The Student Room Group

Request of an early maintenance loan payment

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Leap80
OK thanks, it is still showing as awaiting confirmation. Well, I've registered since Sept and have been attending ever since. Is there any way I can get hold of the uni to get them to sort if so which department do I get in touch with? Rather than waiting for them to do it as the 16th is 2 days away as I know they closing for Christmas break on 16th Dec at 12pm.
Thanks

Hi,

I'd recommend speaking with the student services team in the first instance, usually the admissions or finance team will send the confirmation of registration over but as each university can be slightly different, student services is a good place to start.

Thanks,
Tina
Reply 61
Original post by Tina Oliver SLC
Hi,

I'd recommend speaking with the student services team in the first instance, usually the admissions or finance team will send the confirmation of registration over but as each university can be slightly different, student services is a good place to start.

Thanks,
Tina

OK thanks, I've sent her email now, funny enough I had to do the same procedure last year to get a confirmation of registration so let's hope she gets back to me at some point tomorrow.
Once again, thanks ever so much for your guidance and prompt response. Will get back on here if I have further queries.

Thanks
Reply 62
Original post by Leap80
OK thanks, I've sent her email now, funny enough I had to do the same procedure last year to get a confirmation of registration so let's hope she gets back to me at some point tomorrow.
Once again, thanks ever so much for your guidance and prompt response. Will get back on here if I have further queries.

Thanks

Hi, my interim payment is scheduled for 20th Dec as scheduled, got in touch with my student academic fees and they said that my registration was already confirmed and they will do it manually again which was 2 days ago. But it still says "schedule" surely by now as they payment date is looming around the corner the status should move onto "payment in progress or preparing it" I mean 2.days ago it was scheduled for 16th and now pushed onto 20th. Its all been approved etc.
Thanks
Original post by Leap80
Hi, my interim payment is scheduled for 20th Dec as scheduled, got in touch with my student academic fees and they said that my registration was already confirmed and they will do it manually again which was 2 days ago. But it still says "schedule" surely by now as they payment date is looming around the corner the status should move onto "payment in progress or preparing it" I mean 2.days ago it was scheduled for 16th and now pushed onto 20th. Its all been approved etc.
Thanks

Hi there,

As I can only provide general information here I'd be unable to provide specific details regarding your payment.

You can check that we have received the confirmation of registration and the current payment status by contacting us directly via phone or live chat.

Thanks,
Tina
Reply 64
Hi there,

As I can only provide general information here I'd be unable to provide specific details regarding your payment.

You can check that we have received the confirmation of registration and the current payment status by contacting us directly via phone or live chat.

Thanks,
Tina

Hi, I've had my full entitlement assessed and approved on Thursday, so it has been divided into the usual 3 instalments with the first one stated as "interim" due on 20th Dec it has been like this since Thursday saying scheduled, got hold of my uni and asked them confirm my registration to sfe which they said they did but nothing has changed. Still saying " schedule" surely by now with the payment due on Tuesday 20th the stays shoukd changed to "payment in progress" I can't see it changing overnight on Monday for the payment to hit my account on Tuesday.

On the other hand, I also had my financial hardship approved ( copy attached) so what will happen? Will they review my entitlement without taking the overpayment on 20th?presumably the full entitlement approved prior to the financial hardship been deferred was the one with the overpayment already taken out?

Confused? So am I. What would happen now? A reassessed full entitlement or still the one supposedly scheduled on the 20th Dec?

Any clarity please
Thanks
Reply 65
Original post by Leap80
Hi, I've had my full entitlement assessed and approved on Thursday, so it has been divided into the usual 3 instalments with the first one stated as "interim" due on 20th Dec it has been like this since Thursday saying scheduled, got hold of my uni and asked them confirm my registration to sfe which they said they did but nothing has changed. Still saying " schedule" surely by now with the payment due on Tuesday 20th the stays shoukd changed to "payment in progress" I can't see it changing overnight on Monday for the payment to hit my account on Tuesday.

On the other hand, I also had my financial hardship approved ( copy attached) so what will happen? Will they review my entitlement without taking the overpayment on 20th?presumably the full entitlement approved prior to the financial hardship been deferred was the one with the overpayment already taken out?

Confused? So am I. What would happen now? A reassessed full entitlement or still the one supposedly scheduled on the 20th Dec?

Any clarity please
Thanks

Heres a copy of financial hardship deferral
Reply 66
Original post by Leap80
Heres a copy of financial hardship deferral

And my registration was already confirmed on Thursday 15th Dec but as for today 18th Dec. Status still saying "schedule" surely by now should move on to "payment in progress" with it being Tuesday 20th Dec.

Today in the morning it was saying "schedule" and now it's lunchtime on 18th Dec exactly 12:38 it says this "attached below"
Original post by Leap80
And my registration was already confirmed on Thursday 15th Dec but as for today 18th Dec. Status still saying "schedule" surely by now should move on to "payment in progress" with it being Tuesday 20th Dec.

Today in the morning it was saying "schedule" and now it's lunchtime on 18th Dec exactly 12:38 it says this "attached below"

Hi there,

Thanks for the details. As the financial hardship team have agreed to defer your overpayment your payment schedule will update to show your full loan entitlement. This can take up to 5 working days to fully update, so it's normal for the details to be a little out of sync until that happens.

Thanks,
Tina
Reply 68
Hi there,

Thanks for the details. As the financial hardship team have agreed to defer your overpayment your payment schedule will update to show your full loan entitlement. This can take up to 5 working days to fully update, so it's normal for the details to be a little out of sync until that happens.

Thanks,
Tina

OK. Many thanks
Reply 69
Original post by Leap80
OK. Many thanks

So I presume once the full loan has been established I should also be getting an interim payment before january instalment or am I being ahead of myself?
Thanks
Original post by Leap80
So I presume once the full loan has been established I should also be getting an interim payment before january instalment or am I being ahead of myself?
Thanks

Hi,

That would usually be the case yes. Any top up payments are usually issued in around 3-5 working days, however as we are approaching some holiday closures I'd recommend allowing a little more time in case it is delayed.

Thanks,
Tina
Reply 71
OK thanks for your response
Reply 72
Original post by Leap80
OK thanks for your response

Afternoon,
Rang sfe this morning and been told that my payment has been submitted manually since 19th Dec although there isn't any update on my account. They've said there's a problem updating it 🤔. This is a reassessed full entitlement after financial hardship was accepted.

What does "submitted" means seen as there's lots of different status stage when it comes to student maintenance and how long will a manual payment take before reaching my bank as it was submitted since 19th Dec.

Thanks
Reply 73
Original post by Leap80
Afternoon,
Rang sfe this morning and been told that my payment has been submitted manually since 19th Dec although there isn't any update on my account. They've said there's a problem updating it 🤔. This is a reassessed full entitlement after financial hardship was accepted.

What does "submitted" means seen as there's lots of different status stage when it comes to student maintenance and how long will a manual payment take before reaching my bank as it was submitted since 19th Dec.

Thanks

Is " submitted" same as "payment in progress"?
Thanks
Original post by Leap80
Is " submitted" same as "payment in progress"?
Thanks

Hi,

Submitted means that the payment has been submitted to the bank and is in progress, your online account may show a new payment date based on this.

The time it takes to be received will depend on the bank itself, this is usually in around 3-5 working days.

Thanks,
Tina
Reply 75
Hi,

Submitted means that the payment has been submitted to the bank and is in progress, your online account may show a new payment date based on this.

The time it takes to be received will depend on the bank itself, this is usually in around 3-5 working days.

Thanks,
Tina

OK, thanks for your reply
Reply 76
Original post by Leap80
OK, thanks for your reply

Hi,
I was told by an advisor last Tuesday that a manual payment had been submitted which will take 3 to 5 working days, I understand we've all had festivity period but surely that "5 working day" is due today but haven't received anything nor even the usual text that says " your money will be in your account in a couple of days". Rang again today and was told to carry on waiting. Isn't it a bit off surely it should be in by now.

Thanks
Original post by Leap80
Hi,
I was told by an advisor last Tuesday that a manual payment had been submitted which will take 3 to 5 working days, I understand we've all had festivity period but surely that "5 working day" is due today but haven't received anything nor even the usual text that says " your money will be in your account in a couple of days". Rang again today and was told to carry on waiting. Isn't it a bit off surely it should be in by now.

Thanks

Hi there,

Due to the multiple bank holidays over the Christmas period this may take longer than expected. Our telephone advisers will have the most up to date information regarding the payment status as they will have access to your account to confirm this for you.

Thanks,
Tina
Reply 78
Hi there,

Due to the multiple bank holidays over the Christmas period this may take longer than expected. Our telephone advisers will have the most up to date information regarding the payment status as they will have access to your account to confirm this for you.

Thanks,
Tina

I know but payment was submitted on 19th Dec, surely 5 working days taking into account Monday 26 and Tuesday 27th as bank Holidays and 5th working day from 19th should be today shouldn't it? Or am I not counting correctly?

Thanks
Original post by Leap80
I know but payment was submitted on 19th Dec, surely 5 working days taking into account Monday 26 and Tuesday 27th as bank Holidays and 5th working day from 19th should be today shouldn't it? Or am I not counting correctly?

Thanks

Hi,

Today would be working day 5 if the payment was submitted on the 19th. This may still be delayed depending on the bank used and any backlog following the closures. You may be able to see an updated payment date on your online account payment schedule.

Thanks,
Tina

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending