, and you'll enter the subjects you're resitting with the grade as 'pending'. This will alert the reviewer to the fact you're resitting. That should also be explained in your reference. You don't need to enter predicted grades.

I know this is late but, would u need to enter the grades u already achieved in the predicted grades section ?
Original post by a_nyaz1
I know this is late but, would u need to enter the grades u already achieved in the predicted grades section ?

Yes, you must enter both your original grades and any retakes subjects as pending.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending