The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Official Swansea University 2023 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by aoifemae1
Mine is 11th april, i thought it wasnt an interview, more like seeing how you interact with people and then the physical exam as well

you are completely right, i keep calling it an interview for some reason. I am a bit panicked by the physical exam as I can do everything but pushups so i am currently trying to learn how to do some
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
I have tooo!!!!

hope yours goes well!! feels years away atm
Original post by Cat.B1
I have my in person interview on the 4th of april, when are you having it? I'm so nervous for it

i have mine then too! :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by lotsofsunflowers
i have mine then too! :smile:

do you wanna swap socials or something to chat about it? dont worry if not! Are you wearing gym kit there?
Hi,
I have a conditional offer to study Law LLB in Swansea from September. I am a mature student (30) and will be commuting to Swansea. Just curious to know if there are many mature students that study Law and will I feel like a total outcast? I’m keen to make friends and get involved but worried I will struggle being mature and not living in Swansea. Grateful for any advice 😊
Original post by Cat.B1
I have my in person interview on the 4th of april, when are you having it? I'm so nervous for it

ive got mine on the 11th, youll have to let me know how it goes. Have you been preparing for the fitness test?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
I have a conditional offer to study Law LLB in Swansea from September. I am a mature student (30) and will be commuting to Swansea. Just curious to know if there are many mature students that study Law and will I feel like a total outcast? I’m keen to make friends and get involved but worried I will struggle being mature and not living in Swansea. Grateful for any advice 😊

Hi there, great to hear you've got your offer for LLB Law at Swansea Uni.

I was in a similar position (and had a few reservations) when I returned to study my degree and master's back in my late twenties. There's no getting away from the fact that many undergraduate degree cohorts will be in the post 6th form age range - around 80-90% of our LLB Law students are between the ages of 18 and 24, although we do have quite a wide range of ages and backgrounds across all degree programmes and study levels in the School of Law...and this can vary quite a bit depending on the subject and study level.

From my experience (bearing in mind this was back in 2010), I made lots of friends regardless and got involved as much as I could, whilst juggling work commitments and a young family too! I didn't party as much as my younger peers, but I really enjoyed the learning process and meeting lots of interesting (and super talented) people.

There's lots of extra curricular activities going on at Swansea Uni, and the Student Union does a good job of catering for all audiences and needs. It might be worth you touching base with the Faculty/School team to have a more detailed chat about future studies and opportunities - feel free to send us a private message and we can put you in touch.

I hope that helps. Wishing you the best for the future.

Gethin (Future Students Team)
Swansea University
Reply 27
ive got mine on the 11th, youll have to let me know how it goes. Have you been preparing for the fitness test?

I have been preparing for the fitness test but not as much as I should have as I have exams soon so that takes priority. Im very nervous for it!
Hiya can I please ask how many applicants you had for msc physician associate this year? I believe last year there were 36 places offered and was it similar this year? Thank you!
Hiya can I please ask how many applicants you had for msc physician associate this year? I believe last year there were 36 places offered and was it similar this year? Thank you!

Hiya - have you heard back from Swansea PA??
Original post by LJB1096
Hiya - have you heard back from Swansea PA??

Hi yes I did. Just heard back today around 6pm. So happy because it was my first choice. Did you apply as well?
Original post by Cat.B1
I have been preparing for the fitness test but not as much as I should have as I have exams soon so that takes priority. Im very nervous for it!

How did it go?, was the fitness thing strict?
Hi guys - congrats to those who have gotten offers. Anyone who's been waitlisted for the PA course?

Hi there, I hope you're doing well...apologies for the delayed reply.

Yes, there will be 36 places again for MSc Physician Associate Studies Sept 2023 entry. Applications can vary from year to year but it is a very popular course with funding opportunities through the Welsh Government bursary scheme.

If we can help with anything else, please get in touch at any time. Best of luck with your future studies!

Gethin (Future Students Team)
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Swansea University for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Hi,
I have applied for the MSc Physician Associate course and accepted Swansea university.
Original post by Pudsxox
Hi,
I have applied for the MSc Physician Associate course and accepted Swansea university.

Hi I am thinking about swansea as well. Its just so far from home because I’m from England and having to work for 18 months there seems a bit daunting ngl. Have you started looking at accommodations?
Hi I am thinking about swansea as well. Its just so far from home because I’m from England and having to work for 18 months there seems a bit daunting ngl. Have you started looking at accommodations?

Yeah same I’m from England tooo but I’ve thought about the bigger picture. At least NHS Wales have agreed to pay for the course and I don't have an additional loan to pay back. .
Original post by Pudsxox
Hi,

Hi there! That's great :smile: Do you have any questions about studying at Swansea Uni? We'd be more than happy to help!
has anyone got an offer through for paramedic science yet? or to Swansea uni enquiries, do you know when they’re likely to give out offers? :smile:
Original post by lotsofsunflowers
has anyone got an offer through for paramedic science yet? or to Swansea uni enquiries, do you know when they’re likely to give out offers? :smile:

Hi @lotsofsunflowers - I hope all is well and apologies for the late reply. Let me check with the relevant dept and get back to you asap regarding Paramedic Science. It might be that interviews are still being scheduled as part of the application process, but we'll confirm the situation for you asap.

Many thanks, Gethin (Future Students Team).

Quick Reply

Latest