The Student Room Group

MSc physiotherapy - second masters requesting funding

Hello
20 years ago I self funded a BA Hons and an MBA. I changed my career three years ago and have now been accepted to study an MSc in physiotherapy at Bucks New University. Can I apply for any funding for the course fees and living expenses ie a maintenance loan? I have no idea how I will find otherwise but I 100% want to do this!
Thanks in advance
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Fraggle12
Hello
20 years ago I self funded a BA Hons and an MBA. I changed my career three years ago and have now been accepted to study an MSc in physiotherapy at Bucks New University. Can I apply for any funding for the course fees and living expenses ie a maintenance loan? I have no idea how I will find otherwise but I 100% want to do this!
Thanks in advance

Hi there, when is your course due to start? Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, when is your course due to start? Thanks, Karen

September 27th 2023
Reply 3
September 27th 2023 for two years
September 27th 2023 for two years

Our 23/24 academic year applications are open. I would advise to submit your application and the team will review your eligibility for funding. Thanks, Karen
Reply 5
Our 23/24 academic year applications are open. I would advise to submit your application and the team will review your eligibility for funding. Thanks, Karen

How do I do that? I applied on the government web site this morning and it replied immediately saying I am not eligible as I have a post grad qualification. I keep reading that as an allied professional qualification I would be able to receive funding for physiotherapy. Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks
How do I do that? I applied on the government web site this morning and it replied immediately saying I am not eligible as I have a post grad qualification. I keep reading that as an allied professional qualification I would be able to receive funding for physiotherapy. Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Did you apply for undergraduate or postgraduate funding? Thanks, Karen
Reply 7
Did you apply for undergraduate or postgraduate funding? Thanks, Karen

Post graduate funding
Post graduate funding

This course would be undergraduate funded. You can submit your application online for the team to review. Thanks, Karen
Reply 9
This course would be undergraduate funded. You can submit your application online for the team to review. Thanks, Karen

Thanks for being super helpful Karen. I am doing the application via the under graduate section now. I have come as far as selecting the year of finance ie year one but now it says: The year you have selected is not available. Please confirm your course details with your university or college.?….

I have raised with the uni but I am confused as the portal accepted the uni and the course do not sure what else is needed.

Any ideas?

Thanks ever so again
Thanks for being super helpful Karen. I am doing the application via the under graduate section now. I have come as far as selecting the year of finance ie year one but now it says: The year you have selected is not available. Please confirm your course details with your university or college.?….

I have raised with the uni but I am confused as the portal accepted the uni and the course do not sure what else is needed.

Any ideas?

Thanks ever so again

This means your university has to update the database that we share with them to allow you to continue with your application. I would advise to speak with them and request this to be done. Once it has been updated you will be able to submit your application. Thanks, Karen
Reply 11
This means your university has to update the database that we share with them to allow you to continue with your application. I would advise to speak with them and request this to be done. Once it has been updated you will be able to submit your application. Thanks, Karen

Karen, you have been so helpful. Thank you lots! I have requested the university to do so and I’m super pleased I have a chance at submitting an application.

Thanks again, have a fabulous day.

Lucy
Karen, you have been so helpful. Thank you lots! I have requested the university to do so and I’m super pleased I have a chance at submitting an application.

Thanks again, have a fabulous day.

Lucy

You're welcome, Lucy - if you have any further questions feel free to ask us.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 13
Hi, I’m just finishing my first year of MSc physio at Bucks so happy to chat. You can find me on instagram alexproctorpilatestherapy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending