The Student Room Group

Funding for second degree in diagnostics radiography

Hi all,

I completed a bioscience degree from Manchester and I graduated in 2021.

I have been thinking of my next career step and I'm interested in retraining as a radiographer. I found master's programmes in diagnostic radiography that lasts 2 years, and I know I'm eligible for postgraduate funding. However, would I still be eligible for tuition and maintenance loans if I apply for a BSc in Diagnostic Radiography?
Original post by angela4764
Hi all,

I completed a bioscience degree from Manchester and I graduated in 2021.

I have been thinking of my next career step and I'm interested in retraining as a radiographer. I found master's programmes in diagnostic radiography that lasts 2 years, and I know I'm eligible for postgraduate funding. However, would I still be eligible for tuition and maintenance loans if I apply for a BSc in Diagnostic Radiography?

Hi there, can you confirm the university you'll be studying at? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, can you confirm the university you'll be studying at? Thanks, Jason

Hi, I'm planning to apply to the University of Liverpool, University of Derby and University of Brighton for the masters.

And the University of Salford for the bachelors.
(edited 2 months ago)
Hi, I'm planning to apply to the University of Liverpool, University of Derby and University of Brighton for the masters.

And the University of Salford for the bachelors.

HI Angela,

When are you thinking of starting this course? Would it be full time or part time?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Original post by Claire SFE
HI Angela,

When are you thinking of starting this course? Would it be full time or part time?

Thanks,
Claire

It would be full time and I'm planning on starting it next year at the next intake
It would be full time and I'm planning on starting it next year at the next intake

Hi Angela,

MSc Diagnostic Radiography is one of our postgraduate healthcare courses which means it's funded under our undergraduate finance. It's classed as one of our exception courses currently but we don't yet know the list for 24/25 onwards. Funding would be Tuition Fee Loan, Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants if applicable.

We would suggest applying as soon as applications open which should normally be March time. Keep checking our social media channels and website for further updates.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 6
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi Angela,

MSc Diagnostic Radiography is one of our postgraduate healthcare courses which means it's funded under our undergraduate finance. It's classed as one of our exception courses currently but we don't yet know the list for 24/25 onwards. Funding would be Tuition Fee Loan, Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants if applicable.

We would suggest applying as soon as applications open which should normally be March time. Keep checking our social media channels and website for further updates.

Thanks,
Claire

Thanks Claire,

Would I have to submit an undergraduate finance application or a postgraduate one?
Thanks Claire,

Would I have to submit an undergraduate finance application or a postgraduate one?

Its undergraduate finance we offer so you would apply when applications open for 24/25 which is normally in March.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending