The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Students in Nottingham (NTU)

I’m a 24 year old female student in Notts, I studied Law with Crim but this year I moved onto the Crim course to slightly lower the workload due to some personal reasons.
Outside of my lovely flatmates and our friends, I’ve not really spoken to many people much due to being too anxious to meet people. I wondered if anybody else is struggling to put themselves out there and if they’d like somebody to talk to. If you’re studying crim at all or if we have similar interests (i really enjoy fitness, a gym partner would be cool) or just want a pal, let me know if you’d like me to reach out and how you’d like me to do that.
Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Hey, how ya doing there? Don’t stress much on not finding or meeting people. Just go out and try to have just some conversations… and you’ll be surprised how friendly people really are they just need some to strike up a convo. And even if it doesn’t go well in the first few tries don’t give up you’ll learn from those. As for me I was also an introvert since 2021 had no friends but after lockdown I wanted to change that and I do have friends here and there now who I can talk to anytime. As you said that you love going to gym, why not just start there… maybe ask someone for a spot of help you correct your form. That’s how I really started 😅. Unfortunately I’m not from UK and I did have offers from NTU in masters in digital marketing but I deferred it to next September😅. And now I also have offers from Cardiff and leeds and because of that the decision to choose uni has become really difficult 😅 for me.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey there, I definitely feel you! (F/22) As I live alone and am quite introverted I also find it hard to speak to people. However, I love meeting new people. What would be your preferred way of communication? :smile:
instagram is always a good choice if that works for you? username is Lifeofpabclo

Original post by Anonymx
Hey there, I definitely feel you! (F/22) As I live alone and am quite introverted I also find it hard to speak to people. However, I love meeting new people. What would be your preferred way of communication? :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I’m a 24 year old female student in Notts, I studied Law with Crim but this year I moved onto the Crim course to slightly lower the workload due to some personal reasons.
Outside of my lovely flatmates and our friends, I’ve not really spoken to many people much due to being too anxious to meet people. I wondered if anybody else is struggling to put themselves out there and if they’d like somebody to talk to. If you’re studying crim at all or if we have similar interests (i really enjoy fitness, a gym partner would be cool) or just want a pal, let me know if you’d like me to reach out and how you’d like me to do that.
Thank you :smile:

Hey 👋

Taking your time when settling into a new course and people is perfectly fine! It took me until my 2nd term to open up a bit and put myself out there when I was at university 😅

I think a great place to start would be to join a society that matches your interests. It'll give you the opportunity to meet people with similar interests and lots of social activities to get involved in. We've got a Criminology Society at NTU that might just be your thing!

I'd recommend taking a look at all of the societies available on the NTSU site to see what you might be interested in 🙌

It's always really difficult to take that first step when putting yourself out there but similar to what @Arkade mentioned - you'll be sure to find lots of friendly people ready to strike up a convo across the university.

Hope that helps 😄

Best wishes,
Gurpreet - NTU Rep
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending