The Student Room Group

Withdrawing from Masters and Postgraduate Loan

Hi,

I've received conflicting information regarding the repayment of my Postgraduate loan after withdrawing from my course midway through the year. I made the decision to withdraw at the beginning of Semester 2. According to someone at SFE and various threads on this site, if I withdraw after the loan payment date, it won't be considered as overpaid, and I would repay it in the normal manner. However, other threads suggest that SFE will calculate the amount based on attendance and request any overpayment, similar to the undergraduate maintenance loan process. This has caused confusion and stress, particularly since I've already used some of the loan for accommodation fees that cannot be refunded.
Original post by Alexty28
Hi,

I've received conflicting information regarding the repayment of my Postgraduate loan after withdrawing from my course midway through the year. I made the decision to withdraw at the beginning of Semester 2. According to someone at SFE and various threads on this site, if I withdraw after the loan payment date, it won't be considered as overpaid, and I would repay it in the normal manner. However, other threads suggest that SFE will calculate the amount based on attendance and request any overpayment, similar to the undergraduate maintenance loan process. This has caused confusion and stress, particularly since I've already used some of the loan for accommodation fees that cannot be refunded.

Hi Alex,

Students will be entitled to the payment issued during the payment period they withdrew. The application will not be re-assessed based on the number of days the student was in attendance.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending