The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy 2023 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JLH35
I'd prefer Northampton purely for location reasons. One of my interviews is the beginning of March and the second is at the end of March.

Well done on getting offers. Have you decided which one you are going to accept? Best of luck with your access course. I'm sure you'll get the points! When do you find out?

Access Course results will be out in July I believe. A long way to go. :-))) I chose Beds for location and it seems to tick more boxes as well for me.
Original post by LD80
Hi I'm a mature student that's applied to Derby ...a little late in my application so I hope it is still considered! (they said there was still space so I hope so!) Is there a bursary available for this course now or is it just the maintenance loan ?
Laura

I'm not sure about the bursary but you should be able to apply for the NHS Learning Support Fund. The applications opened today.
Reply 22
Original post by LL2468
Heya,

Has anyone else applied to study OT from Sep 2023? If so, have you heard back from any of your uni choices?

Hey! Do you have any updates yet? I’ve had an interview at hudds and Bradford for OT so far x
Reply 23
Original post by Em_1990
Hiya,
I have applied to Bradford, Huddersfield and Leeds Beckett. I have been invited to interviews with Bradford and Huddersfield.

Where have you applied for?

Hey! Do you have any updates yet ? X
Original post by LD80
Hi I'm a mature student that's applied to Derby ...a little late in my application so I hope it is still considered! (they said there was still space so I hope so!) Is there a bursary available for this course now or is it just the maintenance loan ?
Laura

Hi @LD80,
As a student studying occupational therapy you will be eligible for the NHS learning support fund! This is a grant (so you don't have to pay it back) and you should be granted up to £5000 and then a possible extra £3000 depending on circumstances e.g. parental, financial hardship. You will also be eligible for travel and accommodation costs when on placement, this is money you apply for to be reimbursed, so just keep hold of all your receipts and they'll process it for you! This is only whilst on placement though!

This alongside the maintenance loan helps massively, universities often also have a pot of money for financial hardship and they are particularly aware of healthcare students as we don't have the time to work part-time to meet our costs, so everyone definitely look into this if you find yourself in a position without enough to meet your costs! It is there to use!

I've attached the link below direct to the website that gives you more info and links you to the application for the NHS learning support fund!
https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund-lsf

Carina :smile: - University of Southampton Ambassador
3rd Year Student Nurse
Original post by Csc_
Hey! Do you have any updates yet ? X

Hiya,

I was successful at my Huddersfield and Bradford Interviews. Withdrew from Leeds.

I have accepted my place at Huddersfield.

When did you have your interviews? X
Reply 26
Original post by Em_1990
Hiya,

I was successful at my Huddersfield and Bradford Interviews. Withdrew from Leeds.

Hey! Thanks for coming back to me :smile:!
thats amazing news! Huge congrats!!!
I had my interview for Bradford and got my acceptance the same day and I had my interview for Huddersfield yesterday and not heard anything yet. I can’t stop checking my emails!! How soon did you find out from Huddersfield if you don’t mind me asking? X
Original post by Csc_
Hey! Thanks for coming back to me :smile:!
thats amazing news! Huge congrats!!!
I had my interview for Bradford and got my acceptance the same day and I had my interview for Huddersfield yesterday and not heard anything yet. I can’t stop checking my emails!! How soon did you find out from Huddersfield if you don’t mind me asking? X

Congratulations. Which is your preferred option?

Did you have a patient in the interview as well as a tutor for Bradford?

I had my interview with Huddersfield the day they closed for Christmas, so I had a 3 week wait once they reopened in January so 5 with the holidays. Fingers crossed you don't have to wait as long. X
Reply 28
Original post by Em_1990

I had my interview with Huddersfield the day they closed for Christmas, so I had a 3 week wait once they reopened in January so 5 with the holidays. Fingers crossed you don't have to wait as long. X

Thank you!!!

Huddersfield is where I’d really love to go so this wait is AWFUL and it’s only been one day 😂!

Yeah I had the same set up for the Bradford one too ☺️. I liked how Huddersfield did the group session before and gave us examples of the time table, it felt like they really cared.

Aw I bet that was so an awful wait!!!! But definitely worth it! You have done brill! As soon as I find out I’ll have to let you know! X
Original post by Em_1990
Hiya,

Congratulations on your place @Em_1990 🥳️🥳️🥳️

We look forward to welcoming you in September, if you have any questions don't hesitate to get in touch!

Congrats again,
Lewis, Claire & Julie
TSR Team @ UoH
Original post by University of Huddersfield
Congratulations on your place @Em_1990 🥳️🥳️🥳️

We look forward to welcoming you in September, if you have any questions don't hesitate to get in touch!

Congrats again,
Lewis, Claire & Julie
TSR Team @ UoH

Thank you. I'm really looking forward to starting.

Do you know when we would find out our timetables at all? I know I'm asking very early. It is just so I can let my daughters nursery know the days she needs.
Reply 31
Original post by Em_1990

I’ll PM you as soon as I’ve had this account for 3 days I have to wait to enable PM it’s saying! Xx
Original post by Em_1990
Thank you. I'm really looking forward to starting.

Do you know when we would find out our timetables at all? I know I'm asking very early. It is just so I can let my daughters nursery know the days she needs.

We're looking forward to having you join!

Apologies if this answer isn't the outcome you were looking for but unfortunately timetables aren't released until just before the course start date. Timetables are typically worked on all summer so that module clashes don't occur and we can ensure room bookings are made. The course starts 18 September and timetables are sometimes subject to changes for the first two weeks of terms while they get tweaked for efficiency. To check your timetable before you start, you can do so on https://myhud.hud.ac.uk/ - your log in should be a student number you received when you applied (begins with U23xxxxxx with X's being numbers individual to you) your email for this log in is: [email protected] and your password will be your date of birth in ddmmmyy format.

We do have support for student parents, all information can be found on our website: https://students.hud.ac.uk/help/wellbeing/student-parents/

Best wishes,
UoH
Reply 33
Thank you , really helpful info ! I just need to try and gain a place now 🤞
Well done to you all for getting in and good luck in your final year of nursing Carina xx

Original post by Uni of Southampton Students
Hi @LD80,
As a student studying occupational therapy you will be eligible for the NHS learning support fund! This is a grant (so you don't have to pay it back) and you should be granted up to £5000 and then a possible extra £3000 depending on circumstances e.g. parental, financial hardship. You will also be eligible for travel and accommodation costs when on placement, this is money you apply for to be reimbursed, so just keep hold of all your receipts and they'll process it for you! This is only whilst on placement though!

This alongside the maintenance loan helps massively, universities often also have a pot of money for financial hardship and they are particularly aware of healthcare students as we don't have the time to work part-time to meet our costs, so everyone definitely look into this if you find yourself in a position without enough to meet your costs! It is there to use!

I've attached the link below direct to the website that gives you more info and links you to the application for the NHS learning support fund!
https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund-lsf

Carina :smile: - University of Southampton Ambassador
3rd Year Student Nurse
Original post by LilacJo
I made my five uni choices in January for Occupational Therapy. My top choice is Southampton and I’ve had interviews and subsequently offers from the other four choices but other than acknowledgement of my application have heard nothing from Southampton. Are they always slower than other unis does anyone know or is it likely to mean they aren’t interested in me?!

They take 2 - 6 weeks to invite you to interview but since you applied in January, you may hear back on the latter side of the average time.
Reply 35
Original post by Rockstar_cece
They take 2 - 6 weeks to invite you to interview but since you applied in January, you may hear back on the latter side of the average time.

I’ll keep hoping then! A few others at my college have applied to Southampton for healthcare courses and none of them have heard about an interview so I’m hoping there’s just a backlog. I have four other offers and would be happy with any of them but Southampton is my top choice as location just works best for me 🤞🏼
I received an unconditional (well, conditional on health and police checks) offer from Plymouth today!
For those planning to study at a uni in England, the NHS Learning Support Fund is now open to applicants starting in Sep/Oct 2023. More information on who can apply, what financial support you could receive, etc. on this thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7324327
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by isilbell
I received an unconditional (well, conditional on health and police checks) offer from Plymouth today!

I’ve also got an offer from plymouth :smile:
Original post by sienamole
I’ve also got an offer from plymouth :smile:

Oh, congrats! I’ve accepted mine. Have you applied anywhere else? I’m a mature student and need to stay here so I only applied for Plymouth 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending