The Student Room Group

Dundee Dentistry 2022 Entry

Welcome to the Dundee Dentistry 2022 Entry discussion thread. This includes standard and gateway entry discussion.

Useful links:

Undergraduate Dentistry 2022 entry thread: Official Dentistry 2022 Applicants' Thread! - The Student Room

The “Which dental school should I apply to?” Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

Dentistry Undergraduate Entry Requirements: Dentistry Entry Requirements | The Student Room

Dentistry Graduate Entry Requirements: Graduate entry requirements for dentistry | The Student Room

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Hello, has anyone else got a place to study Dentistry at Dundee uni next year? It would be lovely to connect with others with confirmed places :smile::smile::smile:
Does Dundee have limited places for English applicants and by how much?
Hi guys!!! Some help needed. I did chemistry at imperial and am expecting 2.1 in degree, and my alevels were A*A*AA(maths phys bio Chem). My UCAT is 2680 band1. But I’m an international student, so I guess my ucat score is not competitive enough for many unis. I’m thinking Dundee as one of my choices, Any advice?
Reply 4
Original post by lostapplicant
Hi guys!!! Some help needed. I did chemistry at imperial and am expecting 2.1 in degree, and my alevels were A*A*AA(maths phys bio Chem). My UCAT is 2680 band1. But I’m an international student, so I guess my ucat score is not competitive enough for many unis. I’m thinking Dundee as one of my choices, Any advice?

I got an interview from Dundee last year with a UCAT score of 2460 and I had similar grades. Your ucat score should be fine I think
Original post by LBH123
I got an interview from Dundee last year with a UCAT score of 2460 and I had similar grades. Your ucat score should be fine I think

Did u end up getting an offer? I’m an international student btw, so may need a higher score for interviews
Hi! Did anyone manage to get an interview at Dundee with a ucat 2300?
Reply 7
dundee are only taking taking half the applicants this year for anyone wondering !
(because of covid and making students repeat the year)

Original post by romyorr
dundee are only taking taking half the applicants this year for anyone wondering !
(because of covid and making students repeat the year)

Thanks for your reply. Do you think they will follow this approach for those deferring for the 2023 entry too?
Reply 9
Original post by Greekdentist

Thanks for your reply. Do you think they will follow this approach for those deferring for the 2023 entry too?

i’m not too sure, sorry. i just know about the 2022 admissions year. you could ring up and ask- that’s what i did
Original post by Greekdentist

The reason why they have half the spaces available is because they made all their students repeat a year which meant that they had no new year 1 intake or graduates this year. Therefore, their new year 1 will start in September 2022 rather than 2021 and so to make it fair, they decided to give half the spaces for 2021 applicants and the other half of spaces to 2022 applicants.

Unless they do the same thing again, which is highly unlikely, 2023 intake will not be affected in the same way.
Reply 11
Hi I’ve a place for dentistry at Dundee for next year
Original post by Lucycatrin
Hello, has anyone else got a place to study Dentistry at Dundee uni next year? It would be lovely to connect with others with confirmed places :smile::smile::smile:

I have!!! I didn’t know where to find others since I was the only one to go for dentistry in my school. And I haven’t had any update since the congrats you’re coming to Dundee” email
Original post by fox.yakira
I have!!! I didn’t know where to find others since I was the only one to go for dentistry in my school. And I haven’t had any update since the congrats you’re coming to Dundee” email

I have a place too! :smile:
I have a place too!!! (btw I'm an international student)
Is anyone else a graduate that will be studying Dentistry as a second degree? :smile:
Original post by ethereal_
Is anyone else a graduate that will be studying Dentistry as a second degree? :smile:

I am!! I did biomedical sciences as my first degree :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by orlamcg
Hi I’ve a place for dentistry at Dundee for next year

LUCKY YOUUUUU!!!congratss
Original post by fox.yakira

Me too! I was worried about not getting any emails from them but it’s good to know that I’m not the only one.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Lucycatrin
I am!! I did biomedical sciences as my first degree :smile:

Hey! I also have a place at Dundee and am a grad student! So happy to hear there are others in the same situation!! I actually done my 1st degree (biomed) at Dundee so am preparing for another 5 years there 🤣

Quick Reply

Latest