The Student Room Group

Request of an early maintenance loan payment

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Graeme SFE
You're welcome!

If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Thanks, Graeme

Hi,
I'm still awaiting for my full entitlement for this year to be approved, had things on the to do list which I have sent but it still showing on my account. My expected update was between 9th and 14th dec nothing had happened and thus morning its been pushed on from 14th to 19th Dec

I'm just wondering why it keeps chopping and changing constantly and getting told different version when I call. I've filled in a PN1 form which was returned and received by yourselves since the 7th Nov and I've also applied for financial hardship and their response was I quote " thank u for contacting is and sending all yiur evidence but you need to wait for your full entitlement before we can determine whether we can defer the overpayment. I've uploaded the pff2 form as requested so will it be pushed back again once we get to the 14th I really don't know what's going on now.

Any clarity please.

Thanks
Original post by Leap80
Hi,
I'm still awaiting for my full entitlement for this year to be approved, had things on the to do list which I have sent but it still showing on my account. My expected update was between 9th and 14th dec nothing had happened and thus morning its been pushed on from 14th to 19th Dec

I'm just wondering why it keeps chopping and changing constantly and getting told different version when I call. I've filled in a PN1 form which was returned and received by yourselves since the 7th Nov and I've also applied for financial hardship and their response was I quote " thank u for contacting is and sending all yiur evidence but you need to wait for your full entitlement before we can determine whether we can defer the overpayment. I've uploaded the pff2 form as requested so will it be pushed back again once we get to the 14th I really don't know what's going on now.

Any clarity please.

Thanks

Hi there,

Based on what you've said, the Hardship team need your application to show as approved: once this happens they'll then be able to review and accept your application to them.

In terms of the timescales, they can change daily but they can also go down depending on the assessors' workload. So, this may be done quicker, we just can't guarantee this. The PFF2 form won't cause a further delay, rest assured: your application will still be processed around the expected date.

As I'm you're doing already, we'd recommend checking your account and e-mails for any updates: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 42
OK thanks for your response, how long do you reckon it will take for the hardship to deal with my case once my application has been approved, bearing in mind I've already sent tons of evidence to them since the 21st Nov and I've had a reply from them a week ago stating to wait for the full entitlement to be assessed.
Thanks

Thanks
Original post by Leap80
OK thanks for your response, how long do you reckon it will take for the hardship to deal with my case once my application has been approved, bearing in mind I've already sent tons of evidence to them since the 21st Nov and I've had a reply from them a week ago stating to wait for the full entitlement to be assessed.
Thanks

Thanks

According to the screenshot you posted the Hardship team will consider your application as soon as your application is approved. So, once that happens you can e-mail them back and they'll do this for you.

Or, once you're approved you can send us a live chat on your account and we'll refer your application to the Hardship team that way: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 44
Original post by Graeme SFE
According to the screenshot you posted the Hardship team will consider your application as soon as your application is approved. So, once that happens you can e-mail them back and they'll do this for you.

Or, once you're approved you can send us a live chat on your account and we'll refer your application to the Hardship team that way: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login

Thanks, Graeme

Thanks ever so much for your response, have a great weekend.
Original post by Leap80
Thanks ever so much for your response, have a great weekend.

You too, thanks again!

Warm regards, Graeme
Reply 46
Hi, once I get hold of financial hardship once my full entitlement has been assessed bearing in mind I've already sent them everything on 21st and got a reply from them and was told to get back to them by email etc. How long will they take to work on it from the time I send them an email stating I'd like my overpayment to be deferred as I know I know it will be a hefty amount taken out of my entitlement which will leave me with pretty much nothing.

My fear is I get the full entitlement and the overpayment comes outta with and will be ekft with nothing to get back, just want to know how long they will need to work on it.

Thanks
Reply 47
Original post by Leap80
Hi, once I get hold of financial hardship once my full entitlement has been assessed bearing in mind I've already sent them everything on 21st and got a reply from them and was told to get back to them by email etc. How long will they take to work on it from the time I send them an email stating I'd like my overpayment to be deferred as I know I know it will be a hefty amount taken out of my entitlement which will leave me with pretty much nothing.

My fear is I get the full entitlement and the overpayment comes outta with and will be ekft with nothing to get back, just want to know how long they will need to work on it.

Thanks

Morning, this is odd on my to do list it says I've completed everything, I've even called onf today 9th the advisor said there's nothing else needed to be done from my side but this morning on 12th it says missing signature dated on the 9th Dec.
When I called on Friday the advisor said that she can see my declaration form of PN1 signed by me and received by SFE on 7th Nov. My worry is everytime I see an additional to do list surely it sets me back or will it cause a delay on my full entitlement to be assessed it still says expected update 14th Dec to 19th Dec.
If it is assessed around those expected dates then how long until they make a payment or would the payment be made after financial hardship has checked on it? If so how is will the whole procedure take from the notification of the full entitlement and myself getting money on my account.
Any advisors to clarify this ambiguity please.
Thanks
Original post by Leap80
Morning, this is odd on my to do list it says I've completed everything, I've even called onf today 9th the advisor said there's nothing else needed to be done from my side but this morning on 12th it says missing signature dated on the 9th Dec.
When I called on Friday the advisor said that she can see my declaration form of PN1 signed by me and received by SFE on 7th Nov. My worry is everytime I see an additional to do list surely it sets me back or will it cause a delay on my full entitlement to be assessed it still says expected update 14th Dec to 19th Dec.
If it is assessed around those expected dates then how long until they make a payment or would the payment be made after financial hardship has checked on it? If so how is will the whole procedure take from the notification of the full entitlement and myself getting money on my account.
Any advisors to clarify this ambiguity please.
Thanks

Hi there,

It is normal to see changing dates in your online account as our timescales are estimated and reviewed daily to keep them up to date. These may go up and down a little but don't worry, our assessors process all applications in date order from the date received to ensure fairness to all students.

Once your application has been approved, and we have received Confirmation of Registration from the university, any outstanding payments that have been missed will be released in 3-5 working days.

Then again, once the financial hardship team have reviewed your claim any additional payments to be made to you will be scheduled in 3-5 working days. As Graeme mentioned above, I'd also recommend contacting us once your application has updated to approved, so that we can refer this to our financial hardship to process your claim.

Thanks,
Tina
Reply 49
Thank you for your response
Reply 50
Original post by Leap80
Thank you for your response

OK, what's frustrating is that financial hardship cant help yet until I get the full entitlement from sfe and was referred in the meantime to get help from uni whilst waiting for it to be assessed and now the uni has even turned me down for student funding.

The full entitlement seems to be the stumbling block to everything, hope it gets resolved soon

Thanks
Reply 51
Original post by Leap80
OK, what's frustrating is that financial hardship cant help yet until I get the full entitlement from sfe and was referred in the meantime to get help from uni whilst waiting for it to be assessed and now the uni has even turned me down for student funding.

The full entitlement seems to be the stumbling block to everything, hope it gets resolved soon

Thanks

Heres a a rejection letter from uni
Original post by Leap80

Thanks

Hi,

I can see this can be frustrating, unfortunately each university will assess applications for assistance based on their own criteria, some universities do need the application to be fully assessed before they can review for additional support.

Once your application has been updated, you can contact them again with the new details.

Thanks,
Tina
Reply 53
OK thank you
Reply 54
Original post by Leap80
OK thank you

Morning,
I've had my full entitlement assessed and it appears to be rather little as I aslo asked for it to be income assessed and I'm gathering they've taken the overpayment too although I have not been notified of it yet.

How do I go about contacting financial hardship? Shall I send an email back to them via that email account they got hold of me?

I'm scheduled an interim payment on Friday 16th Dec so if I were to get hold of my financial hardship would this stop my payment on the 16th in order for them to reassess the whole overpayment thing?
If not from the time, I email them which will be today how long will they take to reassess the whole thing bearing in mind I've already sent them tons of evidence and got a reply from them to get in touch. Will I have to resend them?

Would really like your response.

Thanks
Original post by Leap80
Morning,
I've had my full entitlement assessed and it appears to be rather little as I aslo asked for it to be income assessed and I'm gathering they've taken the overpayment too although I have not been notified of it yet.

How do I go about contacting financial hardship? Shall I send an email back to them via that email account they got hold of me?

I'm scheduled an interim payment on Friday 16th Dec so if I were to get hold of my financial hardship would this stop my payment on the 16th in order for them to reassess the whole overpayment thing?
If not from the time, I email them which will be today how long will they take to reassess the whole thing bearing in mind I've already sent them tons of evidence and got a reply from them to get in touch. Will I have to resend them?

Would really like your response.

Thanks

Hi,

Your scheduled payment should go ahead as expected whilst your financial hardship claim is reviewed.

You can email the team directly or call SFE to advise that you would like to continue your claim and this will be referred to the financial hardship team to review for you. You don't need to resend documents you have previously provided.

Currently the team are working on emails in an estimated timescale of around 10 working days.

Thanks,
Tina
Reply 56
Original post by Tina Oliver SLC
Hi,

Your scheduled payment should go ahead as expected whilst your financial hardship claim is reviewed.

You can email the team directly or call SFE to advise that you would like to continue your claim and this will be referred to the financial hardship team to review for you. You don't need to resend documents you have previously provided.

Currently the team are working on emails in an estimated timescale of around 10 working days.

Thanks,
Tina

OK thanks
Reply 57
Original post by Leap80
OK thanks

Afternoon,
This is odd, I had my full entitlement assessed, approved and confirmed yesterday on 13rd Dec and thus morning it went back to "processing your applications" no further actions to be done on my behalf and the expected update, which was removed when approved and back on now to 16th Dec to 21st Dec I called sfe this the operator said its odd but looking into and said that GFD high level escalations are doing their final checks and will be get back to me.

On the finance column, the expected payment is still showing with an interim payment on 16th Dec stating scheduled. Its very confusing once min you get approved and the next day its gone back a step.
My question is what is gonna happen? Will I still get my interim payment on Friday 16th as stated on the account and also why one min approved then now looking into it again by GFD.

On the positive note, I got hold of financial hardship yest once I got my full entitlment approved and got a standard email saying that they will respond within 20 working days etc.

Any clarity on this matter please. Thanks
Original post by Leap80
Afternoon,
This is odd, I had my full entitlement assessed, approved and confirmed yesterday on 13rd Dec and thus morning it went back to "processing your applications" no further actions to be done on my behalf and the expected update, which was removed when approved and back on now to 16th Dec to 21st Dec I called sfe this the operator said its odd but looking into and said that GFD high level escalations are doing their final checks and will be get back to me.

On the finance column, the expected payment is still showing with an interim payment on 16th Dec stating scheduled. Its very confusing once min you get approved and the next day its gone back a step.
My question is what is gonna happen? Will I still get my interim payment on Friday 16th as stated on the account and also why one min approved then now looking into it again by GFD.

On the positive note, I got hold of financial hardship yest once I got my full entitlment approved and got a standard email saying that they will respond within 20 working days etc.

Any clarity on this matter please. Thanks

Hi there,

If your application is reviewed by more than one team this can cause a little back and forth between the two to resolve any issues.

You should still receive the payment as expected, providing we have received the confirmation of registration from the university. If the status shows as awaiting confirmation, this means the university hasn't sent this yet and could delay the payment.

Thanks,
Tina
Reply 59
Original post by Tina Oliver SLC
Hi there,

If your application is reviewed by more than one team this can cause a little back and forth between the two to resolve any issues.

You should still receive the payment as expected, providing we have received the confirmation of registration from the university. If the status shows as awaiting confirmation, this means the university hasn't sent this yet and could delay the payment.

Thanks,
Tina

OK thanks, it is still showing as awaiting confirmation. Well, I've registered since Sept and have been attending ever since. Is there any way I can get hold of the uni to get them to sort if so which department do I get in touch with? Rather than waiting for them to do it as the 16th is 2 days away as I know they closing for Christmas break on 16th Dec at 12pm.
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending