Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Official Newcastle University 2023 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blue_dalmatian
Hello! Received an offer to study Biomedical Sciences this week :smile:

Hi i got am offer for pharmacology!! Are you going to the offer holder event??
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by miacatherine_x

Likely will be, I got the email about it this morning! Just need to decide which date :smile:
Original post by blue_dalmatian
Likely will be, I got the email about it this morning! Just need to decide which date :smile:

Original post by miacatherine_x

I got invited too for biomedical science! Maybe we'll all see each other there. I'm going in either the February one or the March one on Saturday!
Original post by JA03
I got invited too for biomedical science! Maybe we'll all see each other there. I'm going in either the February one or the March one on Saturday!

Congrats :smile: im still stuck on which date to chose 😭
Congrats guys! I applied 3 weeks ago and I'm wondering what's happening with my application haha. I applied for accounting and finance, I wonder if the course team is busy?
Original post by Hasbo2005
Congrats guys! I applied 3 weeks ago and I'm wondering what's happening with my application haha. I applied for accounting and finance, I wonder if the course team is busy?

They take up to 20 working days to reply to your application, give them another week and if they do not reply then give a quick call to admissions.
Original post by Hasbo2005

Hi @Hasbo2005

We do try to process applications as quickly as we can. There is no normal timescale that we respond within because each application is considered individually. However, all applicants who apply before or on the 25th January 2023 will receive a decision by the 18th May 2023.

Please note that due to the Christmas break which starts on Friday 23rd December and ends on Wednesday 4th January, decisions on applications may take a little longer.

Hope this helps

Elliott
Reply 67
Original post by ItsPalex
Hi!

I applied for Computer Science on November 15th, although haven’t heard anything yet! (Anyone know if they’re generally fast at making offers?)

I’m currently studying Business, History, Maths and Computer Science.

Just got an offer yesterday for BBB but it may be lower due to contextual. Good luck!
Hi ,

I am an international student from Saudi, I applied for MSc in Cyber security before 4 weeks . waiting to hear decision to start arranging everything with my current work and sponsor
Have you heard back yet? Currently waiting to hear back but only submitted application on Thursday
Has anyone had an offer for Bio med yet? What sort of time frame can we expect a decision? Applied late last week.
Thanks
Hi my daughter has an offer to study Japanese but she has no email about offer holder days. Could you confirm when these are please? thx

Original post by Newcastle University
Hi @Hasbo2005

We do try to process applications as quickly as we can. There is no normal timescale that we respond within because each application is considered individually. However, all applicants who apply before or on the 25th January 2023 will receive a decision by the 18th May 2023.

Please note that due to the Christmas break which starts on Friday 23rd December and ends on Wednesday 4th January, decisions on applications may take a little longer.

Hope this helps

Elliott
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Unimum18
Has anyone had an offer for Bio med yet? What sort of time frame can we expect a decision? Applied late last week.
Thanks

I applied! I got an offer about 3 weeks later so I wouldn't worry.
Original post by Julievedawood
Hi my daughter has an offer to study Japanese but she has no email about offer holder days. Could you confirm when these are please? thx

The offer holder days are around Feb-April time from what I've heard so she may get an e-mail soon confirming that she's been invited to offer holder days.
Reply 74
hi, anyone whos applied for architecture, how long did it take ncl to get back to you asking for a portfolio? my application has been in for 2 weeks now, im starting to get rly worried
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Julievedawood

Hi @Julievedawood

Offer Holders will be invited to attend Offer Holder Days, which are taking place during February, March and April, by the Academic School for which they hold an offer for. These invites will be sent out in the near future.

If your daughter would like to check with our School of Modern Languages for when Offer Holder Days will be held, she can contact them by emailing [email protected].

Hope this helps

Elliott
Hi @Julievedawood

Offer Holders will be invited to attend Offer Holder Days, which are taking place during February, March and April, by the Academic School for which they hold an offer for. These invites will be sent out in the near future.

If your daughter would like to check with our School of Modern Languages for when Offer Holder Days will be held, she can contact them by emailing [email protected].

Hope this helps

----------
hey elliot, as a medicine A100 applicant I might not hear back until April itself, so are there any specific medicine open days if my application is successful? potentially in May?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by .765346777543
Hi @Julievedawood

Hope this helps

----------
hey elliot, as a medicine A100 applicant I might not hear back until April itself, so are there any specific medicine open days if my application is successful? potentially in May?

Hi @.765346777543

On each Offer Holder Day, the Academic Schools that are attending will provide tailored information and talks similar to an Open Day, with Teams including Accommodation and Student Wellbeing also available during these dates to provide guidance and support. As such, our Medical School will provide Offer Holder Days for Medicine and Surgery Offer Holders.

I would advise that you contact our Medical Admissions Team to enquire about the dates for Offer Holder Days. You can contact them by emailing [email protected].

Hope this helps

Elliott
Hello @Newcastle University, how long does it take for an offer? I applied end of November and still haven't heard anything?
Nevermind, i just got an offer for Accounting and Finance with grades BC and distinction!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending