The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Timetable help please derby uni

I have just logged into my Derby uni account for the first time and had a look at my timetable, and I am so confused. There are multiple lectures for the same modules and it's telling me I'm in five days a week. That doesn't sound right to me? The whole thing is just confusing so I'm really hoping we will be given some guidance and support on how all this works. I have childcare to arrange before I start and that timetable does not help at all. It also states I start on the 20th September which also seems incorrect as that is quite early. If anyone has any advice or info regarding this that would be great.
Thank you!
Original post by LMK2020
I have just logged into my Derby uni account for the first time and had a look at my timetable, and I am so confused. There are multiple lectures for the same modules and it's telling me I'm in five days a week. That doesn't sound right to me? The whole thing is just confusing so I'm really hoping we will be given some guidance and support on how all this works. I have childcare to arrange before I start and that timetable does not help at all. It also states I start on the 20th September which also seems incorrect as that is quite early. If anyone has any advice or info regarding this that would be great.
Thank you!

from what i can see this doesn't seem too abnormal - 20th september start is earlier than some but still sounds feasible, and multiple courses have lectures every day and more than one lecture per module per week (especially stem subjects and other especially content/information-heavy courses from what i have observed). the overall message i've had from my uni (i'm going into my second year for context) is that doing a fulltime course is like doing a fulltime job, so therefore the idea of being in five days a week makes sense when looking at it like that.
if you're concerned i recommend getting into contact with someone at the uni to clarify - i'm not familiar with the uni of derby but i imagine the university website might have contact information for you to use? also if derby uni has a forum on here, that may be an easier place to start with. hope this helps, best of luck with everything x
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Original post by LMK2020
Thank you!

Hello! Are you doing adult nursing?
Reply 3
Original post by Merrrrdi
Hello! Are you doing adult nursing?

Hi. No, Im doing Social Work.
Is your enrolment confirmed already ?
Hi @LMK2020,

We're very excited for you to join us! Could you just confirm the course that you are going to study? Is it BA (Hons) Applied Social Work?

Thanks,
Kayleigh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending