The Student Room Group

Request of an early maintenance loan payment

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Tina Oliver SLC
Hi,

Today would be working day 5 if the payment was submitted on the 19th. This may still be delayed depending on the bank used and any backlog following the closures. You may be able to see an updated payment date on your online account payment schedule.

Thanks,
Tina

OK, I see what you mean its just so frustrating as I've been dealing with this since late sept and along the way I've been told different scenarios etc. What I find off is that the next instalment is due on the 4th Jan which i presume will be an automated one as opposed to the interim manual. One I've been waiting for since the 19th Dec.

It's day 6 today (29th Dec) so far nothing has gone into my account with tomorrow 30th being the last working day of the year then week ends and another bank holiday on Monday, am I being skeptical thinking I'm getting fobbed of different advisors surely 5 working days including bank Holidays has gone, we're on the 6th day today I hear what you said about the backlog surely if its a bank giro credit as they normally do it should be here by now.

Is there any chance it can hit my account anytime throughout the day seen as it is a manual payment or today is just another write off. Its frustrating as I've got bills, rent to pay that's all.

The advisors on the phone cant see any update other than the note left on my financial hardship being deferred and that manual payment made on the 19th and also apparenly there's an error on my account nothing can get updated nor will I see any that includes themselves on their system. The only thing they csn see is the hardship note being accepted and payment made submitted on the 19th Dec.

Im going to try call again at some point see what they what they will tell, I just don't think I will get it on Friday.

Thanks
Original post by Leap80
OK, I see what you mean its just so frustrating as I've been dealing with this since late sept and along the way I've been told different scenarios etc. What I find off is that the next instalment is due on the 4th Jan which i presume will be an automated one as opposed to the interim manual. One I've been waiting for since the 19th Dec.

It's day 6 today (29th Dec) so far nothing has gone into my account with tomorrow 30th being the last working day of the year then week ends and another bank holiday on Monday, am I being skeptical thinking I'm getting fobbed of different advisors surely 5 working days including bank Holidays has gone, we're on the 6th day today I hear what you said about the backlog surely if its a bank giro credit as they normally do it should be here by now.

Is there any chance it can hit my account anytime throughout the day seen as it is a manual payment or today is just another write off. Its frustrating as I've got bills, rent to pay that's all.

The advisors on the phone cant see any update other than the note left on my financial hardship being deferred and that manual payment made on the 19th and also apparenly there's an error on my account nothing can get updated nor will I see any that includes themselves on their system. The only thing they csn see is the hardship note being accepted and payment made submitted on the 19th Dec.

Im going to try call again at some point see what they what they will tell, I just don't think I will get it on Friday.

Thanks

Hi there,

I'm sorry that you're still having issues with the payment. If the payment has been submitted manually this can clear at any time of the day, usually by 5pm. Unfortunately as I can provide general information only here, I can't offer any assurances on this, our telephone advisers will be best placed to provide the most up to date information.

Thanks,
Tina
Reply 82
Hi there,

I'm sorry that you're still having issues with the payment. If the payment has been submitted manually this can clear at any time of the day, usually by 5pm. Unfortunately as I can provide general information only here, I can't offer any assurances on this, our telephone advisers will be best placed to provide the most up to date information.

Thanks,
Tina

Hi, just wondering as the maintenance loan is due to be paid out tomorrow would I receive a text like normal even tho my payment will be done manually as theonli e account hasn't been updated due to some errors and I've had an email from GFD high escalations on the 29th Dec indicating that I've got a payment due on 4th Jan as well as 17th April.

Thanks
Reply 83
Original post by Leap80
Hi, just wondering as the maintenance loan is due to be paid out tomorrow would I receive a text like normal even tho my payment will be done manually as theonli e account hasn't been updated due to some errors and I've had an email from GFD high escalations on the 29th Dec indicating that I've got a payment due on 4th Jan as well as 17th April.

Thanks

Morning,

This is what baffles me tofay, got this email from GFD high level escalations on 29th December informing me of my invoking payment as there is an error with my online account that they can't seem to fix.

I've attached a copy above, usually maintenance loan goes in by half midnight 1ish in the morning so far it's nearly half 2 as you can probably notice at the time I'm writing this email that I'm very stressed as I have bills, rent overdue today that I have psopotned for nearly 3 weeks and today is pretty much the final straw.

I really don't know what's going on will I still get it today I mean is there any chance that it could still go in my account before 5pm?

Thanks
Original post by Leap80
Morning,

This is what baffles me tofay, got this email from GFD high level escalations on 29th December informing me of my invoking payment as there is an error with my online account that they can't seem to fix.

I've attached a copy above, usually maintenance loan goes in by half midnight 1ish in the morning so far it's nearly half 2 as you can probably notice at the time I'm writing this email that I'm very stressed as I have bills, rent overdue today that I have psopotned for nearly 3 weeks and today is pretty much the final straw.

I really don't know what's going on will I still get it today I mean is there any chance that it could still go in my account before 5pm?

Thanks

Hi there,

Unfortunately I'd be unable to confirm any details as I can provide general information only and unable to access a customer account to check specific details.

As I would be unable to provide accurate guidance without account access in your situation, I'd recommend contacting the team directly for an update on your payment.

Thanks,
Tina
Reply 85
Hi there,

Unfortunately I'd be unable to confirm any details as I can provide general information only and unable to access a customer account to check specific details.

As I would be unable to provide accurate guidance without account access in your situation, I'd recommend contacting the team directly for an update on your payment.

Thanks,
Tina

Any idea how long a manual payment takes?
Thanks
Original post by Leap80
Any idea how long a manual payment takes?
Thanks

Hi,

This will depend on how this has been requested, for example financial hardship manual payment requests can take up to 11 working days, however if a system error is preventing payments this will be requested by our assessing team and follow a different process. An assessor should note the account if this is required, which will be visible to our advisers once account access is gained.

Thanks,
Tina
Reply 87
Hi,

This will depend on how this has been requested, for example financial hardship manual payment requests can take up to 11 working days, however if a system error is preventing payments this will be requested by our assessing team and follow a different process. An assessor should note the account if this is required, which will be visible to our advisers once account access is gained.

Thanks,
Tina

Just to let anyone whos helped me along the way with their guidance, word of wisdom etc particularly Tina Oliver that everything has been resolved and got my funding yesterday evening.

Many thanks to you all
Original post by Leap80
Just to let anyone whos helped me along the way with their guidance, word of wisdom etc particularly Tina Oliver that everything has been resolved and got my funding yesterday evening.

Many thanks to you all

Glad to hear you've received your payment.

Take care.

Tina
Reply 89
Hi, I'm about to start a blended degree at Arden univeristy starting in May this year, the course is BSc Hons accounting and finance which consists of 2 days of face tog ace class with lecturer ( 4 hours a day a total of 8 hours a week) with 25 hours of self studying and classes will take place in Manchester. Just wondering will I be entitled to tuition fees as well as maintenance loan as the course starts in May I've already applied for student finance but the usual breakdown of student maintenance is in 3 instalments ( Sept, Jan and April)

If I'm entitled to get both tuition fees loan and maintenance, how will it work bearing in mind that the course starts in Mid/end of may. Does SF class this degree( a full time blended at Arden for 3 years) on the same level as the more traditional university route.

My main concern is will I be entitled to tuition fees loan and maintenance loan if so as the course commence in May how would the 3 instalments of maintenance loan be spread?

Any clarity from any student finance experts or whoever may know the answer.

Thanks
Original post by Leap80
Hi, I'm about to start a blended degree at Arden univeristy starting in May this year, the course is BSc Hons accounting and finance which consists of 2 days of face tog ace class with lecturer ( 4 hours a day a total of 8 hours a week) with 25 hours of self studying and classes will take place in Manchester. Just wondering will I be entitled to tuition fees as well as maintenance loan as the course starts in May I've already applied for student finance but the usual breakdown of student maintenance is in 3 instalments ( Sept, Jan and April)
If I'm entitled to get both tuition fees loan and maintenance, how will it work bearing in mind that the course starts in Mid/end of may. Does SF class this degree( a full time blended at Arden for 3 years) on the same level as the more traditional university route.
My main concern is will I be entitled to tuition fees loan and maintenance loan if so as the course commence in May how would the 3 instalments of maintenance loan be spread?
Any clarity from any student finance experts or whoever may know the answer.
Thanks

Hi there,

Is it the 4 year version of the course at full time? Can you also confirm do you have any previous study? Thanks, Jason
Reply 91
It's a 3 year version yes I've had previous studies so might have a year left of tuition fees left and will fund the rest of the years myself but was wondering if I will be entitled to any maintenance loan. Thanks
Reply 92
Original post by Leap80
It's a 3 year version yes I've had previous studies so might have a year left of tuition fees left and will fund the rest of the years myself but was wondering if I will be entitled to any maintenance loan. Thanks

Yes 3 year course full time blended one
Reply 93
Original post by Leap80
Yes 3 year course full time blended one

Was also wondering if I'm indeed entitled for a maintenance loan for a blended degree in BSc accounting and Finance from Arden university how would the 3 instalments maintenance load work seen as the course starts on may this year.

I know the standard university is usually Sept, january and April if I'm correct so how would it work with Arden?
Your response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Original post by Leap80
Was also wondering if I'm indeed entitled for a maintenance loan for a blended degree in BSc accounting and Finance from Arden university how would the 3 instalments maintenance load work seen as the course starts on may this year.
I know the standard university is usually Sept, january and April if I'm correct so how would it work with Arden?
Your response will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Hi there,

Have you made an application online yet? If not we'd definitely recommend doing this as soon as you can. It's just that way we can tell you for sure if you're entitled to a Maintenance Loan.

It sounds like you should be, but we'd need to see the application to say for definite.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login
Reply 95
I've made an application for student finance already and I'm expecting to get an unconditional offer from Arden this coming week. I made an application to study a different course at different university which was approved but I have decided that Arden would be ideal for me as I can continue working and studying at the same time with flexibility. So I'm about to go on my online account to change my course and uni but will probably do it next week when I get a confirmation of unconditional offer with Arden if that makes sense.

Thanks
Reply 96
Original post by Leap80
I've made an application for student finance already and I'm expecting to get an unconditional offer from Arden this coming week. I made an application to study a different course at different university which was approved but I have decided that Arden would be ideal for me as I can continue working and studying at the same time with flexibility. So I'm about to go on my online account to change my course and uni but will probably do it next week when I get a confirmation of unconditional offer with Arden if that makes sense.
Thanks

And another I wanted a bit of clarity is that although I have applied for maintenance loan for a different course at different uni I'm now wanting to change it to Arden to study BSc accounting and finance but cant seem to be able to change online other than suggesting to fill in the change of circumstance form and send it to yourselves which I will do.

The course I intend to study at Arden Uni will start in May this year but SF normally gives maintenance in loan in 3 instalments ( Sept, Jan and April) so with my course commencing in mid/end of may how would the instalments be spread? Do I need to inform SF about my course starting in may instead of sept or shall I just leave it as such once I'm registered with Arden it will get updated automatically? I'm a bit confused to what I should be doing.

One thing I need to do ASAP is change the course and uni filling in that change of circumstance as it doesn't allow me changing it online.

Any clarity on the matter from any experts?
Thanks
Original post by Leap80
And another I wanted a bit of clarity is that although I have applied for maintenance loan for a different course at different uni I'm now wanting to change it to Arden to study BSc accounting and finance but cant seem to be able to change online other than suggesting to fill in the change of circumstance form and send it to yourselves which I will do.
The course I intend to study at Arden Uni will start in May this year but SF normally gives maintenance in loan in 3 instalments ( Sept, Jan and April) so with my course commencing in mid/end of may how would the instalments be spread? Do I need to inform SF about my course starting in may instead of sept or shall I just leave it as such once I'm registered with Arden it will get updated automatically? I'm a bit confused to what I should be doing.
One thing I need to do ASAP is change the course and uni filling in that change of circumstance as it doesn't allow me changing it online.
Any clarity on the matter from any experts?
Thanks

Hi Leap,

Was the original course you applied for in the same academic year 23/24? If it doesn't allow you to do it online then please complete the form and upload this to your account (if the original course hadn't started). Thanks, Jason
Reply 98
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Leap,
Was the original course you applied for in the same academic year 23/24? If it doesn't allow you to do it online then please complete the form and upload this to your account (if the original course hadn't started). Thanks, Jason

OK thanks
Reply 99
Original post by Leap80
OK thanks

I've got the change of course form etc will do so and upload it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending