The Student Room Group

Moving from Scottish Uni to English Uni

Hi,

So I'm moving from QMU to Bucks New University and I was in my 2nd year at QMU, now I'm in 2nd year at BNU. I have been awarded finance from SAAS. I got the full tuition fees of 9,250 and a bursary of 2,000 as well as a maximum loan of 6,100.

With accommodation and travel etc, I come in at £120 or close to that a month. My accommodation is £2,268.00 a month. I am going to apply for hardship through the university scholarship award, but I'm not sure if there's anything SaaS can do to help.

My mother is divorced and I am estranged from my father's side of the family and have a NMO on him, so his finances do not impact the income. My mother is also on the lowest Universal Credit a month and gets £120 a fortnite. I do not have a job, but I am seeking employment in the area and have already had setbacks.

Is it worth contacting SaaS? As they said I have already reached the maximum loan amount for this year and my bursary is more than it was when I studied at QMU.
Could you ask to move to cheaper accommodation? Over £550pw is very expensive.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Could you ask to move to cheaper accommodation? Over £550pw is very expensive.

Unfortunately due to the accommodation circumstances there I cannot, and a lot of the allocation have been made already since clearing has happened. I have an interview next week for a job. Hopefully this will help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending