The Student Room Group

A-level Politics Study Group 2022-2023

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Any prediction for what might come up in the exam? Or any topics that are unlikely to come up?
Original post by Aboot
Any prediction for what might come up in the exam? Or any topics that are unlikely to come up?

My teachers reckon something to do with Brexit because of the time frame when they write exams and questions made of two parts (i.e the rely nasty ones with multiple topics) but other than that literally anything
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by flower747
I do, message me

heyy its not allowing me to message but id really appreciate the essay plans aswell. especially for paper 1
Reply 23
Original post by Aboot

Devolution probably won't come up.
Reply 24
Original post by alissaa_khan
heyy its not allowing me to message but id really appreciate the essay plans aswell. especially for paper 1

did you get them?
AQA A-Level Politics Paper 1 - 7152/1 25 May 2023 [Exam chat]

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7347553
Reply 26
Hi, does anyone do AQA politics? What are your predictions for this years paper, I have a feeling judiciary might come up as a 25 marker....
Original post by Evil Homer
Welcome to the A-level Politics Study Group! :woo:

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for your A-level exams this summer

What can I do in these groups?

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support other students who are trying to prepare, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for! :smile:

What can't I do in these groups?

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule :naughty:

Ice Breaker questions if you want to use them!

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)

> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?

> What areas are you struggling with a little?

> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?

Specifications:

AQA - Politics 7152

Edexcel - Politics 9PL0

WJEC - Politics

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yes:

Original post by username5525226
hey guys, does anyone have any planned essay plans for a level politics edexcel or even any past essays that have been written, would be a MASSIVE help please, thank you I do edexcel, a level

Has anyone got an issue with not being able to write 3 points? I cannot for the life of me do 3 for/against, intro, mini conclusion and conclusion in 45 mins, and I’ve done a fair few question. They aren’t particularly long paras I’m just not that fast of a writer. Does anyone know how much this could limit my score?
Reply 28
Original post by Maisax11
Hi, does anyone do AQA politics? What are your predictions for this years paper, I have a feeling judiciary might come up as a 25 marker....

The judiciary came up in the 2022 paper. It was UK judiciary has had an increasingly significant impact on executive and parliament since 1997.” Im not sure it will come up as a 25 marker therefore but it could be a 9 marker ? :smile:
Original post by EllisRobins05
Has anyone got an issue with not being able to write 3 points? I cannot for the life of me do 3 for/against, intro, mini conclusion and conclusion in 45 mins, and I’ve done a fair few question. They aren’t particularly long paras I’m just not that fast of a writer. Does anyone know how much this could limit my score?

i don't think it should limit your score too much, as long as your two points and two counterpoints are very well developed/argued and evidenced and your mini conclusions and conclusion are strong. in examiner's reports on the edexcel website they have shown essays in the past that have reached the L4 and L5 criteria bands that did not do all 3 points with counterpoints, so i think you should be okay. one of my teachers who is an examiner for edexcel said it's better if you do have three developed points and three developed counterpoints, but ultimately if you feel you're running out of time, it's much better to have two points and two counterpoints that you've strongly argued, developed and evidenced well, rather than an unfinished essay where you attempted to do three but did not manage to
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 30
anyone else having a super hard time revising for politics..i used to be so good and now everything has left my brain and i feel so demotivated which is not an option now lol
Reply 31
Does anyone have a bank of 9 mark questions for the US. I have one for the UK I'd be happy to trade for US
Reply 32
Original post by treematrie
anyone else having a super hard time revising for politics..i used to be so good and now everything has left my brain and i feel so demotivated which is not an option now lol

i’m struggling as well i always have been and now i’m nervous 😭
Reply 33
Original post by Hotdog.potato
What paper 3 do you do? I have examples for P1 and P2 if you want them

Hii, could I please also get the examplesss
Reply 34
Original post by mima223
Does anyone have a bank of 9 mark questions for the US. I have one for the UK I'd be happy to trade for US

Hiya
Do you happen to still have this bank? I'm struggling rn with making essay plans for the US paper and I thought maybe seeing what someone else has written might help me with mine?
Reply 35
Original post by username5525226
hey guys, does anyone have any planned essay plans for a level politics edexcel or even any past essays that have been written, would be a MASSIVE help please, thank you I do edexcel, a level

hey- I have loads for Edexcel most of which are worth upwards of 26-28 out of 30 and near full marks on ideologies lmk if you'd like any :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by cwilts25
hey- I have loads for Edexcel most of which are worth upwards of 26-28 out of 30 and near full marks on ideologies lmk if you'd like any :smile:

omg could you plz send those to me as wellll, the highest ive gotten is 21 and i need more😭🙏🙏

please could i have it as well?
Reply 38

please could I have this as well. Thank you very much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending