The Student Room Group

Official: Brighton and Sussex (BSMS) A100 2023 Entry Applicants and Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Skye_04
Will we hear about interviews after BMAT scores are released? This wait is not fun :frown:

Last year it was mid December i believe. BMAT scores get released in a week so scary times
Original post by daryl11
Last year it was mid December i believe. BMAT scores get released in a week so scary times

Thank you, I’m terrified and after section 2 doubt I’ll get an interview :frown:
Original post by Skye_04
Thank you, I’m terrified and after section 2 doubt I’ll get an interview :frown:

I'm the exact same as you. We just have to stay positive. Hopefully the grade boundaries go down but you never know
Good luck guys for the BMAT results. Hopefully we all do well. BSMS is one of my top choices so hopefully it works out :smile:
Original post by daryl11
Good luck guys for the BMAT results. Hopefully we all do well. BSMS is one of my top choices so hopefully it works out :smile:

Good luck to you too! Same, it would be a dream come true to recieve an invite :K:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Jessi2004
Good luck to you too! Same, it would be a dream come true to recieve an invite :K:

Original post by daryl11

Absolutely! Same here!!! Good luck to everyone!!! 🤞🤞🤞
Reply 66
God knows what the cut off will be this years as they will double sec 2. I am scared now as on bmat thread many ppl got 6+
My daughter got 6.2, 3.6 and 4B. Would she get an interview invite?
Original post by MedicDad01
My daughter got 6.2, 3.6 and 4B. Would she get an interview invite?

I think she would have got an interview last year (cut off for home non contextual last year was 17.3), but we don’t know the cutoff for this year yet
So I got 4.5 in S2, 5.2 in S1 and 3.5A. This means I would have had 22.6/37 for this year and last year it would be 18.2 (cut off was 17.3). Do we have an idea by how much cut offs will increase ? I’m really overthinking now because my BMAT results are pretty average ://
Original post by 4589
God knows what the cut off will be this years as they will double sec 2. I am scared now as on bmat thread many ppl got 6+

Remember TSR isn't representative of the whole cohort. People with lower scores tend not to say theirs. Don't worry too much about it. You've got this! :smile:
Reply 71
Hey how do you worl out your score??
Original post by Vanqueef
So I got 4.5 in S2, 5.2 in S1 and 3.5A. This means I would have had 22.6/37 for this year and last year it would be 18.2 (cut off was 17.3). Do we have an idea by how much cut offs will increase ? I’m really overthinking now because my BMAT results are pretty average ://

I have a similar score (4.4, 5.5, 3A) but I fear the cut off this year will be higher than 17.3 if they double section 2… we have to be patient and see as we don’t know the scores of the other applicants and how many they will interview though I am not very optimistic at the moment…
Original post by giulia123456
I think she would have got an interview last year (cut off for home non contextual last year was 17.3), but we don’t know the cutoff for this year yet

Thanks. I hope she gets an invite.
I have a similar score (4.4, 5.5, 3A) but I fear the cut off this year will be higher than 17.3 if they double section 2… we have to be patient and see as we don’t know the scores of the other applicants and how many they will interview though I am not very optimistic at the moment…

Yeah, it's almost certain the cut off will be greater than 17.3. They didn't double s2 scores last year- this year they are so it's really hard to tell and so annoying too :frown:

But, the average seems to have gone down so not impossible I guess :redface:

We'll find out soon enough- invites were sent around 14th dec last year (iirc) so not long left now.
I’m guessing the cut off could be like 22-23 range which is fair I think. I have 23.4 so hopefully I should be fine
Original post by daryl11
I’m guessing the cut off could be like 22-23 range which is fair I think. I have 23.4 so hopefully I should be fine

I also have exactly 23.4 so I really hope you are right about the cut off!
i fear it might be around 25, but many found section 2 the hardest this year and we don’t know how many applicants they have and how many they interview so another agonising waiting time…
Do you think if I were to call them up, they would reveal the number of applications they've received this year?
(edited 1 year ago)
I also have exactly 23.4 so I really hope you are right about the cut off!
i fear it might be around 25, but many found section 2 the hardest this year and we don’t know how many applicants they have and how many they interview so another agonising waiting time…

25 seems too high to me 😭
How did you guys find the BMAT this year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending