The Student Room Group

Official: Brighton and Sussex (BSMS) A100 2023 Entry Applicants and Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by giulia123456
I also have exactly 23.4 so I really hope you are right about the cut off!
i fear it might be around 25, but many found section 2 the hardest this year and we don’t know how many applicants they have and how many they interview so another agonising waiting time…

In theory it should be 22.8 if last year it was 17.3 out of 28, but we shall see
In theory it should be 22.8 if last year it was 17.3 out of 28, but we shall see

Yeah, that could definitely work. But as s2 was harder, it may be slightly lower?💁*♀️
Original post by Jessi2004
Do you think if I were to call them up, they would reveal the number of applications they've received this year?

Someone earlier in this chat said they were told
they have about 2000, probably a little more like similar to last year (2300) I would imagine
Someone earlier in this chat said they were told
they have about 2000, probably a little more like similar to last year (2300) I would imagine

Ah okie, hopefully applicant numbers have gone down 🙏
Ah okie, hopefully applicant numbers have gone down 🙏

I also hope so, but I can’t really imagine why less people would apply to Brighton…
I also hope so, but I can’t really imagine why less people would apply to Brighton…

Apparently people were put off by the 6 in s2 thinking they actually needed a 6 (as in not doubling). I know a few people who were put off by that so we never know
Apparently people were put off by the 6 in s2 thinking they actually needed a 6 (as in not doubling). I know a few people who were put off by that so we never know

So you double your s2 score and then it must be above 6. How is the s3 score calculated
Original post by master.shake
So you double your s2 score and then it must be above 6. How is the s3 score calculated

Number + Letter ( so 3A gets you 3 + 5 points = 8)
Original post by master.shake

Yep, that's right. For s3, its your s3 score plus the score for the letter grade. A= 5 points,
B= 4, C=3, D=2, E=1
Reply 89
Yep, that's right. For s3, its your s3 score plus the score for the letter grade. A= 5 points,
B= 4, C=3, D=2, E=1

What about section 1?
Original post by fkha
What about section 1?

For s1, it's just your bmat score. You don't need to do anything to it. :smile:

Oh it makes sense! Even if just a couple of hundreds less applied because of the confusion on the scoring of section 2 it would be good news! 🤞
Oh it makes sense! Even if just a couple of hundreds less applied because of the confusion on the scoring of section 2 it would be good news! 🤞

Yep- I know it doesn't sound very nice but the reality is we're competing with other applicants so the less people who apply, the better for us I guess :redface:
Yeah, it's almost certain the cut off will be greater than 17.3. They didn't double s2 scores last year- this year they are so it's really hard to tell and so annoying too :frown:

But, the average seems to have gone down so not impossible I guess :redface:

We'll find out soon enough- invites were sent around 14th dec last year (iirc) so not long left now.

I’m literally going mad thinking about it since BSMS was my only BMAT uni. I do have one other interview from ARU and am waiting to here back from my other two ucat unis (it’s still early days so I’m not too worried but it’s in the back of my mind). I know if I applied last year with this score I would’ve met the cut off so I hope it’s the same this year. This doubling of section 2 is throwing me off but my score doubled is 9 so idk.
Original post by Vanqueef
I’m literally going mad thinking about it since BSMS was my only BMAT uni. I do have one other interview from ARU and am waiting to here back from my other two ucat unis (it’s still early days so I’m not too worried but it’s in the back of my mind). I know if I applied last year with this score I would’ve met the cut off so I hope it’s the same this year. This doubling of section 2 is throwing me off but my score doubled is 9 so idk.

Honestly same, it keeps coming back to me from time to time throughout the day. All we can do now is wait patiently and let the uni do the work (hopefully they come back with an outcome that is favourable for us). Wishing you the very best of luck!:smile:

Also, congrats on the interview at ARU!! 🥳
(edited 1 year ago)
How’s 26.6 for international
Original post by cookie3451
How’s 26.6 for international

That's really good! Can't say anything about the cut off, but if you don't get invited with that score, what has this world become. Don't worry, you'll be fine! :h:
Hi there I only got 5.4, 4.5 in s2 and 3A. But I meet their contextual data. Do you think I still stand a chance? It's really frustrating becuase last year I would have met their cut off.
I think you stand a chance with 22.4 contextual, assuming the cut off for non contextual is 22.8, but the problem is that we don’t really know number of applicants/results/number of interviews… so basically we don’t really know the cut off!
Original post by Eluke173
Hi there I only got 5.4, 4.5 in s2 and 3A. But I meet their contextual data. Do you think I still stand a chance? It's really frustrating becuase last year I would have met their cut i o
I think you stand a chance with 22.4 contextual, assuming the cut off for non contextual is 22.8, but the problem is that we don’t really know number of applicants/results/number of interviews… so basically we don’t really know the cut off!

If cut off last year was 17.3, then you would need like an average of 4.7,4.7 and 3 A to get an interview. Since S2 is doubled this year wouldn't that mean the estimated cut off would be 4.7 +4.7 +4.7 + 3 +5 = 22.1 roughly? However, I do think the cut off will be higher that this but hopefully our 23.4 is safe enough for interview

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending