The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Official Newcastle University 2023 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hasbo2005
Hello @Newcastle University, how long does it take for an offer? I applied end of November and still haven't heard anything?

Original post by Hasbo2005
Nevermind, i just got an offer for Accounting and Finance with grades BC and distinction!

Congratulations on receiving your offer @Hasbo2005.

We do try to process applications as quickly as we can. There is no normal timescale that we respond within because each application is considered individually. However, all applicants who apply before or on the 25th January 2023 will receive a decision by the 18th May 2023.

Elliott
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by Unimum18
Has anyone had an offer for Bio med yet? What sort of time frame can we expect a decision? Applied late last week.
Thanks

Original post by JA03
I applied! I got an offer about 3 weeks later so I wouldn't worry.

Me too! You will probably hear from them in a few weeks :smile: good luck!
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi @Julievedawood

Offer Holders will be invited to attend Offer Holder Days, which are taking place during February, March and April, by the Academic School for which they hold an offer for. These invites will be sent out in the near future.

If your daughter would like to check with our School of Modern Languages for when Offer Holder Days will be held, she can contact them by emailing [email protected].

Hope this helps

Elliott

So does that mean that you would expect the school to make the majority of offers before the OH Days take place? I know that 18 May is final date but it seems odd to hold the OHDs in advance of all offers being out.
Original post by Sheilasheila
So does that mean that you would expect the school to make the majority of offers before the OH Days take place? I know that 18 May is final date but it seems odd to hold the OHDs in advance of all offers being out.

Hi Sheilasheila

We aim to process as many offers as possible to allow applicants to attend an Offer Holder Day. Applicants should continue to check their emails for updates!

Scott S
Hi Sheilasheila

We aim to process as many offers as possible to allow applicants to attend an Offer Holder Day. Applicants should continue to check their emails for updates!

Scott S

Thank you.
Anyone looking at studying Chemistry (F106) at Newcastle September 2023 and living in Newcastle. Any thoughts on where you are thinking of living etc.
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone looking at studying Chemistry (F106) at Newcastle September 2023 and living in Newcastle. Any thoughts on where you are thinking of living etc.

At home. :smile:
Reply 87
🥱
hi, has anyone here applied for psychology? i know newcastle have added a test to the application process and said it should be completed by feb 1st but i've had no link sent to me and i would like to get it done sooner rather than later. thanks :smile:
Original post by lucyroche
hi, has anyone here applied for psychology? i know newcastle have added a test to the application process and said it should be completed by feb 1st but i've had no link sent to me and i would like to get it done sooner rather than later. thanks :smile:

Hi, I've applied for psychology as well. In the email they sent, I think they said they'd send the test by the 1st of Feb. Not that it has to be completed by then.
Good Morning,

We just wanted to post here to introduce ourselves and thank @Evil Homer for starting the 2023 applicant thread 😊

If you have any questions about applying to Newcastle we're here to help. Please feel free to tag us on this thread or contact us directly.

We wish everyone the best of luck with their applications, and to those who have been made an offer already - congratulations 🥳

Have a great day!

Hi Newcastle!

I applied for Psychology and got told there would be an extra 15-30min task sent before 1st Feb but that was a few months ago. Should I have heard anything since?

Thanks!
Original post by 1122334454
Hi, I've applied for psychology as well. In the email they sent, I think they said they'd send the test by the 1st of Feb. Not that it has to be completed by then.

ahhhhh ok, thank you!
ahhhhh ok, thank you!

No problem 😊

I do wish they were quicker in sending it tho, I'd just like to get it finished with

Hi lucyroche

We have held all Psychology BSc Honours (C800) applications until the 'equal consideration' deadline passed on Wednesday 25 January; the Situational Judgement Test is now expected to be sent to applicants mid-to-late-February.

Please be assured that we will be in touch shortly with further details.

Scott S
Reply 94
hi @Newcastle University, how long does newcastle usually take to respond to enquiries? ive sent a query abt my application, still waiting for a response
Original post by dsnjcv
hi @Newcastle University, how long does newcastle usually take to respond to enquiries? ive sent a query abt my application, still waiting for a response

I would call them rather than e-mail - I had my issue with my offer sorted within 30 minutes after I called.
Reply 96
Original post by JA03
I would call them rather than e-mail - I had my issue with my offer sorted within 30 minutes after I called.

you're right but unfortunately im an international applicant (from turkey) so i cant really call them, it would cost a lot, but thank u anyway
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by dsnjcv
you're right but unfortunately im an international applicant (from turkey) so i cant really call them, it would cost a lot, but thank u anyway

Oh. I'm not sure how long it will take for your enquiry to be answered but lemme quickly be annoying and tag the Newcastle representatives.
@Newcastle University
Reply 98
Original post by JA03
Oh. I'm not sure how long it will take for your enquiry to be answered but lemme quickly be annoying and tag the Newcastle representatives.
@Newcastle University

hahah thanks :biggrin:
Original post by dsnjcv

Hello,
i applied last year from Hong Kong and used their chat box on line .,From there I would been put through a real human from admission. If by email, it would take weeks and not even NCL. Others would reply to my application questions after the UCAS deadline. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending