Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Official Newcastle University 2023 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jammmyjam
got an offer for english lit! planning to be my insurance

Congrats! Out of curiosity, when did you send your application just wondering how busy they are currently.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by Hasbo2005
Congrats! Out of curiosity, when did you send your application just wondering how busy they are currently.

thank you! i sent my application on the 23rd nov and received an offer the next day
applied for medicine A100, still waiting on an interview... got all my other uni interviews just waiting on Newcastle now 😭
Hi everybody!

My name is Cristobal, from Chile.

The thing is I got married and I will apply to start a MBA next year, and so far, after crossing all the variables (tuition fee, cost of living, life quality, accreditations, etc.), the result is Newcastle University (£27k), for which I would like to ask you if you can share with me your thoughts about the MBA and the University.

My goal is not to find a job in UK, but to have the best experience possible, balancing the MBA and live one year abroad (with all that means for a young married couple). I love UK, been there many times, so thats why I'm focusing only to study there and not Spain, France or Netherlands.

Considering the above, I have the doubt whether to keep my decision with Newcastle, or if it is worth the additional financial effort and apply to any of the following MBA with higher tuition fee: Nottingham (£28k), Liverpool (£31k), Birmingham (£32k), or any other with tuition fees between £25k-£32k.

I hope you can give me a hand on this, I would be very greatful!

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Cristóbal
Got another offer to study Medicinal Chemistry at Newcastle!
Original post by totocorrea
Hi everybody!

My name is Cristobal, from Chile.

The thing is I got married and I will apply to start a MBA next year, and so far, after crossing all the variables (tuition fee, cost of living, life quality, accreditations, etc.), the result is Newcastle University (£27k), for which I would like to ask you if you can share with me your thoughts about the MBA and the University.

My goal is not to find a job in UK, but to have the best experience possible, balancing the MBA and live one year abroad (with all that means for a young married couple). I love UK, been there many times, so thats why I'm focusing only to study there and not Spain, France or Netherlands.

Considering the above, I have the doubt whether to keep my decision with Newcastle, or if it is worth the additional financial effort and apply to any of the following MBA with higher tuition fee: Nottingham (£28k), Liverpool (£31k), Birmingham (£32k), or any other with tuition fees between £25k-£32k.

I hope you can give me a hand on this, I would be very greatful!

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Cristóbal

Hi Cristobal

Thanks for your post

Specific Postgraduate funding guidance can be found on our Fees and Funding webpages. You will also find information about the Postgraduate Funding available to eligible students.

If you would like to see more of the campus, city and our accommodation, you may like to view our Virtual Tours. We also have put together a Virtual Campus Tour which guides you through our main campus and explores its beautiful blend of old and modern architecture and state of the art facilities.

To find out what the course is like from a current student’s perspective, you are welcome to chat with one of our students. On this link you will also find blogs from current students on everything from applying to university to Newcastle’s exciting social scene. You may also be interested in viewing further guidance about Student Life.

You can also contact our International Recruitment Operations Team for more information about the course you are interested in as well as any support and guidance that they can offer you. You can contact them by calling 0191 208 3333 and pressing option 1, using the Live Chat on our website, and by emailing [email protected].

I know there is a lot to think about when trying to pick the right university for you so I hope some of this information helps.

If you have any more questions, please do get in touch with us

Elliott
Hi- applied for Maths on 14-Nov. It’s my last school pending a response. I’m so anxious!! Thanks to the reps for posting the school’s goal to respond within 3-4 weeks!!
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Newcastle University for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Applied for a History degree as well as a dual in History and English literature! Currently studying those two subjects as well as Philosophy of Religion and an EPQ
Original post by blord59
Got an offer for History last week!! BBB
Currently studying history, ancient history and french predicted A*A*A

Was that based on any other factors like postcode or finance etc? It's just those are my current target grades and the standard offer is higher than that. speaking as someone who's also applied for history
Original post by AlexP17
Was that based on any other factors like postcode or finance etc? It's just those are my current target grades and the standard offer is higher than that. speaking as someone who's also applied for history

Did you put a P in further details? or apply for PARTNERS? Because if you did then that may be why you got that offer.
Original post by AlexP17

They said it was a contextual offer so I am pretty sure, though I didn’t apply through partners, my highschool was also ranked quite low so I think that is why :smile:
Hi, just received my offer from NewCastle for Maths!!! All my offers are in and now I can evaluate them and pick my top 2!
Hi

I have noticed that a couple of people have been talking about different types of offers that they have received. I thought it may be best to give you a quick overview of Contextual and PARTNERS offers.

Our Undergraduate Admissions Team will use certain data from UCAS applications to take into account challenges that applicants may have faced in their education and the potential effect this may have had on their qualifications. If eligible, applicants will automatically receive a two grade lower offer. We look for applicants to have met one of the following three indicators to receive a contextual offer:

Home postcode
Care experience students
Entitlement to free school meals

Our PARTNERS programme aims to support applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to have a successful and enjoyable journey through the application process. Eligible applicants to the PARTNERS programme will receive a conditional offer of three grades lower than the typical entry requirements. This offer is conditional on applicants placing Newcastle University as their firm choice and successfully completing the PARTNERS Academic Summer School. To check whether you are eligible for the PARTNERS programme, please follow this link. For more information on how to apply, please visit this website.

Hope this helps

Elliott
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi

I have noticed that a couple of people have been talking about different types of offers that they have received. I thought it may be best to give you a quick overview of Contextual and PARTNERS offers.

Our Undergraduate Admissions Team will use certain data from UCAS applications to take into account challenges that applicants may have faced in their education and the potential effect this may have had on their qualifications. If eligible, applicants will automatically receive a two grade lower offer. We look for applicants to have met one of the following three indicators to receive a contextual offer:

Home postcode
Care experience students
Entitlement to free school meals

Our PARTNERS programme aims to support applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to have a successful and enjoyable journey through the application process. Eligible applicants to the PARTNERS programme will receive a conditional offer of three grades lower than the typical entry requirements. This offer is conditional on applicants placing Newcastle University as their firm choice and successfully completing the PARTNERS Academic Summer School. To check whether you are eligible for the PARTNERS programme, please follow this link. For more information on how to apply, please visit this website.

Hope this helps

Elliott

Just a hypothetical question, say someone received a PARTNERS offer, made Newcastle their firm choice but missed the requirement narrowly, would they still be accepted?
when did u apply and when did u get an offer? `also where else have u applied?
Original post by BB-int2023
Hi, just received my offer from NewCastle for Maths!!! All my offers are in and now I can evaluate them and pick my top 2!
Original post by benmarsh190405
when did u apply and when did u get an offer? `also where else have u applied?

Hi- I applied on 14-Nov and received the offer on Monday so exactly 3 weeks as it was suggested here. All my offers came in already.
Original post by JA03
Just a hypothetical question, say someone received a PARTNERS offer, made Newcastle their firm choice but missed the requirement narrowly, would they still be accepted?

Hi @JA03

If, when an applicant's results are released, they do not quite meet their offer conditions, we will consider them as a ‘near-miss’ applicant. In this scenario, all applicants who met their offer conditions would receive their place. For any places we have left over, we will reconsider all ‘near-miss’ applicants and look to place the most promising applicants.

Please note, there's no guarantee we can offer a place to an applicant that has missed their offer conditions.

Hope this helps

Elliott
(edited 1 year ago)
Hello! Received an offer to study Biomedical Sciences this week :smile:
Original post by blue_dalmatian
Hello! Received an offer to study Biomedical Sciences this week :smile:

Congrats! It will be 2 weeks of waiting on Tuesday, I'm waiting so patiently and I'm not a patient person haha.
Original post by Hasbo2005
Congrats! It will be 2 weeks of waiting on Tuesday, I'm waiting so patiently and I'm not a patient person haha.

Thank you!! I wouldn’t worry, they seem to be relatively on the ball, so it should come soon - I’ve applied for Durham, and they’re notorious for keeping people waiting :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending