The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy 2023 UCAS application

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
Original post by Feeb_05
I think they can be anywhere within their regions throughout the 3 years including first year which for soton are places in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight, Wiltshire, Dorset, Surrey, West Sussex and Somerset.

I meant when in the year? It’s good to know the areas too 😊
Original post by nimsy17
I meant when in the year? It’s good to know the areas too 😊

Ohhh sorry can’t read. Soton have a week of observational before Christmas and then 5 week placement at the end of first year so June/July
Reply 1042
Original post by LMas01
My daughter hasn't had anything yet. She had the health questionnaire a month or so ago, but no DBS check yet.

I got an email for the DBS check today i believe?
Original post by Feeb_05
You don’t need to pay it back no. It just asks which university you will attend in September. Which can be changed later down the line if you end up changing unis if you don’t meet the grade requirements for your firm choice like you can with the maintenance loan.

I'm applying for support fund and it's asking for a student loan award letter. I've applied for student loan and my application has been approved, but where do I find the letter?
Original post by sabikahm
I'm applying for support fund and it's asking for a student loan award letter. I've applied for student loan and my application has been approved, but where do I find the letter?

If you log into student finance on the website there should be “your inbox” found next to “your personal details”. The letter of entitlement should be found in there. I applied for the nhs learning fund on my laptop as my iPad wouldn’t open the letter to allow me to view it and I wanted to make sure it was all correct.
Reply 1045
Original post by S.Ade
I got an email for the DBS check today i believe?

Yes, literally a few hours after I said she didn't have it the email came through.
Original post by roofie oofie
I had the Southampton interview last December, this is the first and only offer so far. I got rejected by nottingham and liverpool at the very beginning so I changed my one of my choices to London Brunel. I have two interviews coming in mid and late January, one from London Brunel and one from KCL.

if you dont mind me asking what were your predicted grades and gcse grades
Original post by student_5253
if you dont mind me asking what were your predicted grades and gcse grades

predicted 3 A*s in biology, chemistry and maths, I am an international student so I don't have GCSE grades.
anyone know how long UWE take to give out offers after interview
Original post by uniapplicant24
anyone know how long UWE take to give out offers after interview

They took 3 days for me last year
Original post by Feeb_05
They took 3 days for me last year

had one !!
Original post by uniapplicant24
had one !!

Ayyyy congrats 🥳
anyone remember how long cardiff took to give an offer after interview? i had my interview before christmas and havent heard
Guys, if all universities have sent you an offer for a bachelor of physiotherapy in UK, what is your preference? (Southampton, brighton, Birmingham, Liverpool, kcl, uea, lancashire) Rank them from 1 to 7. ( I am currently in grade 11(in Canada) and planning to study physio.Just want to have an insight into the better school for physio in UK )
Original post by username6124190
(Original post by reeree28)icl kings are acc having a laugh, it’s so stressful, my interview was first feb :frown:
I messaged kings and my date on apply has changed. May be you should do the same. rejection or offer i just want to hear now

hey may i ask what you messaged as now i'm waiting for a response. some ppl already got an offer on the same day so i'm stressed.
Original post by hkphysio
Guys, if all universities have sent you an offer for a bachelor of physiotherapy in UK, what is your preference? (Southampton, brighton, Birmingham, Liverpool, kcl, uea, lancashire) Rank them from 1 to 7. ( I am currently in grade 11(in Canada) and planning to study physio.Just want to have an insight into the better school for physio in UK )

It's such a personal choice depending on the type of location you want to live in. Big city, or green campus.
In terms of these universities listed, I'd probably go Birmingham (it's an integrated masters rather than bachelors) Southampton (very good medical teaching university), UEA (beautiful campus and city), KCL, Liverpool, Brighton and then UCLAN. Other people would probably put them in a different order as they are all have good qualities depending on what you are looking for. I'd also say don't dismiss Nottingham, beautiful campus and the teaching is in the medical centre in one of the largest hospitals in the UK.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending