The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Official University of Surrey 2023 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hi @maddygreatorex

Many congratulations on your offer, how exciting! If there are any questions we can help with do let us know!

Olivia
(Third Year Veterinary Student)

Do you enjoy the vet school? I know it’s quite a new one, but I love the campus. How would you say the surrounding area is? I live 40 mins away and visit Guildford quite regularly- Id love to know more! Thank you
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 41
Hey, I also have an offer for Veterinary medicine for Surrey 2023.
What is the student support and night life like at Surrey? How much is housing after the first year roughly?
Hi
Ive got an offer for veterinary medicine :smile: !! Is anyone going to the offer holder day on the 21st of jan?
Original post by Emmaz033
Hi
Ive got an offer for veterinary medicine :smile: !! Is anyone going to the offer holder day on the 21st of jan?

Hey that's great, congratulations!
Did you get the offer this week, would you mind telling?
Thanks
Reply 44
Original post by Anonymous
Hey that's great, congratulations!
Did you get the offer this week, would you mind telling?
Thanks

I got mine on the 22nd December
Original post by lhh.hk
I got mine on the 22nd December

Ah ok, as I'm still waiting for their decision. I applied on 15th Dec (for Computer science) just before the holidays.
So I'm pretty sure this means I have an offer xD but I got an event invertation for a offer holder and it said "congratulations on your offer" however I haven't received a confirmation 😂 I'm going to take it as a win and say I got an offer for Paramedic Science
I got it around the 22nd :smile:
I got it around the 22nd :smile:

Thanks for letting me know, when did you apply?
Thanks for letting me know, when did you apply?

The 14th of October I think
The 14th of October I think

It’s for vet med, so early applicant
Original post by maddygreatorex
Do you enjoy the vet school? I know it’s quite a new one, but I love the campus. How would you say the surrounding area is? I live 40 mins away and visit Guildford quite regularly- Id love to know more! Thank you

Hi @maddygreatorex
I definitely enjoy the vet school! The advantage of being new is that the facilities are all modern and great to learn in. The vet building itself is a lovely space and there are plenty of spaces for both studying and mingling. The surrounding area is nice, and has a safe and friendly feel to it. There are many students living both on campus, and around both campuses in the surrounding streets, so it does feel a lot like a student area. Tescos is easy to walk to from both campuses and is where most of the students do their food shop- worth getting a clubcard! The centre of guildford has lots of shops, theres a shopping centre with lots of choice and nice restaurants about- Cosy Club is particularly cute! Theres also nightlife both on campus and in town, everyone loves a spoons and we also have a pop world amongst other things. The town has all the usual things you'd find in most town centres and has some pretty streets that look particularly cute at Christmas. Town is easily accessed on the bus, but I have walked it before in under an hour!

Hope that helps!
Olivia
(Third Year Veterinary Student)
Original post by lhh.hk
Hey, I also have an offer for Veterinary medicine for Surrey 2023.
What is the student support and night life like at Surrey? How much is housing after the first year roughly?

Hey @lhh.hk
First of all congratulations on your offer, that's great! Student support is great at Surrey, we have the centre for wellbeing, as well as Disability and Neurodiversity services. They are very easy to contact and are very helpful, for example they help with things such as exam support and adjustments and counselling. Night life is good too, there is nightlife on campus at staghill such as Rubix, as well as various places in town such as Wetherspoons and pop world- wetherspoons is always busy come freshers! Housing can really vary depending on what you are hoping to find but as a rough estimate can be around £500-600. This can of course vary if you are willing to share with more people, or have a single room for example.

Hope that helps!
Olivia
Third year veterinary student
Hi

Hi @Emmaz033

That's great! Congratulations on your offer!
If you have any questions do let us know!
Olivia
Third year veterinary medicine student
It’s for vet med, so early applicant

Yes I realised that. Just wondering when will they resume sending offers again after the holidays.
Yes I realised that. Just wondering when will they resume sending offers again after the holidays.

Hi,

Yes, the admissions team will resume sending offers again after the Christmas holidays. Hope this helps!

Charlotte
1st year Business student
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hi,

Yes, the admissions team will resume sending offers again after the Christmas holidays. Hope this helps!

Charlotte

Thanks, I got an offer today for Computer science!
i got an offer for psychology!
Thanks, I got an offer today for Computer science!

Hi,

Congrats on getting an offer from the University of Surrey, please let me know if you have any questions about your course, the university or your application.

Charlotte
i got an offer for psychology!

Hi,

Congrats on getting an offer from the University of Surrey, please let me know if you have any questions about your course, the university or your application.

Charlotte

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending