The Student Room Group

cambridge philosophy admissions test 2023

anyone else on here just done the philosophy assessment? if so how did you find it? i thought the logic was pretty hard, found it much more difficult than previous papers i have tried so am wondering if anyone felt the same.
i bottled the essay and puzzle question, it was awful
Original post by coldgiraffe
anyone else on here just done the philosophy assessment? if so how did you find it? i thought the logic was pretty hard, found it much more difficult than previous papers i have tried so am wondering if anyone felt the same.

I also thought the logic was WAY harder than past questions and I ****ed up the essay so badly because I panicked.. those questions were my weakest points.
it was a lot harder than past papers it was insane
Original post by abdull7001
i bottled the essay and puzzle question, it was awful

aw no sorry to hear that. did you pick the first or second essay question? i picked the first and didn't find it too bad, but then realised after i submitted it that i've made a few basic spelling and grammar mistakes which isn't great.
as for the puzzle question i also found it awful, especially the third part. i just ended up guessing on that one because i had run out of time
i picked the second question, i was gonna write about the first but couldn't think of anythng past the intro, i couldn't come up with any sort of back-and-forth in my essay so i just went with the second one because i was more familiar with it
yeah i defo went on a tangent lol but completely had no idea of a starting point for the second one
also what colleges are u guys applying to?
caius, what about you?
caius, what about you?

trinity:smile: so you'll have an online interview right? how you feeling about it? interview prep is scaring me because i haven't finished all the books on my personal statement yet lol
i'm definitely worried, i've finished reading the books in my statement, there were only like 3 anyways. i have a practise interview with my old philosophy teacher on wednesday but i'm just hoping that i don't say anything stupid or stutter too much since it'll be very embarrassing
also what colleges are u guys applying to?

corpus, I'm feeling alright about the interview as I find conversation a lot less stressful than tests
when do we get results for these btw?
yeah conversation is definitely a lot less stressful than the exam. i had a mock interview last week and it was pretty intense although there were some very interesting discussions. i think the best thing to do is try to forget that it is an interview with high stakes (if that is even possible lol) and just try to enjoy it
when do we get results for these btw?

pretty sure we don't find out ever really. if rejected you can request feedback where they will be likely to mention how you did, and if accepted i guess you can just assume it went well! i would love to know how badly i did though so it is quite annoying that you never get a mark

I also found this paper much more difficult than the past ones, and I have no idea how well I did.

Then for the essay I uploaded it without the right filename or my name and ucas ID at the top, so I had to email them to correct it.
i really hope they can fix it </3
I found the logic fairly easy but not the essay yikes....
how did you find the logic?

Original post by peteter
I also found this paper much more difficult than the past ones, and I have no idea how well I did.

Then for the essay I uploaded it without the right filename or my name and ucas ID at the top, so I had to email them to correct it.
i really hope they can fix it </3
Original post by nick010101010
I found the logic fairly easy but not the essay yikes....

Did you get in? What is the weighting afforded to the admissions test?
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymous #1
Did you get in? What is the weighting afforded to the admissions test?

i ended up getting in. there is no official weighting given to the test, they will look at the assessment, interview, predicted grades, and all other aspects of your application holistically. if you do well it will of course help, however if you do badly but have a good interview and other things then the bad test won't discount you. i know it is annoyingly vague but it is just a holistic process with no set weightings.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending