The Student Room Group

Please can you help me

As a mature student burn and bought up in UK. Which university would you advice me to go to any why to do the LLB Law Accelerated 2 year programme full time.?
I am considering the follieing

The University of Law
Bloomsbury Institute
Greenwich University

I have more than enough credits as I conf from a teaching background but I would love to get some idea of what people would advise.
you can try and see their rankings and compare which ones are higher?
Original post by Tonya786
As a mature student burn and bought up in UK. Which university would you advice me to go to any why to do the LLB Law Accelerated 2 year programme full time.?

The University of Law
Bloomsbury Institute
Greenwich University

I have more than enough credits as I conf from a teaching background but I would love to get some idea of what people would advise.

I am currently researching the Accelerated llb in London, ULaw is the top contender for me personally. I had my heart set on Soas Senior Staus llb, unfortunately, the course will not run in 2024.
There seems to be very little feedback or information from students' perspectives regarding Bloomsbury Institute, however, I found a few practising Attorneys in New York who graduated from the llb. It's on my list for now, perhaps attend an open day or try Linkedin and reach out to past students.
The University of Greenwich seems to have horrendous reviews. A classmate of mine (from my undergrad) transferred from Greenwich Uni, and she said the teaching and infrastructure of the administration were chaotic.

Rankings, student satisfaction and graduate prospects need to be examined, your career goals are essential to best determine your decision.

Personally, I want to practice internationally but want quality teaching to ensure I gain the highest mark possible. When I researched Attorney profiles internationally, Ulaw came up frequently. I too am I mature student, therefore I'd rather be in a cohort of mixed ages.
For post graduate (professional exams only like SQE/ LPC/ law conversion year) 80% of UK students and future trainee solicitors us University of Law or BPP, therefore it will come up again again but ONLY for those professional exams as big law firms use those institutions for the post grad exams through which they put their future trainee solicitors. However for undergraduate just about no one who does well uses any of those institutions.

For those wanting to qualify as solicitors in the UK if you have a different degree already even things like in History then you would want to do s law conversion PGDL and SQE courses instead of an LLB and ideally would find a law firm to sponsor you and pay for those courses. So do work out your aims first rather than thinking an LLB is the right choice if you have a different degree already. In addition a few people will not need even the PGDL/law conversion because of how they plan to qualify and will just need SQE an their 2 years working in a law firm etc / training contract.

The University of Law
Bloomsbury Institute
Greenwich University

Hi @Tonya786!

I am sure any of the options you are looking at will give you a great experience and I would recommend seeing if you can go to any open days or do any taster workshops with them as this will give you the best insight if it is the institution for you! I have been studying at the university of Law now for 2 years having done my MA Law (conversion) last year and now studying my BPC. I have found throughout my studies that ULaw have been really supportive both in my learning and in my welfare. There is an incredibly kind and knowledgeable set of staff that make sure you are keeping up with the learning material but also that you are enjoying your time at the university. I also have found there to be lots of great opportunities for strengthening my CV outside of the traditional academic degree. For example, there is a really good employment team who offer lots of Pro-bono opportunities to get involved with or there are societies such as Mooting which allow you to get involved both with this advocacy both internally and externally. Finally, I have really enjoyed the fact that ULaw has so many campuses across the UK as it has allowed me to access libraries when I have been in London visiting friends despite being based in Bristol and also keeps the option of relocating and changing my campus open.

I hope this helps and good luck :smile:

Sophie
The University of Law
Bloomsbury Institute
Greenwich University

did you apply?
why not queen mary?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending