The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy 2023 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by isilbell
I received an unconditional (well, conditional on health and police checks) offer from Plymouth today!

is this for occupational therapy? i did my interview but haven't heard back.. feeling anxious about it
Original post by gmrgrl88
is this for occupational therapy? i did my interview but haven't heard back.. feeling anxious about it

Hi! Yes, for OT. I had my interview on the 1st and heard back exactly a week later. But I know we were told it could be a few weeks. My course mates who have applied for nursing have waited a good few weeks to hear back, due to admissions being so busy. You could always give them a call if you are anxious? Got to say, the weeks’ wait for me was horrendous!
thank you! just nice i received a conditional offer from them yesterday :smile:
Original post by LilacJo
I’ll keep hoping then! A few others at my college have applied to Southampton for healthcare courses and none of them have heard about an interview so I’m hoping there’s just a backlog. I have four other offers and would be happy with any of them but Southampton is my top choice as location just works best for me 🤞🏼

Hey I’m a physiotherapist applicant for Southampton. It’s my first choice too but it took them 20 days to reply to me (I applied in November) to give me my interview which I had in January. But I’ve been waiting since my interview in January for an offer/rejection so I think they can take a while with each aspect of the application. I’m willing to wait as long as it takes I just pray I hear back soon with a hopeful offer, I’m eligible for contextual so I’m pretending that’s the reason they’re taking longer haha.
I hope you hear back from them soon, I know plenty of people too that are still yet to hear back especially if they applied in January.
Original post by gmrgrl88
thank you! just nice i received a conditional offer from them yesterday :smile:

Fantastic! Congratulations!
Reply 45
Did anyone apply for OT at Cardiff?
Hi ! I've got an unconditional offer for OT at cardiff, held the offer since last year but deferred (for the second time :biggrin:) but 100% going this year and i'm so excited! Anyone else apply for cardiff?
Original post by Em_1990
Hiya,
I have applied to Bradford, Huddersfield and Leeds Beckett. I have been invited to interviews with Bradford and Huddersfield.

Where have you applied for?

wow that sounds nice
Reply 48
Hello!

I've applied for PGDIP OT at LSBU and MSc OT at Brunel. Have received unconditional offer from LSBU, but still waiting for an interview with Brunel!

Wonder if anyone has any guidance on which uni/course may be better out of the two?
Original post by isilbell
I received an unconditional (well, conditional on health and police checks) offer from Plymouth today!

Hello! Do you have any tips for Plymouth MSc occupational therapy interview? Thank you so much
Original post by gloriachan_
Hello! Do you have any tips for Plymouth MSc occupational therapy interview? Thank you so much

Hi Gloria,
We had to think about how we would help different types of people in the group activity. I took charge and thought I’d not get a place (too bossy!) but I think they look for different types of people. I know it’s easy to say but just be yourself!
Reply 51
Has anyone applied for the MSc at Oxford Brookes?
Reply 52
Original post by emsyp6
Has anyone applied for the MSc at Oxford Brookes?

I am going there for OT in September but for the BSc :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by L56678
I am going there for OT in September but for the BSc :smile:

Well done!! How long was it after your interview that you found out? I have my interview last week and the wait is killing me!
Reply 54
Original post by emsyp6
Well done!! How long was it after your interview that you found out? I have my interview last week and the wait is killing me!

I think it was around 2 weeks till I heard back, I hope you get good news!
Reply 55
Original post by L56678
I think it was around 2 weeks till I heard back, I hope you get good news!

I got offered a place! 🥳 Sounds like the MSc and BSc share quite a few lectures, so I'll see you there!!
Has anyone been accepted to the MSc OT at UCLan?
Reply 57
Congrats on the offer! See you in September! :smile:

Original post by emsyp6
I got offered a place! 🥳 Sounds like the MSc and BSc share quite a few lectures, so I'll see you there!!
Reply 58
Original post by L56678
Congrats on the offer! See you in September! :smile:

Yeah at my uni they do. Though we have more modules with Physios
Reply 59
Right now I am in ARUL for health and social care foundation year. Im going to trasnfer to occupational at another university in London so far my only options are UEL and brunel. However brunel is too far for me whereas UEL is 30 miuntes by bus. I missed the deadline for St.George and LSBU are only taking part time students this year. I also need to tell my uni to release my uni application so I can apply for the september start.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending