The Student Room Group

Official: Brighton and Sussex (BSMS) A100 2023 Entry Applicants and Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Thank you for the info regarding the wait list. Are you able to confirm that as each candidate firms their offer and therefore drops out of BSMS, that place would be offered at that point or would all the wait list offers be made together in May after the deadline day? Thank you
Original post by Twinmum04
Thank you for the info regarding the wait list. Are you able to confirm that as each candidate firms their offer and therefore drops out of BSMS, that place would be offered at that point or would all the wait list offers be made together in May after the deadline day? Thank you

This essentially means we will postpone any final decision on your application in case we need to make further offers before the UCAS deadline for institutions to make decisions which is 18 May 2023. This will only be known once most of our offer holders have responded and advised whether they wish to study here or not. The more that select BSMS as their first choice, the less likely BSMS will need to make further offers. If BSMS receives a drop in offer-holders selecting us as their first choice the more likely we will have to make further offers.

hope this helps
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by erenyaegar
I just sent above what they said to me and the reserved list is ranked among me n 49 other people. my bmat overall was 18.3, my predicted grades were triple A* and GCSE i got 10 9s n 1 7. so i think if it was bmat alone id be in the mud but with the other stats itd help me a lot but idk. what do u think

I am also in the reserve list and scored 67. Admissions told me that with a score of 67 I am in the top third of the reserve list, so there is a maximum of 16 other applicants including me and yourself with 67 I think. With regard to ranking I think they will only do that for us with 67 if they are going to make less than 16 offers from reserve list, but even then I doubt BMAT score will be used as BSMS still have that Excellent/Good/Unsatisfactory score with every station, so I presume they would just give offers to those that have the higher ranking out of those across the 5 stations. That would filter out the candidates enough I think. Also I think GCSEs will not be used because for the admission entry requirements BSMS only looks at GCSE English.
Original post by medicmuncher
I am also in the reserve list and scored 67. Admissions told me that with a score of 67 I am in the top third of the reserve list, so there is a maximum of 16 other applicants including me and yourself with 67 I think. With regard to ranking I think they will only do that for us with 67 if they are going to make less than 16 offers from reserve list, but even then I doubt BMAT score will be used as BSMS still have that Excellent/Good/Unsatisfactory score with every station, so I presume they would just give offers to those that have the higher ranking out of those across the 5 stations. That would filter out the candidates enough I think. Also I think GCSEs will not be used because for the admission entry requirements BSMS only looks at GCSE English.

I suppose that would make sense but that'd be so annoying because some stations i did super well, others i did so dead in like the interviewers lit had to answer some of the stuff for me haha. but what did u get in ur bmat anyways

regardless i think were calm tho bc surely at least 20-30ish people wont pick bsms for their firm choice or just won't even pick it so i think we will be calm. ive got 0 offers and yet to hear back from manchester so i need this clutch
(edited 1 year ago)
Anyone know when the accommodation, DBS check and stuff is going to come out?
I’ve had the accommodation email already, maybe you missed it in your inbox or junk mail? The DBS won’t be for a while yet as I believe they send that out alongside occupational health once places are confirmed - it doesn’t appear to make a difference whether offer conditions have already been met or not.
Original post by CriticalMuppet
I’ve had the accommodation email already, maybe you missed it in your inbox or junk mail? The DBS won’t be for a while yet as I believe they send that out alongside occupational health once places are confirmed - it doesn’t appear to make a difference whether offer conditions have already been met or not.

AH, I see-- unfortunately I dont seem to have the accommodation email at all but on UCAS it says they have not started sorting out the accommodation
as yet so I reckon they will wait till later.
Ah, perhaps they’re also sending out accommodation offers in batches. Not to worry though as they’ve said it’s not on a first come, first served basis - everyone who applies in time and firms BSMS is guaranteed accommodation, which I think is allocated according to an algorithm based on people’s preferences :smile:
Morning all,
Anyone been lucky enough to get an offer from the reserve list yet?
Reply 809
Moderation reminder:

For your own safety and that of others, please do not post or request links to off site chat groups.

Please keep all posts within our Community Guidelines

If you have any questions please come along to the Ask the Community staff forum and we would be happy to help 😊

Thanks,
Wilykit
Reply 810
Has anyone been allocated their accommodation yet?
Reply 811
I have an interview at BSMS on 19th Jan. Would be very grateful for any tips.
Original post by SuniSin
I have an interview at BSMS on 19th Jan. Would be very grateful for any tips.

This is the 2023 thread. Applicants won't be able to help you with BSMS specicfic interview advice because of the NDR.

Have a look at the medicine interview thread in the medicine forum for some excellent general interview advice.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7390614

Good luck
(edited 3 months ago)
Hello first year med students! Was wondering if anyone could tell me what the stethoscope recommendation is for BSMS undergrad students? Thank you
Original post by MarciaB69
Hello first year med students! Was wondering if anyone could tell me what the stethoscope recommendation is for BSMS undergrad students? Thank you

wait til freshers for a discount code - Littman Classic iii is most common
Hi, what accommodations are available for BSMS medical students for Sep.2024 entry ? Is this first come first serve basis, how the requested accommodations are allocated ?
(edited 3 days ago)
Original post by Cleverclock
Hi, what accommodations are available for BSMS medical students for Sep.2024 entry ? Is this first come first serve basis, how the requested accommodations are allocated ?

Hi @Cleverclock

BSMS accommodation is managed by the University of Brighton Accommodation team. Eligible BSMS students studying for the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery will be made an offer of a room in university managed accommodation. Students can choose either University of Brighton accommodation at Paddock Field or University of Sussex accommodation. Both options are within walking distance of the Medical School and contract lengths match the BSMS term.

You can view Paddock Field on the Brighton University accommodation webpage.

Please feel free to contact the accommodation team directly for any questions on: [email protected] / +44 (0)1273 644100

I hope this is helpful!

Danielle - Brighton Uni Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending