The Student Room Group

Student Finance Wales Rejection

Hello,

I received this email from SFW:

"Some or all of your residence in Wales during the three year period immediately prior to the first day of the first academic year of your course was wholly or mainly for the purpose of receiving full-time education, and as such excludes you from being eligible for financial support from Student Finance Wales."

This is completely untrue and I'm not sure where in my application they would have made this assumption.

My SFW application was successful, and my DSA and first grant and loan payments have been made and everything was good and then suddenly they change their minds.

My Timeline:

Moved to Wales from England in October 2021 to Swansea where my best friend lives and started looking for work.

August 2022 I am unable to find work as a geologist and decided to study part time software development with the open university in hopes of increasing my employability.

My applications are submitted 16th August 2022.

My course starts October 1st, 2022 but during this time my shared accommodation becomes unsuitable due to my ADHD, anxiety/depression and I move into my mums one bedroom apartment in England on October 10th 2022 temporarily whilst I look for self-contained accommodation in Swansea.

I change my address with SFW

I have applications in for housing in Swansea as of today 18th November 2022.

I have sent this explanation to them via evidence upload on my SFW but having to wait 6 weeks for a response is having pretty bad effect on my mental health. Open university rang me to tell me I will be removed from the course.

Any advice would be great.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending