Original post by Leap80
OK thanks for your response

You're welcome :smile:
Take care.
Reply 21
Original post by Tina Oliver SLC
You're welcome :smile:
Take care.

Hi, just checked my online account again on the to do list where it says actions needing completing it states now " awaiting sponsor 1 details" but I haven't got a sponsor, I'm a mature student with partner who does not work and I've already sent all the informations needed regarding the both of us when I filled on the PN1 form.

Funny enough earlier on there was more actions to compete ie provide your identity, enter your bank details, enter national insurance number etc but a few hours later it has changed to just " awaiting sponsor 1 details" and all the others got " complete" next to it. what does this awaiting for sponsor 1 details mean?

On the bottom of everything it says expected update date between 9th Dec and 14th Dec 22. When I called earlier on this morning the advisor on the phone said nothing needed to be done on my behalf up until they've verified my passport details but on the account it is asking for more things and keep changing every few hours.

Any clarity on this please?
Thanks
Reply 22
Original post by Leap80
Hi, just checked my online account again on the to do list where it says actions needing completing it states now " awaiting sponsor 1 details" but I haven't got a sponsor, I'm a mature student with partner who does not work and I've already sent all the informations needed regarding the both of us when I filled on the PN1 form.

Funny enough earlier on there was more actions to compete ie provide your identity, enter your bank details, enter national insurance number etc but a few hours later it has changed to just " awaiting sponsor 1 details" and all the others got " complete" next to it. what does this awaiting for sponsor 1 details mean?

On the bottom of everything it says expected update date between 9th Dec and 14th Dec 22. When I called earlier on this morning the advisor on the phone said nothing needed to be done on my behalf up until they've verified my passport details but on the account it is asking for more things and keep changing every few hours.

Thanks

Here's the attachment of what it indicates right now
Original post by Leap80

Thanks

Hi there,

This is normal. Now that your identity details have been verified this will show as complete. If your partner has completed the sponsor section of the PN1 form, these will be linked when the form is processed and this too will then show as complete.

The timescales shown online, and provided by advisers are estimated and can change, so this too is normal.

Thanks,
Tina
Reply 24
Hi there,

This is normal. Now that your identity details have been verified this will show as complete. If your partner has completed the sponsor section of the PN1 form, these will be linked when the form is processed and this too will then show as complete.

The timescales shown online, and provided by advisers are estimated and can change, so this too is normal.

Thanks,
Tina

Thanks ever so much for your response
Original post by Leap80
Thanks ever so much for your response

No problem at all.
:smile:
Can I just check @Leap80 whether you have applied to your university for their hardship funding too? They might be able to offer some support in the form of grants or loans while you wait for your student finance to arrive :smile:

It's also worth checking on https://grants-search.turn2us.org.uk/ (with both your home and term time postcode if they're different) whether there are any charitable grants or loans available to you - these are usually not huge but can make a big difference. The occupations section is worth filling in for you and your parents and partner too - there's often small grants available for people or children from specific jobs.
Reply 27
Original post by PQ
Can I just check @Leap80 whether you have applied to your university for their hardship funding too? They might be able to offer some support in the form of grants or loans while you wait for your student finance to arrive :smile:

It's also worth checking on https://grants-search.turn2us.org.uk/ (with both your home and term time postcode if they're different) whether there are any charitable grants or loans available to you - these are usually not huge but can make a big difference. The occupations section is worth filling in for you and your parents and partner too - there's often small grants available for people or children from specific jobs.

I've applied for hardship fund through my uni, which I'm awaiting for but at the same time, I've bee told by my student advisor that they can only proceed with my application once SF has given me my entitlement for this year until then they can't proceed and have said I'd they don't receive my full entitlement for student finance by 14th Dec then my application will be rejected by default.

Thanks for the link above, will look into it now.
Many thanks
Reply 28
Original post by Leap80
I've applied for hardship fund through my uni, which I'm awaiting for but at the same time, I've bee told by my student advisor that they can only proceed with my application once SF has given me my entitlement for this year until then they can't proceed and have said I'd they don't receive my full entitlement for student finance by 14th Dec then my application will be rejected by default.

Thanks for the link above, will look into it now.
Many thanks

Hi,
I've just received this from student finance, attachment above. Can anyone/advisors tell me exactly what it means.
Thanks
Reply 29
Original post by Leap80
Hi,
I've just received this from student finance, attachment above. Can anyone/advisors tell me exactly what it means.
Thanks

And also what do they mean by student finance on income assessed basis?

Thanks
Original post by Leap80
And also what do they mean by student finance on income assessed basis?

Thanks

Hi,

Income assessed basis means that your application will include your sponsor income details.

As I am unable to access your account to check the details in full, I can only provide general information here. The financial hardship team will need your applications to be fully assessed with the maximum entitlement available to you in place before they can finalise any requests.

Thanks,
Tina.
Reply 31
Hi,

Income assessed basis means that your application will include your sponsor income details.

As I am unable to access your account to check the details in full, I can only provide general information here. The financial hardship team will need your applications to be fully assessed with the maximum entitlement available to you in place before they can finalise any requests.

Thanks,
Tina.

OK thanks, is there anyway I can get in touch with yourself in order for you to check my details in full if that's possible.

And also once I received a conformation of my full entitlement within 3 to 5 working days, by then I'm pretty certain I will still be in the same financial predicament as I am and was 3 weeks prior to me sending them the financial hardship fund. What do you reckon will happen? Will they deduct the overpayment off the new entitlement straight away although I've enquired with them through hardship that I would like the overpayment to be deferred to next academic year else it will plunge in more hardship than I'm facing right now or do you think they might not.

As it says on the email to contact them once I get the full entitlement and still experiencing hardship, would I just need to get hold of them through the email I've received correspondence from or will I need to fill on another financial hardship form with evidence to send it through the post as in the whole process all over again?

Sorry to be bombarding yourself with lots of questions every few hours as I just keep getting updates from SF myself.

Thanks
Original post by Leap80
OK thanks, is there anyway I can get in touch with yourself in order for you to check my details in full if that's possible.

And also once I received a conformation of my full entitlement within 3 to 5 working days, by then I'm pretty certain I will still be in the same financial predicament as I am and was 3 weeks prior to me sending them the financial hardship fund. What do you reckon will happen? Will they deduct the overpayment off the new entitlement straight away although I've enquired with them through hardship that I would like the overpayment to be deferred to next academic year else it will plunge in more hardship than I'm facing right now or do you think they might not.

As it says on the email to contact them once I get the full entitlement and still experiencing hardship, would I just need to get hold of them through the email I've received correspondence from or will I need to fill on another financial hardship form with evidence to send it through the post as in the whole process all over again?

Sorry to be bombarding yourself with lots of questions every few hours as I just keep getting updates from SF myself.

Thanks

Hi,

Unfortunately I am unable to access any customer accounts via this forum as all customers must be fully authenticated via SFE security processes before any account details can be disclosed.

Once your entitlement has been fully confirmed you can respond to the financial hardship team via email, or you can call our team who will refer your account manually to confirm you would like to pursue the claim. You shouldn't need to complete a new form, although updated evidence may be requested if a significant time period had elapsed since the last evidence had been provided.

Thanks,
Tina
Reply 33
OK thank you, will wait for the full entitlement and take it from there.

Once again thank you for your response.
Reply 34
Original post by Leap80
OK thank you, will wait for the full entitlement and take it from there.

Once again thank you for your response.

Hi, I have been on the phone to sfe this morning as there is an update about my overpayment and my reassessed entitlement of last year 2021/22 and been told to send in a pff2 form in my case as a mature student with a partner and kids she ( partner) filled it in and I've uploaded it on the list of evidence but it still says on the to do list that I need to send in:
- loan requested
- application form
I've done all this with my PN1 form returned and received by SFE on 7th Nov
So now that I've uploaded this pff2 form what's the timescale on it? Apparenly I will only know about my full entitlement once this pff2 form has been dealt with.

Another query is what if the overpayment is way more the full entitlement given which in my case might be what would happen to my full entitlement of this year

I've had a reply from financial hardship stating that overpayment can only be looked at or deferred once I get my full entitlement or also so as that once I get my full entitlement if I'm still experiencing financial hardship to contact them so my understanding is that they won't do much now till.i know the full entitlement?

It's getting quite confusing as for the last 3 days I've received different overpayment figures and the latest is quite high that I think it will exceed my full entitlement then what would happen? Is there a possibility where the overpayment is more than the entitlement and I get awarded zero?

Any clarify I know ive been banging on here on a daily basis it's just that everytime I ring sfe I get a different answer to the point that had I not insisted on" what evidence I needed to send" I would have never known about this pff2 form.

Would like a bit of clarity on these few questions I've asked from any advisors or anyone who might shed a light on the matter.

Thanks
Reply 35
Original post by Leap80
Hi, I have been on the phone to sfe this morning as there is an update about my overpayment and my reassessed entitlement of last year 2021/22 and been told to send in a pff2 form in my case as a mature student with a partner and kids she ( partner) filled it in and I've uploaded it on the list of evidence but it still says on the to do list that I need to send in:
- loan requested
- application form
I've done all this with my PN1 form returned and received by SFE on 7th Nov
So now that I've uploaded this pff2 form what's the timescale on it? Apparenly I will only know about my full entitlement once this pff2 form has been dealt with.

Another query is what if the overpayment is way more the full entitlement given which in my case might be what would happen to my full entitlement of this year

I've had a reply from financial hardship stating that overpayment can only be looked at or deferred once I get my full entitlement or also so as that once I get my full entitlement if I'm still experiencing financial hardship to contact them so my understanding is that they won't do much now till.i know the full entitlement?

It's getting quite confusing as for the last 3 days I've received different overpayment figures and the latest is quite high that I think it will exceed my full entitlement then what would happen? Is there a possibility where the overpayment is more than the entitlement and I get awarded zero?

Any clarify I know ive been banging on here on a daily basis it's just that everytime I ring sfe I get a different answer to the point that had I not insisted on" what evidence I needed to send" I would have never known about this pff2 form.

Would like a bit of clarity on these few questions I've asked from any advisors or anyone who might shed a light on the matter.

Thanks

This is what it says in the to do list after I've sent pff2 form
Reply 36
Original post by Leap80
This is what it says in the to do list after I've sent pff2 form

And also once the full entitlement has been awarded for this academic year, presumably the overpayment will be deducted if it is less than the full entitlement then when would this get paid or how long does it take before it get it.

Thanks
Original post by Leap80
And also once the full entitlement has been awarded for this academic year, presumably the overpayment will be deducted if it is less than the full entitlement then when would this get paid or how long does it take before it get it.

Thanks

Hi there,

Currently PFF2 forms can take an estimated 18 working days to be processed. Until this is processed it is possible that your overpayment letters may not be up to date, so I would wait until the PFF2 form and your applications have been fully updated before addressing this.

If the Overpayment is less than your entitlement this will be deducted and the remainder of the entitlement is then scheduled as normal across the 3 term dates. If any payment dates have passed these will be released in around 3-5 working days from the entitlement being finalised.

If the overpayment is more than the entitlement then this can remove the full loan entitlement. However in both circumstances the overpayment deduction can be deferred if a financial hardship claim is successful.

Thanks,
Tina
Reply 38
OK thank u
Original post by Leap80
OK thanks for your response

You're welcome!

If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending