The Student Room Group

MArch Part 2 at The Bartlett?

Decided to repost here to see if people got in!

Any offer holders already? I applied on 17/October and had already accepted the offer.

Just an update here in-case in a few years time someone finds this thread and needed some help lol.
For Bartlett (UCL)'s MArch Part 2 Course ONLY:
1) I applied on 17/October/2022,
2) Submitted portfolio on 19/October/2022,
3) Interview invitation sent to me on 24/October/2022,
4) Interviewed on 28/October/2022 (did not went very well IMO, maybe I was paranoid),
5) Received Unconditional Offer on 02/November/2022.
Total time: 12 Working Days.
Extra Information:
1) I am a Malaysian of Chinese Ethnicity, and graduated from UK's University of Portsmouth. It is NOT a Russell Group Uni nor is it high ranking at all, with a 3-Years BA (1st Class) in Architecture. Speaks native-level English (with Asian Accent obviously).

2) I won the RIBA South Best Overall Achievement & Excellence Award in my 3rd Year and other in-universities awards every year. Also achieved 80% grades in average (90% above for every studio project) for every single modules. I compiled ALL my award-certificates into 1 single PDF and submitted along with my Application.

4) I have 35 Pages for my Portfolio submitted for Bartlett (although they say 25 Pages but I didn't care lol),

5) I started my Year-Out 1-day before applying for Bartlett in OCTOBER. So it doesn't matter as long as you started the year-out before OR on the day of application. Just make sure you will have a minimum of 1-year Archi-related job before applying.

6) For Personal Statement, it's rather personal, but I did mentioned 2~3 PG Units im interested in. Mine was over the 4000-characters limit so I uploaded it as a 1-A4-Page PDF onto the application. It was allowed.

7) I have references from my Year-1 STUDIO tutors. None of them were from Second or Final Year. So it doesn't matter as long as it's a academic-tutor during ur Undergraduate Years. They know me VERY well.

Backstory:
I knew I was going to UCL Bartlett even before going to my Undergraduate uni here in UK.
As the cost of London-living is exorbitant for an International Student, I decided to head over to a cheaper UK city for the first 3-years, then to London for the last 2-years. This way, I managed to save a lot. Kind of like the Community College then University/College route some American did. By doing this I managed to save around 120k GBP in 3 years.
Moral of story? Just work hard and produce quality work, regardless of where you are!

Good luck to all future applicants!
Reply 1
Original post by Izumiaiko
Decided to repost here to see if people got in!

Any offer holders already? I applied on 17/October and had already accepted the offer.

Just an update here in-case in a few years time someone finds this thread and needed some help lol.
For Bartlett (UCL)'s MArch Part 2 Course ONLY:
1) I applied on 17/October/2022,
2) Submitted portfolio on 19/October/2022,
3) Interview invitation sent to me on 24/October/2022,
4) Interviewed on 28/October/2022 (did not went very well IMO, maybe I was paranoid),
5) Received Unconditional Offer on 02/November/2022.
Total time: 12 Working Days.
Extra Information:
1) I am a Malaysian of Chinese Ethnicity, and graduated from UK's University of Portsmouth. It is NOT a Russell Group Uni nor is it high ranking at all, with a 3-Years BA (1st Class) in Architecture. Speaks native-level English (with Asian Accent obviously).

2) I won the RIBA South Best Overall Achievement & Excellence Award in my 3rd Year and other in-universities awards every year. Also achieved 80% grades in average (90% above for every studio project) for every single modules. I compiled ALL my award-certificates into 1 single PDF and submitted along with my Application.

4) I have 35 Pages for my Portfolio submitted for Bartlett (although they say 25 Pages but I didn't care lol),

5) I started my Year-Out 1-day before applying for Bartlett in OCTOBER. So it doesn't matter as long as you started the year-out before OR on the day of application. Just make sure you will have a minimum of 1-year Archi-related job before applying.

6) For Personal Statement, it's rather personal, but I did mentioned 2~3 PG Units im interested in. Mine was over the 4000-characters limit so I uploaded it as a 1-A4-Page PDF onto the application. It was allowed.

7) I have references from my Year-1 STUDIO tutors. None of them were from Second or Final Year. So it doesn't matter as long as it's a academic-tutor during ur Undergraduate Years. They know me VERY well.

Backstory:
I knew I was going to UCL Bartlett even before going to my Undergraduate uni here in UK.
As the cost of London-living is exorbitant for an International Student, I decided to head over to a cheaper UK city for the first 3-years, then to London for the last 2-years. This way, I managed to save a lot. Kind of like the Community College then University/College route some American did. By doing this I managed to save around 120k GBP in 3 years.
Moral of story? Just work hard and produce quality work, regardless of where you are!

Good luck to all future applicants!

Hello,

I wish to apply for Bartlett MArch so I started the Online application process.
Thanks for taking the time to post those details, I find it really helpful. There's just one thing I'd like to make sure of, before I proceed.

Regarding the documents you uploaded :
You mention uploading 2 files, if I undestood right. The PDF with all your certificates and awards and the SoP, separately.
While applying I found I could only upload one single file in the "Upload additional information" section, under "Upload additional document", before moving on to Employement and experience. (I have a screenshot I fail to attach here).

I wanted to check for sure, if you remember :
Is that where you uploaded your certificates/awards PDF or your SoP file ? Will there be another section where the SoP would be uploaded ?

TL DR : I can only upload one file on my Online Application Form, in the "Upload additional information" section.
Is that the right place to upload my awards and certificates compiled ?

Thank you kindly.
Original post by Aureous
Hello,

I wish to apply for Bartlett MArch so I started the Online application process.
Thanks for taking the time to post those details, I find it really helpful. There's just one thing I'd like to make sure of, before I proceed.

Regarding the documents you uploaded :
You mention uploading 2 files, if I undestood right. The PDF with all your certificates and awards and the SoP, separately.
While applying I found I could only upload one single file in the "Upload additional information" section, under "Upload additional document", before moving on to Employement and experience. (I have a screenshot I fail to attach here).

I wanted to check for sure, if you remember :
Is that where you uploaded your certificates/awards PDF or your SoP file ? Will there be another section where the SoP would be uploaded ?

TL DR : I can only upload one file on my Online Application Form, in the "Upload additional information" section.
Is that the right place to upload my awards and certificates compiled ?

Thank you kindly.

Hmmm... I am not sure for that. You should contact Bartlett directly.
Good luck and hope to see u in school soon (If u are applying for the Part 2 Programme)! :smile:
Reply 3
"I compiled ALL my award-certificates into 1 single PDF and submitted it along with my Application."

can you tell me where exactly you uploaded this document?
Thanks in advance!

Original post by username6034826
Hmmm... I am not sure for that. You should contact Bartlett directly.
Good luck and hope to see u in school soon (If u are applying for the Part 2 Programme)! :smile:
Hi, congrats on your offer. I just applied on 24th of Feb (last day of the application). I am still waiting to be contacted for the portfolio. Do you think it's common for Bartlett to assess for about a week and a half now?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending