The Student Room Group

Chinese and international relations

Is there anyone else applying to study international relations and chinese at university? I only know of two people i know applying and am interested to know how popular the course is. Or how you found the application process.

Is there anyone who is studying the course now or who has graduated with the degree?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
Original post by oeal
Is there anyone else applying to study international relations and chinese at university? I only know of two people i know applying and am interested to know how popular the course is. Or how you found the application process.

Is there anyone who is studying the course now or who has graduated with the degree?

Honestly, I've just come across this post and was shocked to find it so quickly! I'm applying for this course this year and I literally know of nobody else! I'm applying with achieved grades so hopefully, that makes the process less stressful but at the same time I have also selected some pretty ambitious universities. Last year I only held two offers for PPE at LSE and Warwick but I fell out of love with that idea so now I'm doing this (still applying to both of those unis ironically)!
Reply 2
I'm shocked that someone actually responded to this post. Whenever i tried to find more information about this degree in the past i could never find anything. It's nice to know that there are actually others who know the course exists and wants to study it. What other universities have you applied to for the course?
Original post by olukis
Honestly, I've just come across this post and was shocked to find it so quickly! I'm applying for this course this year and I literally know of nobody else! I'm applying with achieved grades so hopefully, that makes the process less stressful but at the same time I have also selected some pretty ambitious universities. Last year I only held two offers for PPE at LSE and Warwick but I fell out of love with that idea so now I'm doing this (still applying to both of those unis ironically)!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by oeal
I'm shocked that someone actually responded to this post. Whenever i tried to find more information about this degree in the past i could never find anything. It's nice to know that there are actually others who know the course exists and wants to study it. What other universities have you applied to for the course?

Well there were only really 4 universities I was interested in that offered the course so my 5th option is a bit of a loose thread but I went for LSE, St. Andrews, Warwick and Bath then at KCL I applied for political economy! How about you?!
Reply 4
I applied to Liverpool, Bath, Warwick, St. Andrew's and Westminster. We applied to 3 of the same universities.

Original post by olukis
Well there were only really 4 universities I was interested in that offered the course so my 5th option is a bit of a loose thread but I went for LSE, St. Andrews, Warwick and Bath then at KCL I applied for political economy! How about you?!
Reply 5
Original post by oeal
I applied to Liverpool, Bath, Warwick, St. Andrew's and Westminster. We applied to 3 of the same universities.

Ha no way! I suspect many people applying for this course will roughly be applying to similar unis it seems to be a massive niche
Reply 6
Yeah I think you're right, so far you're one of the only people I know studying the course. Sorry for the late reply
Original post by olukis
Ha no way! I suspect many people applying for this course will roughly be applying to similar unis it seems to be a massive niche
I have also applied for BSc International Relations and Chinese :smile: do u think its a popular course
Reply 8
Original post by sharpayevens
I have also applied for BSc International Relations and Chinese :smile: do u think its a popular course

Definitely not a popular course from what I have seen so far lmao. Although definitely still competitive amongst applicants at more prestigious unis as they don't have an extortionate amount of spaces available. LSE stats on their site roughly puts it at about 25% receiving offers with roughly 12.5% actually accepting and fulfilling the offer conditions. This was out of the 120/130 students that applied for the course those years. It's crazy
ohh okay! apparently currently there are only 15 people on the course right now when i visited last week and they are going to taiwan instead this year lol
Did you hear back ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending