The Student Room Group

Financial Hardship evidence

I had a Financial Hardship early payment request rejected today because apparently my income is good enough to support myself till May (3rd Maintenance Loan payment)? I'm not entirely sure where this is coming from. Long story short I want to apply again, how can I prove that I have non existent income? The bank statements show that I have no income, so where have SFE magically found some from?

Long Story:
I commute into London everyday, this costs me £212 every week (yes, ridiculously high). I'm in 3rd year, during 1st and 2nd year this was a financially better choice than renting, but this year all of a sudden there's been huge increases in prices for everything. I pay rent levels just to travel, yet I receive £4600 less in maintenance loans just because I don't rent. It's unfair but it is what it is. Furthermore there's food, personal costs, bills etc, totalling to £1450 a month (this is without me enjoying life).

October - April = 6 months. That's £8700 of expenses, and during this period I only get £5650, and about £750 of my own income to add to that before December. I don't know what SFE are seeing, I think they're just skimming through statements and just rejecting early payment requests through the financial hardship forms. I've sent mountains of evidence, and I get a blunt response without any proper explanation as to why I've been rejected apart from I have enough income to support myself till May 7th. Where they've magically seen £1800 from I have no clue. Not even the 2nd maintenance loan covers me till May. £2700 was given to me in January, this was all gone by the end of February, with the majority going to purely travel to uni.

It's impossible to get a job in this market, no one wants to help, credit score is trash, can't focus when I'm trying to do uni work as I keep thinking about how I'm going to sustain myself. Does anyone have any idea as to how exactly I can get this early payment? My term ends at the end of April, the 3rd payment is useless in May.
Original post by diedied323
I had a Financial Hardship early payment request rejected today because apparently my income is good enough to support myself till May (3rd Maintenance Loan payment)? I'm not entirely sure where this is coming from. Long story short I want to apply again, how can I prove that I have non existent income? The bank statements show that I have no income, so where have SFE magically found some from?
Long Story:
I commute into London everyday, this costs me £212 every week (yes, ridiculously high). I'm in 3rd year, during 1st and 2nd year this was a financially better choice than renting, but this year all of a sudden there's been huge increases in prices for everything. I pay rent levels just to travel, yet I receive £4600 less in maintenance loans just because I don't rent. It's unfair but it is what it is. Furthermore there's food, personal costs, bills etc, totalling to £1450 a month (this is without me enjoying life).
October - April = 6 months. That's £8700 of expenses, and during this period I only get £5650, and about £750 of my own income to add to that before December. I don't know what SFE are seeing, I think they're just skimming through statements and just rejecting early payment requests through the financial hardship forms. I've sent mountains of evidence, and I get a blunt response without any proper explanation as to why I've been rejected apart from I have enough income to support myself till May 7th. Where they've magically seen £1800 from I have no clue. Not even the 2nd maintenance loan covers me till May. £2700 was given to me in January, this was all gone by the end of February, with the majority going to purely travel to uni.
It's impossible to get a job in this market, no one wants to help, credit score is trash, can't focus when I'm trying to do uni work as I keep thinking about how I'm going to sustain myself. Does anyone have any idea as to how exactly I can get this early payment? My term ends at the end of April, the 3rd payment is useless in May.
Hi there,

You can certainly ask the Hardship team to reconsider your request, or to provide a more detailed reason if they still can't bring the payment forward.

To do this you should reply to their e-mail and ask them to look at your case again: please provide as much information as you can.

The team will then get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending