The Student Room Group

Applying to UCAS without predicted grades

Do resit students ever get offers from russel group universities without predicted grades? My teacher said he can mention that I am resitting in my reference but he can't predict me my grades and I am just worried the unis will only see my grades from last year and not check the rest of my application. I can't afford the alternative options.
Original post by s3ggsybrainr0ts
Do resit students ever get offers from russel group universities without predicted grades? My teacher said he can mention that I am resitting in my reference but he can't predict me my grades and I am just worried the unis will only see my grades from last year and not check the rest of my application. I can't afford the alternative options.

Hi @s3ggsybrainr0ts

It is possible to apply and get onto a course at a Russel Group university as a resit student, as many of my peers were in the same position.

I know one situation where the applicant was able to negotiate with their referee and therefore was provided with a predicted grade. So it is always worth talking to your referee or tutor.

In other cases, individuals have contacted universities directly through their admissions department and have simply asked how they should go about applying without predicted grades. It is very normal for individuals to resit a year to get into a Russell Group university so they will know exactly how to help you.

Wishing you all the best!

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.
Reply 2
Email each Uni you intend to apply to and ask them - before you apply.

PS. Russell Group is just an invented marketing term - it doesnt mean 'better degree' or that you will automatically enjoy being at that Uni.
Original post by s3ggsybrainr0ts

Yes resit students definitely get offers from Russell Group Universities. It's worth talking to your teacher again to ask about predicting you grades and handing in more work as support for him to do so. Alternatively, it's worth contacting universities you're interested in, telling them your situation and asking them how you can apply without predicted grades and making sure you have a really strong personal statement when submitting your application

Hope this helps!
Z
UG IR & Arabic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending