The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Politics Paper 1 - 7152/1 23 May 2023 [Exam chat]

Poll

How did your AQA A-level Politics Paper 1 exam go today?

AQA A-Level Politics Paper 1 - 7152/1 23 May 2023 [Exam chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management

Date/Time: Tuesday 23rd May PM
Length: 2h

Good luck! :smile:

Congratulations on everyone finishing their exam today!
(edited 11 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hello all, currently summarising all my examples into a set of organised documents to aid with essay planning. Anyone know which topics came up last year? Hoping for EU and devolution this year.
Isn't this paper on the 23rd May?
Original post by InhumanReaction
Hello all, currently summarising all my examples into a set of organised documents to aid with essay planning. Anyone know which topics came up last year? Hoping for EU and devolution this year.

extract on need for a codified constitution
25 markers - judiciary + representative democracy
Reply 4
Original post by c8ssid7mull8n

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking
Original post by c8ssid7mull8n

Changed it :smile:
Original post by anonymoususerUK
Changed it :smile:

Thank you!
@c8ssid7mull8n Are you nervous about the exam?
Reply 8
Original post by InhumanReaction

I don’t think they are likely to do a 25 marker on the EU though because we aren’t part of it anymore….. and there has already been a 9 marker on it in 2021 so i hope not. But i’m also trying not to be selective so we’ll see :smile:
Original post by 7GiRl7
I don’t think they are likely to do a 25 marker on the EU though because we aren’t part of it anymore….. and there has already been a 9 marker on it in 2021 so i hope not. But i’m also trying not to be selective so we’ll see :smile:

Hopefully no EU in the paper. My politics teacher told me it's very unlikley.
Reply 10
Original post by anonymoususerUK
Hopefully no EU in the paper. My politics teacher told me it's very unlikley.

Do you have any predictions on what might come up ?
Original post by 7GiRl7
Do you have any predictions on what might come up ?

It's not worth trying to predict.
Reply 12
I'm praying the essays are either devolution or executive
Think we deserve advanced info, so many of my teachers have had Covid, just not turned up, been away for a week due to school trips and plus strikes. Just hoping the paper is easy icl, I’m just going through the specification and looking at what I know and don’t know. I might make a Google document with revision on it if anyone wants it!
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Sn0tinDollz
Think we deserve advanced info, so many of my teachers have had Covid, just not turned up, been away for a week due to school trips and plus strikes. Just hoping the paper is easy icl, I’m just going through the specification and looking at what I know and don’t know. I might make a Google document with revision on it if anyone wants it!

Yes please !!! that would be so helpful :smile: I feel like the Prime Minister and Cabinet hasn’t come up in a while so fingers crossed.
Reply 15
Any predicions on idelaogies?
Reply 16
What topics have not come up yet for UK Govt and Politics? I hope executive and pressure groups don't come up
Reply 17
Original post by Armzn
What topics have not come up yet for UK Govt and Politics? I hope executive and pressure groups don't come up

Hmm kind of same but I’m being kind of alert with pressure groups since it hasn’t came up in 2021&2022 paper 1 and interestingly political parties topic has came up on every past paper 1, so I wonder if they will continue that this year but who knows?¿
Reply 18
Original post by Scarl.H.D
Hmm kind of same but I’m being kind of alert with pressure groups since it hasn’t came up in 2021&2022 paper 1 and interestingly political parties topic has came up on every past paper 1, so I wonder if they will continue that this year but who knows?¿

yeah i agree with pressure groups - i reckon they'll be on there. Also executive as extract or essay as it's only ever been 9 markers i think. And i think maybe a constitution 9 marker? there's never been one so im guessing something to do with the sources
Reply 19
Original post by Sn0tinDollz

Hi mate, if you have made one, could I please have it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending