The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Official University of Surrey 2023 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by student233940
Hi everyone, I've got a place for Politics and Economics 2023 entry and I'm currently studying Economics, English Literature and Maths
I was wondering how everyone finds the sports societies in Surrey to be socially?

Hi,
The sports clubs are a very good place to be as when you join, you can specify why you are joining that club and the session will be catered to your needs. So if you want to join a club to make more friends there are times when you can do that and it is highly recommended as everyone is in the same place as you and it is a good place to find out more about peers from outside your course.
-Varshitha, foundation year student
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Original post by georginakeen_
Update: I got an offer :smile:

Hey @georginakeen_

Congratulations on your offer!!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Best wishes
Debora
1st Year Psychology student
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Emmaz033
Hi
Ive got an offer for veterinary medicine :smile: !! Is anyone going to the offer holder day on the 21st of jan?

hi! i’m not going to the holder day then, but i also got an offer for vet med! i can’t wait! is surrey your first choice? ☺️
hi everyone! :hello:

i got an offer for veterinary medicine at surrey for 2023!

surrey’s about 5 hours away from home for me - so definitely a big distance to travel. is surrey far for anyone else? it’ll be a big change for me haha. super excited though, the campus was gorgeous, and so was guildford

is anyone going to the vet med offer holder day on the 8th Feb 12:30?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by dazzymc

surrey’s about 5 hours away from home for me - so definitely a big distance to travel. is surrey far for anyone else? it’ll be a big change for me haha. super excited though, the campus was gorgeous, and so was guildford

Hello,

Congratulations on receiving an offer to study Veterinary Medicine at the University of Surrey! It's great to hear that you're excited about the opportunity and that you liked the campus and surrounding area. Being 5 hours away from home can be a big change, but it's also a great opportunity to gain independence and new experiences. I hope that your transition to university goes smoothly, and I wish you all the best with your course!

Although I don't study Veterinary Medicine myself, I have several friends who do, so I'd be happy with any questions you may have. If you need any help or advice on general university-related matters too, please let me know :smile:

Thanks,
Sam (she/her)
MSc Psychology student
Original post by dazzymc

Hey, I am! Wow that's super far, I'm very lucky and its only about an hour away for me. Is surrey your top choice?
Original post by xRosiexx
Hey, I am! Wow that's super far, I'm very lucky and its only about an hour away for me. Is surrey your top choice?

hi! that’s great. it is haha, so for the offer holder day we’re having to stay over at a holiday inn 😂
surrey’s currently the only one i’ve got an offer for atm, and the other (harper and keele) i haven’t heard back from yet. i got rejected from my other 2 options. but i think surrey is maybe 2nd, mainly due to the distance. but it’s such a gorgeous uni!

is surrey your first choice?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hello,

Congratulations on receiving an offer to study Veterinary Medicine at the University of Surrey! It's great to hear that you're excited about the opportunity and that you liked the campus and surrounding area. Being 5 hours away from home can be a big change, but it's also a great opportunity to gain independence and new experiences. I hope that your transition to university goes smoothly, and I wish you all the best with your course!

Although I don't study Veterinary Medicine myself, I have several friends who do, so I'd be happy with any questions you may have. If you need any help or advice on general university-related matters too, please let me know :smile:

Thanks,
Sam (she/her)
MSc Psychology student

Hi! I was wondering if you’d be able to give me any info on price of living in Surrey? My parent’s big concern is that its going to be more expensive than other uni’s due to being so close to London! is this true? ☺️
Original post by dazzymc
Hi! I was wondering if you’d be able to give me any info on price of living in Surrey? My parent’s big concern is that its going to be more expensive than other uni’s due to being so close to London! is this true? ☺️

Not to sugar coat, yes it is true.

I'm a fourth year student at Surrey, and my rent right now is £590 p/m, bills included for a double room in a house. You'll find it extremely hard to find anything below £530ish, and the rooms will likely be horrible.

Halls is much, much cheaper but harder to get second year onwards. Going back into halls also means you likely won't be able to live with your friends from your first year.

I hope this helps. It completely depends on your own situation of course. I know plenty of people from less wealthy backgrounds who are doing just fine. There are also plenty of student employment opportunities available should you need extra income. Good luck with your exams this year :smile:
Got an offer for biochemistry :smile:
Hey all,

I've applied to the BSc Economics Course for 2023 entry and received my offer from Surrey.
Currently studying Maths, Geography and Economics A-Levels.

Looking for a bit of info on diversity, sports (mainly rugby and cricket) and overall student life!
Original post by dazzymc
hi! that’s great. it is haha, so for the offer holder day we’re having to stay over at a holiday inn 😂
surrey’s currently the only one i’ve got an offer for atm, and the other (harper and keele) i haven’t heard back from yet. i got rejected from my other 2 options. but i think surrey is maybe 2nd, mainly due to the distance. but it’s such a gorgeous uni!

Ahh same!!! I got rejected from my other choices so I've now firmed surrey, but I agree its an amazing uni and the main thing is that you get a vet degree at the end of it haha, so happy to get an offer for any vet school! But fingers crossed you get an offer from h&k they are both great unis as well. Hopefully I'll see you at the offer day?
Reply 72
Original post by dazzymc

hey! Well done on your offer -
I have an offer for nutrition and dietetics and i am firming it :smile:
I am about 4 hours away from Surrey so it is also a big move for me too! I am also very excited.
My offer day is on the 18th of Feb, anyone else going to this one or also doing nutrition and dietetics?
Just got a vet med offer :smile:
I just got a vet med offer too. Now I've got to book a flight for the offer holder day :biggrin:
Original post by SeanO'C
I just got a vet med offer too. Now I've got to book a flight for the offer holder day :biggrin:

Congratulations ! Where are you flying from?
Original post by dazzymc

I’m going to the applicant day. It’s three hours from me, so not terrible.
Original post by dazzymc

Got an offer from Surrey too. Still haven’t heard back from HK yet, hopefully soon 🤞.
Original post by Abbateg
Congratulations ! Where are you flying from?

I'm from Northern Ireland but I'm flying from Dublin because its wayyy cheaper.
Congrats on your offer as well!
Does anyone else have an offer for biochemistry?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending