The Student Room Group

Sixth form help please!???

I'm applying to 5 sixth forms. I don't need to make a decision of which one till results day in august, but i have to apply to them soon with subjects, and I genuinely don't know what to put for them. The subjects I'm definitely taking are maths and geography

School A= boys grammar school but mixed at sixth form - this is the one I've already applied to, and I put maths geography and economics because the other options I have for other schools aren't there.

Pros - no girls really know each other, few friends are going, high standard, lots of sports available to do which is quite important to me, sort of gives private school vibes, easy to access location wise
Cons- if I do not like the subject economics, I have no idea what to take instead as I don't like any other subjects there such as philosophy as they don't do normal re, may feel dumb because everybody's super smart

School B= all girls grammar school- maths, geog and either economics or re.

Pros- easy location to access, some friends considering here,
Cons - no boys, which is good but mainly bad because you're never really in a situation in your life with no boys like at a workplace. You may feel dumb because everyone's super smart, only netball

School C= mixed grammar school, this school makes you take 4 a levels for the first yr which is a good. This school also offers a food 4 im interested in, so I'd probably do that as 4th. I really like re at this school, but economics is equally good. it gives comprehensive vibes, and the entry grades are lower than my current comprehensive school

Pros- lots of enrichment like dofe and stuff, good teachers
Cons- only netball sport, hard to access only by bus once a day which is an hour long

School D=sixth form college, maths, geog, economics, re or criminology

Pros- wide range of people and no little kids. It's quite easy to get too
Cons- lots of ppl from my schl going?, teachers not amazing, not much sport

School E= my own school - probably won't go here because I'm bored of it but maths geog and economics probably.

I just don't know, and ik I have a while, but if anyone has advice or was ever in a similar situation, please let me know :smile:))
Reply 1
i say school a or c, maybe c bc of the 4th a level
Original post by elyonl0001
i say school a or c, maybe c bc of the 4th a level

thanks I'll probs do that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending