The Student Room Group

Universities that teach Law in the UK suggestions(?)

I am currently trying to get in a university in the UK to lear llb (Law) but I didn't so as well as I was expecting in my A-Levels.
places that I am currently trying to apply to are:
the University of Lincoln, the University of Hull, the University of Portsmouth, the University of Gloucestshire, and the University of Cardiff.
does anyone know pros and cons of these university for learning Law and any suggestion in general?
Original post by cauffee_bean
I am currently trying to get in a university in the UK to lear llb (Law) but I didn't so as well as I was expecting in my A-Levels.
the University of Lincoln, the University of Hull, the University of Portsmouth, the University of Gloucestshire, and the University of Cardiff.
does anyone know pros and cons of these university for learning Law and any suggestion in general?

Apart from Cardiff, most of those unis are pretty crap. I presume your fee status is 'rest of the world', and so it could be a very, very expensive enterprise to receive a mediocre legal education which isn't going to get you very far.

Can you not improve on your A levels by retaking one (or more) of them, so you can apply to some better universities?

Cardiff is the best of that bunch assuming you get the grades. If not, you should resit.

Hi,

Law at the University of Lincoln had been one of the best choices I have made and as a current 2nd Year LLB Law student here, I am so proud to say that!

The Lincoln Law School provides exceptional help and support in regards to not only your studies, but for your future as well. We have the Mentor Scheme for example, which allows for students to be paired up with a professional lawyer and so we can get guidance and help in regards to going into the field of Law!

Our LLB Law Course tests not only your law, but your advocacy skills (which is a transferable skill), for example with assessed moots and presentation skills!

We also have the wonderful Lincoln Law Society, which I have been part of since first year. This had opened so much doors and networking opportunities for me, such as winning competitions, getting work experience, being on the committee as Mooting Officer and will be on 2023-2024 exec committee as President (which I'm so excited for!). You will meet so many other law students, especially with our informal socials!

Hope this helps and please feel free to ask any questions, I would be more than happy to help!

Best of luck,
Jennifer (2nd Year LLB Law Student) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending