The Student Room Group

NTU or university of Lincoln for accounting and finance ? (2nd year transfer)

I currently have offers for both unis for 2nd year transfer accounting and finance and I’m really stuck on which unis to pick, I’ve visited both and still can’t decided. Which uni would you consider better ? Better employment and more successful alumni?
Original post by yoyo223
I currently have offers for both unis for 2nd year transfer accounting and finance and I’m really stuck on which unis to pick, I’ve visited both and still can’t decided. Which uni would you consider better ? Better employment and more successful alumni?

I haven't had experiences with either, so I am just going by their reputations.

I don't know of anyone who went to Lincoln, but I have friends who went to NTU and they say it's a good uni. From what I can tell, NTU is pretty good in terms of its business school, so you will be in safe hands there.

In terms of location, Lincoln as a destination is flat (figuartively and literally); there is pretty much nothing much going on there. Nottingham on the other hand is more lively, and I have heard stories.

I don't know about the alumni of Lincoln, so I can't comment on the employment prospects. When my friends ended up is kind of varied.

I don't know enough about the accounting courses, so I can't really give a fair comment. However, the modules from both courses are accredited by all of the major accounting bodies, so you would be fine graduating from either. In terms of options, I think Lincoln wins on this. However, a number of the options available at Lincoln would really put me off studying there purely because I hate subjects where I end up waffling a lot.
Reply 2
If you look into rankings Lincoln is better than NTU (Lincoln for 2023= 34th, NTU for 2023=62nd).
In terms of student support, that’s something Lincoln is highly praised for, they have a pretty good student oriented approach. I would say they have a pretty good alumni too.

As the previous commenter suggested its a less bustling environment when compared to Nottingham (although I would argue with the term flat in the literal sense given one of the hills is literally named ‘steep hill’).

At the end of the day its up to you, in my opinion Lincoln has the better university and NTU has the more appealing city as there is more going on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending