The Student Room Group

Failed module, issues with student finance

So i used my gift year in the Covid year when I dropped out after 2 weeks so I only have 1 year of funding left. I failed one module in second year and have chosen the option to retake the year in part, but am having issues now with student finance.

As it was only 1 module the uni said I could pay for it myself and keep the last year of funding till next year when I do third year. At first I contacted student finance wanting to cancel it and they said through the live chat that they requested a cancel, 7 days later heard nothing so contacted them again and they said it has requested but can take time and depends on uni. Today I got a text says my maintenance loan is due in 3 days, so I contacted them to say why this was as I wanted to cancel, they told me cancellations could not be done on live chat, which that isn’t what other advisors told me earlier and said I requested a cancel. Then the person on live chat today says that I can get a maintenance loan for this year and next year. Which I’m confused as I’ve already had 3 years of maintenance loan so I thought I only had 1 left but they’re saying I can get it for next year as well? Is this true as they lied to me before.

As for tuition fees they said it was under review from the uni, on their registration form I clicked I wanted to self pay so I think I should be ok right? And they want take any tuition fee payments right?

I’m scared they will take this year as the last year of funding I have left and I tried to cancel to save it for third year but there saying as it was a second year repeat that I can still have a maintenance loan. Is this true as the adviser lied to me about the cancelation?

Any help is great thanks
Original post by Username462
So i used my gift year in the Covid year when I dropped out after 2 weeks so I only have 1 year of funding left. I failed one module in second year and have chosen the option to retake the year in part, but am having issues now with student finance.

As it was only 1 module the uni said I could pay for it myself and keep the last year of funding till next year when I do third year. At first I contacted student finance wanting to cancel it and they said through the live chat that they requested a cancel, 7 days later heard nothing so contacted them again and they said it has requested but can take time and depends on uni. Today I got a text says my maintenance loan is due in 3 days, so I contacted them to say why this was as I wanted to cancel, they told me cancellations could not be done on live chat, which that isn’t what other advisors told me earlier and said I requested a cancel. Then the person on live chat today says that I can get a maintenance loan for this year and next year. Which I’m confused as I’ve already had 3 years of maintenance loan so I thought I only had 1 left but they’re saying I can get it for next year as well? Is this true as they lied to me before.

As for tuition fees they said it was under review from the uni, on their registration form I clicked I wanted to self pay so I think I should be ok right? And they want take any tuition fee payments right?

I’m scared they will take this year as the last year of funding I have left and I tried to cancel to save it for third year but there saying as it was a second year repeat that I can still have a maintenance loan. Is this true as the adviser lied to me about the cancelation?

Any help is great thanks

Hi there, If you're able to contact us via the live chat in your account or on 0300 100 0607 we'll look into this and help you get this resolved. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, If you're able to contact us via the live chat in your account or on 0300 100 0607 we'll look into this and help you get this resolved. Thanks,

I did contact you the other day and what I mentioned above is what you told me - but you lied to me about the cancel thing so I don’t know who to trust as the information you told me i really don’t know if it’s right
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Username462
I did contact you the other day and what I mentioned above is what you told me - but you lied to me about the cancel thing so I don’t know who to trust as the information you told me i really don’t know if it’s right

Hi there,

I am sorry for any confusion caused. As we are unable to access your account, you are best contacting us via telephone or live chat as Jason advised so that an adviser can help you with this.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending