The Student Room Group

spanish revision

hie guys can anyone give me tips of studying GCSE spanish currently in yr 11
Original post by Constanc
hie guys can anyone give me tips of studying GCSE spanish currently in yr 11

I would really advise using some sort of flashcard app like Anki or Quizlet to help you as these are game changers when it comes to learning vocabulary in foreign languages. Not only do you revise material by making these flashcards, but you also have a big set of questions to help you learn tough words that may not stick in your head. Even if you don't want to make flashcards on your own, you can go find the various sets that people have made online (more so for Quizlet).

As for speaking, I watched tons of videos about how to sound more "spanishy". One of the biggest things I can suggest is that you don't just sound monotonous and sound like you are just reading from a paper (even though you may be!) but put some emotion into what you are saying, like emphasising the intensifiers (for e.g. un poco, bastante, etc.) and opinion phrases.

The most tricky in my opinion is the listening as it isn't easy to keep up with the fast speaking people saying so much information at once. The best way to overcome that is to focus on learning the key words that may help you answer the question. This is what really helped me to find answers when the audio is going at like 100mph with tons of information!

Alright, that is all that's coming to the top of my head right now but I hope this helps you do better in Spanish!
Reply 2
Original post by StingRay123
I would really advise using some sort of flashcard app like Anki or Quizlet to help you as these are game changers when it comes to learning vocabulary in foreign languages. Not only do you revise material by making these flashcards, but you also have a big set of questions to help you learn tough words that may not stick in your head. Even if you don't want to make flashcards on your own, you can go find the various sets that people have made online (more so for Quizlet).

As for speaking, I watched tons of videos about how to sound more "spanishy". One of the biggest things I can suggest is that you don't just sound monotonous and sound like you are just reading from a paper (even though you may be!) but put some emotion into what you are saying, like emphasising the intensifiers (for e.g. un poco, bastante, etc.) and opinion phrases.

The most tricky in my opinion is the listening as it isn't easy to keep up with the fast speaking people saying so much information at once. The best way to overcome that is to focus on learning the key words that may help you answer the question. This is what really helped me to find answers when the audio is going at like 100mph with tons of information!

Alright, that is all that's coming to the top of my head right now but I hope this helps you do better in Spanish!

thank you soo much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending