The Student Room Group

A-level Psychology Study Group 2022-2023

Scroll to see replies

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)
AQA

> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?
Social influence and memory

> What areas are you struggling with a little?
Last bits of psychopathology bc we did it at the end of y12 when everyone gave up a little haha

> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?

physicsandmathstutor has a tonnnn of practice questions
hello would you mind telling us year 13's what questions came up for the attachment section and what was your 16 marker on in paper 2 ?
Original post by Squiggles1238
Hello :smile:

For 16 markers, I would always have an introduction and a conclusion, regardless of the question. And then for the main body of your essay, you can go about it one of two ways; 1) you can first talk about all of your A01 knowledge and get that all down first, and then once that's done, then you can begin your evaluation, or 2) you can incorporate your A03 (evaluation) into your A01 paragraphs, making 4 or so paragraphs.
I would personally recommend doing it the second way, as it reads a lot better, and takes the essay up to a higher level.
If there is A02 marks in your question, I would tackle the application side of the essay as soon as you're able to, so that it's done and out the way

For 8 markers, again, you can have an introduction (it only needs to be really short, if you feel you won't have time then the introduction isn't as important for 8 markers) and a conclusion. I would just think of it as a mini 16-marker.
(Original post by Evil Homer)
Keeping this space for a list of resources or study tools that are recommended in this thread:
Seneca
Study Rocket
https://miadoesalevels.wordpress.com/
I finished A level Psychology recently, so I’m more than happy to help anyone with bits they are struggling with :smile:

Hi I'm just did a psychology mock and I got a D, I was wondering if you could share any useful tips on how you memorised content or anything else that helped you?
Original post by elianebeck
Hi I'm just did a psychology mock and I got a D, I was wondering if you could share any useful tips on how you memorised content or anything else that helped you?

Yeah sure, so for memorising content I personally found flashcards really useful, and then practicing questions to consolidate it
reading stuff and then writing it out onto a whiteboard is really helpful it
Original post by siahateskwl

yes! @elianebeck this is defo useful, it helps with active recall which forms better memories - look up blurting revision techniques :smile:

its all about memory and just constant repetition definitely recommend the revision guide if u do aqa psych it summarises everything into what you really need to no and helps with how to write evaluation seriously recommend helped me a lot. I used that and just read a page 2 times and then wrote out everything i could remember and then added in points in purple I didn't include and repeated this until I got all the points. mnemonics and flashcards- (anki flashcards- online flashcards) are also really gd. also print out the specification and use it as a checklist.
Original post by darceyspiderman
its all about memory and just constant repetition definitely recommend the revision guide if u do aqa psych it summarises everything into what you really need to no and helps with how to write evaluation seriously recommend helped me a lot. I used that and just read a page 2 times and then wrote out everything i could remember and then added in points in purple I didn't include and repeated this until I got all the points. mnemonics and flashcards- (anki flashcards- online flashcards) are also really gd. also print out the specification and use it as a checklist.

unfortunately i got all d´s too. i must say quizlet is very good. perhaps we can study together
Original post by siahateskwl

okay thank you I will definitely try this out.
thank you for your advise, I will try it out. I am doing the CIE exam though not the AQA.
:smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
what revision guide

I finished A level Psychology recently, so I’m more than happy to help anyone with bits they are struggling with :smile:

do you remember any questions on the paper 3 about schizophrenia ( if you did it )
Original post by happy.help77
do you remember any questions on the paper 3 about schizophrenia ( if you did it )

I did do schizophrenia however the questions have completely slipped my mind I’m sorry!! If you need any help with that topic I’ll happily help though :smile:
Bit ironic that stress is causing me the most stress at the moment. Why is there so much of it?!
When are your mocks fellow yr 13s?
I had mine on the 3rd week of Jan (or around that time). I have another psych exam that is basically a 2nd mock in a few weeks though, and then 2 chem tests just before easter and probably a bio test too. Might as well call them mocks at this point :frown:
Original post by Yuri.xhan
When are your mocks fellow yr 13s?

had our last set second week of jan (A in psychology :biggrin: ), we're being tested on little bits throughout tho because we still have a whole paper 3 unit not started yet
Original post by izzy4509x
had our last set second week of jan (A in psychology :biggrin: ), we're being tested on little bits throughout tho because we still have a whole paper 3 unit not started yet

OMG you guys still haven't started paper 3????!!!, we only have biopsychology left for paper 2. Also for paper 3, do you choose your own topics or does the teacher choose them for the whole class? congrats on the A btw!, What ur doing is working and i need some tips, good luck for future mocks/ final test :biggrin:
Original post by Infinxty09
I had mine on the 3rd week of Jan (or around that time). I have another psych exam that is basically a 2nd mock in a few weeks though, and then 2 chem tests just before easter and probably a bio test too. Might as well call them mocks at this point :frown:

Mine is also around Mar/ Apr and that's literally in a few weeks. My classmate does bio and chem and she always complains about them so i know it can be such a pain but just remember your goals!! good luck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending