The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Official University of Surrey 2023 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by student233940
Hi everyone, I've got a place for Politics and Economics 2023 entry and I'm currently studying Economics, English Literature and Maths
I was wondering how everyone finds the sports societies in Surrey to be socially?

Hi @student233940,

Congrats on your offer! I'm a final year student at the University of Surrey and have found the sports societies to be very sociable and welcoming, especially to new students. I have been a part of 2 different sports societies (Ballroom and Latin dance and pole fitness) and have really enjoyed both. Most societies usually have quite a few socials throughout each term so you can really get to know everyone outside of doing the sport and sometimes societies will have collabs with others which is a fun way to meet more people outside of your own society and also try a new sport!

If you'd like to have a look at the different sports societies available, I've added a link here: https://ussu.co.uk/activity/clubs-societies/. Let me know if you have any other questions about sports societies or anything else about the uni.

Eliska (Final year psychology student)
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Original post by Parker Edwards
Hi everyone! I have applied for Paramedic Science (2023) I have had my interview but I haven't heard anything back since. How long did it take for the university to get back to you to offer you a place or reject you?

I am also studying an Access course in health professions :smile:

Hey! I have also applied for Paramedic Science, and haven’t heard anything back from my interview. Have you heard anything yet?

I’m also studying an Access to Health Professions!
Original post by jemmyrosee
Hey! I have also applied for Paramedic Science, and haven’t heard anything back from my interview. Have you heard anything yet?

I’m also studying an Access to Health Professions!

Hey, I haven't heard anything myself. The email said they would take 2-4 weeks to get back to me, but it has been a fair amount of time line than that. Taking a while to get back
Update: I got an offer :smile:
Original post by georginakeen_
Hii ! I'm applying for Sport and Exercise Science and currently I'm studying A-Level psychology, politics, and pe. anyone else looking at this course? :smile:
Original post by georginakeen_
Update: I got an offer :smile:

Congratulations :woo:
Hey, I haven't heard anything myself. The email said they would take 2-4 weeks to get back to me, but it has been a fair amount of time line than that. Taking a while to get back

Yeah it’s been quite a long time! Hopefully will hear next week. Please do update me if you hear from them!! :smile: x
Original post by Anonymous
Does the In2Surrey scheme also apply to graduates? Would a 2:1 requirement receive a lower grade for contextual admission?

Hi,

Yes, In2Surrey scheme is a program that only those students who are applying to the University of Surrey using A-level predicted/achieved grades and meet this program's criteria can apply. I met the criteria for the scheme and received a lower grade requirement which is part of the university's contextual admission process.

If you do need more information, feel free to ask me more questions or have a look at this page https://www.surrey.ac.uk/schools-colleges/in2surrey

Kind regards,
Charlotte
1st year Business student

Hi,

I would suggest you to check your spam folder in case any email has reached there. Maybe try contacting admissions team with your query to get an update on your application. You can also contact them here https://www.surrey.ac.uk/form/admissions-enquiry-form

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Charlotte
(edited 1 year ago)
I applied to psychology. Does anyone know if Surrey usually wait until after the deadline (Jan) or are they quicker to respond for psychology offers? I applied about 2 weeks ago :smile:

Hi,

The University of Surrey responded to me before the January deadline but this could vary across different degree subjects, the number of applicants for your course (as the more the number of applicants- it would take slightly more time). All the best for your application and let me know if you have any questions!

Kind regards,
Charlotte
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hi,

I would suggest you to check your spam folder in case any email has reached there. Maybe try contacting admissions team with your query to get an update on your application. Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Charlotte

Hi, I would contact admissions but I know they are probably super busy, and now its Christmas so they won't respond. I keep checking the portal and nothing. Nothing in the spam folder too. I know these things can take a while but when you are given a time frame it can be disheartening not hearing within that time frame :frown:
Hi, I would contact admissions but I know they are probably super busy, and now it’s Christmas so they won't respond. I keep checking the portal and nothing. Nothing in the spam folder too. I know these things can take a while but when you are given a time frame it can be disheartening not hearing within that time frame :frown:

Hey, I used the live chat on surreys website and they said probably won’t hear until mid January at the earliest now. Might be worth checking the status of your application there! x
I applied to psychology. Does anyone know if Surrey usually wait until after the deadline (Jan) or are they quicker to respond for psychology offers? I applied about 2 weeks ago :smile:

Hey,

Thank you for considering the University of Surrey!

I'm studying Psychology and when I applied it didn't take any longer than 1 week. The course is much bigger now though, so there's probably just a longer waiting time now, so please don't feel discouraged.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Best wishes
Debora
1st year Psychology student
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by maddygreatorex
Applying for vet med and have my interview on Friday! Fingers crossed as I’ve heard it’s odd

Hey @maddygreatorex

Congratulations on applying!! I hope your interview had gone well and it has been an pleasant experience.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate

Best wishes
Debora
1st Year Psychology
Anyone else got a surrey offer? Have an offer for Vet med in 2023!

wow congratulations!! did you receive your offer today??
Has anyone applied for Computer science?
Original post by jemmyrosee
wow congratulations!! did you receive your offer today??

i received it on thursday after my interview on the 10th :smile:
Reply 37

wow well done! i have an offer for dietetics and nutrition :smile: i am planning to firm it once my last uni replies!

Hi @maddygreatorex

Many congratulations on your offer, how exciting! If there are any questions we can help with do let us know!

Olivia
(Third Year Veterinary Student)
Original post by JHCT
wow well done! i have an offer for dietetics and nutrition :smile: i am planning to firm it once my last uni replies!

Hi @JHCT

Thats great, congratulations on your offer! If you have any questions do let us know!

Best Wishes
Olivia
(Third Year Veterinary Student)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending