The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Uni of Bristol - Offer Holders - 2023 Entry

Hi! Who has an offer from the University of Bristol for entry in 2023?

Course:
Grades:
Applied:
Received offer:
Conditions (if applicable):

I got my offer from Bristol yesterday after being put on hold on 17 October!

Course: Philosophy and Politics
Grades: A*A*A* (achieved)
Applied: 12 October 2022
Received offer: 26 October 2022
Conditions: Unconditional
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

hi, i've got an offer for 2023 entry!
Course: Chemistry
Grades: Predicted A*A*A*A
Applied: 30th September 2022
Received offer: 10th October 2022
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by Anonymous

What grades did they want
Original post by Anonymous

Hey, congratulations! Any idea if you might want to firm or insurance?
Original post by daisiology

Course:
Grades:
Applied:
Received offer:

Hey! I'm yet to get my offer back but I meet the contextual offer criteria by a lot (and eligible for it) so hopefully I will get an offer soon! I just wanted to say hi since we're both on a gap year it seems!
Original post by fruitsandbarley
Hey! I'm yet to get my offer back but I meet the contextual offer criteria by a lot (and eligible for it) so hopefully I will get an offer soon! I just wanted to say hi since we're both on a gap year it seems!

That’s really cool! Thanks for saying hi! I hope you get in. And yeah haha a lot was going on during my A-Level year (last year) so I figured it would be better to just focus on what I needed to focus on that year and apply for unis during this year’s cycle instead. Which course are you hoping to get into? :smile:
Course: French and Russian
Grades: Predicted (A*/A*/A)
Applied: 10th October
Received offer: 13th October
Conditions (if applicable): ABB (unspecified)
That’s really cool! Thanks for saying hi! I hope you get in. And yeah haha a lot was going on during my A-Level year (last year) so I figured it would be better to just focus on what I needed to focus on that year and apply for unis during this year’s cycle instead. Which course are you hoping to get into? :smile:

I'm hoping politics and IR - I got an email saying that their decision for me will be delayed? i'm not quite sure what that means though. I got the grades I needed with flying colours so I should hypothetically get in. But we'll see!
Original post by BarnabyK
Course: French and Russian
Grades: Predicted (A*/A*/A)
Applied: 10th October
Received offer: 13th October
Conditions (if applicable): ABB (unspecified)

Hey, congratulations!

I'm hoping politics and IR - I got an email saying that their decision for me will be delayed? i'm not quite sure what that means though. I got the grades I needed with flying colours so I should hypothetically get in. But we'll see!

Oh, do you mean you got put on hold?
Hey, congratulations!

Oh, do you mean you got put on hold?

I think so?
I think so?

Ahh. There’s no need to worry about that. Bristol is known to put people on hold. It's their way of telling you you met their entry requirements and will have to wait a while for decision. It's not a bad thing. In fact, it's positive because it means they think you stand a chance.

From what I have heard, different departments in Bristol do things differently. Some put everyone on hold and might wait till the deadline in January before making offers, some make offers to candidates they like more quickly, and some put people on hold for a while until they've assessed more applications but won't make earlier applicants wait that long. When I got put on hold, Bristol let me know that that was what was happening via email and linked me to the following page so I could read more about it:
https://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/after-you-apply/your-application/decision/
(Original post by daisiology)Ahh. There’s no need to worry about that. Bristol is known to put people on hold. It's their way of telling you you met their entry requirements and will have to wait a while for decision. It's not a bad thing. In fact, it's positive because it means they think you stand a chance.

From what I have heard, different departments in Bristol do things differently. Some put everyone on hold and might wait till the deadline in January before making offers, some make offers to candidates they like more quickly, and some put people on hold for a while until they've assessed more applications but won't make earlier applicants wait that long. When I got put on hold, Bristol let me know that that was what was happening via email and linked me to the following page so I could read more about it:
https://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/after-you-apply/your-application/decision/

yeah i just saw that video - i was starting to get worried as i thought that it meant that i was like the bottom of the barrel? I mean I did really well on the IB so I'm optimistic for getting a place!
@fruitsandbarley That really isn’t what it means! It’s actually kind of like a department-preference thing. As I said, different departments seem to behave differently. I got put on hold with A*A*A* for my A-Levels and then they made me an offer nine days later so it’s really nothing to worry about. I know of people who got predicted top grades (at least two A*s) and also got put on hold. :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
@fruitsandbarley That really isn’t what it means! It’s actually kind of like a department-preference thing. As I said, different departments seem to behave differently. I got put on hold with A*A*A* for my A-Levels and then they made me an offer nine days later so it’s really nothing to worry about. I know of people who got predicted top grades (at least two A*s) and also got put on hold. :smile:

Nice! Thank you! I also assume since I already have my grades they'll want to look at those who haven't got their grades before giving me an unconditional too!
Hi!
Course: Modern Languages (German and French)
Grades: predicted 4 A*s
Applied: 12th Oct 22
Received offer: 22 Oct
Conditional ABB
Reply 15
Course: Mechanical Engineering (MEng)
Grades: A*A*A*A* + A EPQ (Predicted)
Applied: 10 October 2022
Received offer: 13 October 2022
@fruitsandbarley That might well be the case! All the best! Looking forward to your good news. :smile:

@d.harley @H_K_05 Ay, that’s so cool! Congratulations, guys! Any of you thinking of firming or insuring Bristol?
Reply 17
I think it'll depend - if I don't get Imperial or Oxford, then it'll probably be my firm, otherwise I intend to make it my insurance. Have you heard anything about offer holder open days yet?
Original post by H_K_05
I think it'll depend - if I don't get Imperial or Oxford, then it'll probably be my firm, otherwise I intend to make it my insurance. Have you heard anything about offer holder open days yet?

I see! All the best with that. Bristol isn't my top choice but it's certainly a lovely university and one I wouldn't be unhappy to attend. I haven't heard anything about open days yet, no.

Course:
Grades:
Applied:
Received offer:

hi hi,
Course: Modern Languages (French and Russian)
Grades: Predicted A*A*AA
Applied: 11th October
Received offer: 19th October
Conditions: Conditional - BBC (contextual)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending