The Student Room Group

**** this school!

who else agrees?
Do you mean your school?

I mean school in general is bad. It's just building children to be robots with little creativity and critical thinking. They make grades seem like its their life and soul when all it does is damage their ability to learn properly. We are taught to memorise, not learn and understand. They tell us to sacrifice our free time to revise like mad just to receive a number on a piece of paper. It's not just primary and secondary, it's college and likely university too. Whenever my teachers give us problems that should improve our problem-solving skills, all of my class gets stuck. To let you know, we're the highest set. Why? Because of how we've been taught. We weren't taught to think for ourselves - to be curious. No, we're taught to be submissive.
Are you talking about your school? If so how can we agree or disagree if we don't know what your/the school is? (Wouldn't not recommend revealing your school name btw).
My Y7-Y11 school was pretty bad though, can agree with that, only thing that they could get somewhat right was the school dinners and exams.
Reply 4
Original post by Talkative Toad
My Y7-Y11 school was pretty bad though, can agree with that, only thing that they could get somewhat right was the school dinners and exams.

yess, but I mean I am not sure if it is ok to tell my school name I mean I could. But either way it just my school is so biased and yess the lunches are so baddddd....and yea...etc..
Original post by meiyah
yess, but I mean I am not sure if it is ok to tell my school name I mean I could. But either way it just my school is so biased and yess the lunches are so baddddd....and yea...etc..

Yeah I wouldn't state your school and fair enough. Every school has positives and negatives it seems.
Reply 6
Yeah I wouldn't state your school and fair enough. Every school has positives and negatives it seems.

yea...anyway soo you seeem like an important person on here.
like how would you get reps?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by meiyah
yea...anyway soo you seeem like an important person on here.
like how would you get reps?

Wouldn't consider myself to be "important" but you get rep via having people rep (liking/giving a thumbs up) to your posts or via winning it in some TSR threads where rep prizes are available or you can receive personal rep.
Reply 8
Wouldn't consider myself to be "important" but you get rep via having people rep (liking/giving a thumbs up) to your posts or via winning it in some TSR threads where rep prizes are available or you can receive personal rep.

oh ok thanks...But I would say your important. :smile:
Original post by meiyah
oh ok thanks...But I would say your important. :smile:

Why? But thanks for the kind comment.
Reply 10
Why? But thanks for the kind comment.

I would say everyone is important...:smile:
Original post by meiyah
I would say everyone is important...:smile:

Ah ok, doesn't really understand but thanks, yeah some schools suck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending