The Student Room Group

is private halls worth it?

Hi all,

im wanting to study at Royal Holloway, however unlike some unis it doesnt have studio accommodation. As someone who is extremely socially anxious and needs a lot of time to myself I would've ideally wanted a studio.

there are private halls nearby, but the studio option is about £40 more a week. i could just afford it with my student finance at a real stretch. they would also let me have my car, which would be a real benefit!!

so just wondering what other people's experience is with this sort of thing, and if you had any advice. thanks :smile:
Original post by lydska
Hi all,

im wanting to study at Royal Holloway, however unlike some unis it doesnt have studio accommodation. As someone who is extremely socially anxious and needs a lot of time to myself I would've ideally wanted a studio.

there are private halls nearby, but the studio option is about £40 more a week. i could just afford it with my student finance at a real stretch. they would also let me have my car, which would be a real benefit!!

so just wondering what other people's experience is with this sort of thing, and if you had any advice. thanks :smile:

Hi lydska,
There's certainly a lot to consider, especially if you have your heart set on a studio. Studios do tend to be more expensive but you have to consider what you're getting included - your own kitchen/ensuite, access to additional facilities that private halls have (i.e. communal spaces) and as you mentioned, your car! It may be worth looking at a number of private halls in the area you'd like to live in and compare the prices and what they offer. You may find one even better than your current choice.

Hope this helps.

- Sophie
Original post by lydska
Hi all,

Hi what hall was the studio in as I’m in the same situation
Original post by lydska
Hi all,
Hi Iydska,

There are lots of options for you, both on and off campus so you can find a place that’s ideal for every stage of your studies! Whether you're looking to live in our halls of residence, travel to campus from where you already live or find private accommodation in the local area, you’ll always feel at home at Royal Holloway: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/student-life/accommodation/

There are many private housing options to choose from in Englefield Green, Egham or the neighbouring towns of Windsor and Staines-upon-Thames. Click here for our top tips on finding a place to live in and around the local area: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/student-life/accommodation/private-housing/

Our students know us better than anyone and can tell you all about life at Royal Holloway, from what their courses are like, to accommodation options and what’s available on campus, free to chat to one of our students here: https://royalholloway.ac.uk/chat?unibuddy=blog/post/65f34ed1fb0bd65b7263b688

I hope this helps!

Best wishes,
Royal Holloway, University of London Rep
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending