The Student Room Group

Picking a Sixth Form

I am very indecisive about what sixth form i should go to. School A is a different school to my secondary so it would be very new to me which I like and there would be new people to meet as i go to School B is an all girls school however I know quite a few girls from School B going to school A so i would still feel comfortable. Yet School B (the all girls school) scored almost double the percentage of grade A and A* then School A. I honestly cant decide and it's so hard to come to a decision if anyone has any advice or any questions please let me know.

EDIT: I think that School A would honestly be boring for me yet good for my education and truthfully i don't think i'll get a's or a*'s. where as school B i might be able to branch out more and make new friends which would be good. Yet if you are a girl going from an all girls school to a mixed school you can understand it will worry about certain things like the difference yet hopefully would be more comfortable over time. And one of the topics on geography in school B curriculum is a topic i learnt in gcse where school b didn't so i would have sort of a head start. Still open to questions and any piece of advice you have .
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by footballxmd
I am very indecisive about what sixth form i should go to. School A is a different school to my secondary so it would be very new to me which I like and there would be new people to meet as i go to School B is an all girls school however I know quite a few girls from School B going to school A so i would still feel comfortable. Yet School B (the all girls school) scored almost double the percentage of grade A and A* then School A. I honestly cant decide and its so hard to come to a decision if anyone has any advice or any questions please let me know.

School B - the only thing that matters is your grades. If studying at a familiar school with familiar teachers and students will help you study better than choose it.
Ultimately, the grades on results day depends on you, not your teacher. Your teacher can only push you to work harder, or make you understand something better, but you need to take the initiative in your own learning. Sure, some schools are more supporting than others - it just means that less students are supported, but students still make full use of their teachers (asking for help after school).
Reply 2
Original post by BankaiGintoki
School B - the only thing that matters is your grades. If studying at a familiar school with familiar teachers and students will help you study better than choose it.
Ultimately, the grades on results day depends on you, not your teacher. Your teacher can only push you to work harder, or make you understand something better, but you need to take the initiative in your own learning. Sure, some schools are more supporting than others - it just means that less students are supported, but students still make full use of their teachers (asking for help after school).

Thankyou so much for your advice
Reply 3
Original post by footballxmd
Thankyou so much for your advice

How did they do in the subjects you want to take? Overall percentages can hide poor departments
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
How did they do in the subjects you want to take? Overall percentages can hide poor departments

Very good point and was wondering myself but unfortunatley they do not post that information anywhere. If they do and i find out i will definatley take that into consideration. Thankyou!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending