The Student Room Group

Godel's Second Incompleteness theorem, Big Bang, Schizophrenia

So you might ask, what does schizophrenia have to do with the big bang and Godels Second Incompleteness theorem? First of all I hope you're all well. To explain what had actually happened and the link between everything, last year I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia right after a crazy experience/seizure that lasted 5 seconds. I have been studying medicine at university for 4 years and I have always had an interest in physics, philosophy and the 'truth'. I honestly can't believe what has happened in the past year. First of all, I do not believe I have schizophrenia at all! I don't have any delusions, hallucinations or symptoms at all to my awareness. However, last year when I was in bed I had a crazy experience to say the least.

So one day I was laying in bed thinking about the big bang, end of the universe, black holes and came across this theorem in logic called Godel's second incompleteness theorem. Immediately once I understood the theorem and its consequences my mind and life changed FOREVER. Immediately my mind entered a paradox. When the 'idea' was true immediately it was false. Once it was false it immediately came out to be true. Anyone who truly understands Godel's incompleteness theorem understands would know what I mean when I say there is a paradox within logic/mathematics. My body immediately started convulsing and I saw a bright light with ******* angels appear and an orgasmic feeling when the 'idea' was true, followed by the darkest, most painful feeling in the world when it was false. Every time the idea was true it would be false and vice versa, and the light was getting brighter and the darkness was getting darker each time my mind circled through the paradox. An orgasm times a million every time it would turn out true, with a bright light that could outshine the sun, followed by a convulsion in my body every time it would switch followed by a dark, most painful, torturous feeling in the world. Its literally like I found a ******* glitch in the matrix. My mate knocked on my room and I was able to get 'out' of it, but I've been left with a dystonia around my whole body. I'm pretty sure I had a seizure and been left with some brain damage. The situation lasted around 5 seconds and I've never been able to recall what the idea was exactly. All I remember is something about black holes and the big bang and how its all a paradox. I'm pretty sure I became an open individualist right after.

Everyone who I've spoke to thinks I was imagining things! I'm fuming! And then the doctors have the guts to call it schizophrenia! They have no idea what Godel's incompleteness theorem even is. I've been trying to research and find out what might have happened and the closest I have been to the idea was when I was trying to work out the shape of our universe, which also became a paradox, although I immediately forgot why (I believe it was something to do with energy, mass, and time and how its all a paradox, because one of those has to be equal to zero if the other one is infinite and the equations start to break down, same how if you input t=0 into the big bang equations, it gives you an undefined answer, which I think now is Godel's incompleteness theorem at work)/

So I have two questions. First of all has anyone here been working on anything like this? I'm convinced I'm on the verge of a huge discovery here, linking Godel's second incompleteness theorem to the big bang, the universe itself and our idea of who we are as people, however I am very concerned I am maybe wasting my time. Second of all, could all of this just be a delusion? I am scared as I am going to become a doctor soon, and I really don't want this to affect the care I am going to be providing to my patients. Especially when the psychiatrist I am seeing thinks all think this is just schizophrenia. I've spoke to many schizophrenics before and I can assure you I am not like them, and neither are the symptoms I am experiencing. Thank you for your time reading this post and I hope someone else can share their insights on this!
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending